Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Daggers: Weak? Good? OP?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Scrapnotcrap, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

PVP related

Are daggers that viable? Can you pick them up as a main weapon? Do you think they're OP right now? Can you go out without daggers? Is it only good on a certain race such as a mahirim?

From my experience, daggers are balanced, but it almost feels like it's a must to carry them around now. R40 at the very least, probably better to carry R50 daggers rather than carrying a R50 GS

I see a new trend: ppl running in pvp set with daggers, no other type of melee weapon.
    If it's a melee trade, i see good players pulling out daggers instantly to win that. The first time i was a victim of that, i was actually winning the trade easily until that guy pulled-up a dagger. I was about to lose because it was unpredictable at first. I actually had to stormblast/mount away. I once pulled-out a dagger in the middle of a duel in a melee trade and i won because of that.

In regards to pve, if daggers are not considered balanced or OP in pvp, is it right to let them remain the best weapon in pve too?

2. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Daggers are sick if someone trades. You need to recognize that you are up against daggers and joust otherwise you will lose.

strangereligion likes this.
  3. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

My problem with them is R40 daggers prolly outdps R60 2handers against mobs.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Scrapnotcrap and RootedOak like this.
  4. Damphousse

Damphousse Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Daggers were a necessity before the range increase. Now, they're just straight up overpowered.

5. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Daggers received a two tick increase from df1 range. That's big.

As for dps, r40 daggers out dpsing all other weapon types by such a big margin basically breaks pve. They will never design an intesting mob encounter unless they put super high piercing protection on it.

Aristos Giannes and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  6. Ringo Starr

Ringo Starr Deadeye

Balanced in PvP, too good compared to other weapons in PvE. PErsonally I think all the weapons should be as good as knives in PvE. So instead of nerfing knives buff the rest of the weapons somehow in PvE.
    Imo knives are fun in PvP, they can easily be avoided if you know what you doing but provide more depth to meele fights.

Scrapnotcrap and strangereligion like this.
  7. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

I was thinking about making other weapons a bit faster in vertical slashing mode only due to the fact that we only use vertical mode in pve anyway.

Ringo Starr likes this.
  8. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Exactly why golems and baradrons are fun to solo. You use 1 hand transmutes and can time blocks and avoid the golem's big stomp attack. Like maybe the 1 truly engaging PvE experience I can think of. I bet Winterbounds would be fun to fight too if they were actually worth it.

9. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Wait til you try the queuing system that's on the test server.

10. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Does that hopefully make blocking after attacking more responsive?

11. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Flawlessly so with auto parry. It's not real queueing though. It's like a 1 to 0.5 sec window will allow the next action to queue. So if you're melee in and need to parry asap, you just jam the auto parry button and nothing will stop that from happening. At least with 60ms ping that is. It's a Florida server on test.

Aristos Giannes likes this.
  12. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Ok, i was scared for a minute. I hope it's not like Dnd'S queuing system.

What else is in that test server that we don't know? I'm not willing to waste any of my time on the test server when i'm constantly running out of gold.

13. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Ehh, well the queuing has bugs, but I'm guessing that's why the patch isn't in yet. There's the rest of the patch notes.

14. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

On DnD, it's a mess with the queuing system and the auto cast. If you chose to cast a ray in the middle of your magma bomb, a ray will come-out right after. The thing is, you can't cancel your next action, you can only change it. So instead, you would have to change your weapon as a substitute if you don't wanna cast anything next.

This has basically made me auto-cast transfers, heal/witchbrew or rays in bad situations. Things like that and the delay reductions in-between each spell-cast has actually made me turn away from DnD for ever.

Now i know, you haven't tried DnD yourself... i just know it's bad.

15. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I understand. I didn't feel that the queuing was negative as far as I tested beyond the bugged cooldowns.

16. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

I wouldn't call daggers op in pvp unless you're in a wof, on a ship, or the other guy doesn't know how to melee. If someone is standing there trading swings GS vs daggers they are going to lose, but it's pretty easy to trade 1 for 1 in which case GS is much better.