Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Dagnamyr Siege.

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by InexCrawl, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

I agree, instead of saying "gf's" they are grasping for anything to talk shit about. I'm actually disappointed in Keflon, thought he was better than that.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

We see what we want to see i guess. 2=12
    sblooting.jpg sblootin2.jpg

BeatIt and Scrubby Bear like this.
  3. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Looked like a lull in the fighting, no enemies in sight just a bunch of tombs.

#23 Dim Mok, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  4. Kotic

Kotic Infernal
    Legend

That is literally the moment you guys are calling for them to push into the bank area. WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO ENEMIES?!

Myater likes this.
  5. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Just my 3rd party perspective, it looked like straight fighting for about 10 minutes, there was a slight lull in fighting on the outside, people looted for what took maybe 1 minute? Then there was a push into the bank room where the enemy was consolidated on the north side / bank area.

If it was me, I would have called for a regroup then pushed. It's never good to go head strong for that long without a regroup. It appears the enemy side did exactly that but we did not.

BUT omg looting happened!! Let's talk about this more!

#25 Dim Mok, Oct 20, 2016
  6. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

That's where I disagree with you. I didn't think we had that many people looting til that pic. We either push the bank instantly or have another fight like that but with us having less people cause our bank is further. Not pushing and having to many people looting there lost the siege tbh. Was fun though.

7. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

8. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

I wasn't there, so I can only speak from a 3rd party perspective based on what I heard and saw in the video and what people told me after I got home. Wish I was there to be honest, but to not regroup after that long seemed like a mistake and the people who pushed the bank area immediately got hammered by a regrouped enemy force. Again, I wasn't there but this is what I heard.

9. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

We had a lot of them bind camped and they were not able to fully gear if we pushed. If we regrouped they all would have been geared, in full force, and we would of had less than the first fight because our bank is further. So it's either push and win or don't and lose on nutrition.

10. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Confirmed fish stew victory.

Bojangles likes this.
  11. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

My whole gripe is with the people only pointing out looting, and grasping for any reason to talk shit. Instead of saying "that was a good fight". To watch a 12 minute video of some amazing combat, to then pick out a 1 minute segment and talk shit about it is grasping and being poor sports is really all I have to say and add to this conversation.

As to should you push the bank room or regroup, this is where there is some confusion. I've heard that the people who did not loot and went immediately to the bank room were met by a reconsolidated enemy force. So it was either the intel was late, or you were expecting people to move much faster than was possible if the people who did not loot and rushed the bank area were met with only enemies and no Defiance in sight. But I digress, again this is my 3rd party perspective, someone else who was there like Dartemiss should be able to clarify this. For me, I don't see an issue with regrouping. It's the safer play and it looked like you guys were winning the fights, so a quick group check and push would have won the siege too imo.
    --- Post updated ---
    After taking a second look at the video, the looting in question took about 25-30 seconds of time. You don't just see SB looting either, you see other clans participating in the looting. You then see a push into the city where you don't see enemies and then the enemies pour out and kill people who look to be all over the city scattered. I really don't think the 25-30 seconds of looting is the problem here. Again, just my opinion.

#31 Dim Mok, Oct 20, 2016
  12. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

I only posted about the looting because you said there were two(2) people looting when that was completely false. You guys won the fight outside the walls and then only half of the force pushed in while the others looted. I died and was able to fully regear and get back into the fight because only energizer bunny was camping the bank room killing the people trying to regear. By the time imotep got to the bank room it was too late and he only looted for about 20 seconds but that was too long and it cost you guys the seige.

13. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

That's what I saw from the video, I then rechecked it and saw the portion you're talking about. To say 15 and only SB was looting is also completely false as was stated by Keflon.

Again, 20-30 seconds of looting should not make or break a fight after 10 minutes of constant fighting, also leaving the loot outside would allow the enemy to regear outside too. So if the enemy getting gear is the issue, both ways would have been bad. There needed to be more control over the groups inside the city, but from what I saw everyone was scattered about. But let's hinge all of this on looting, absolutely nothing else went wrong!

The confusing part is about the bank camping, I've heard three different sides and see something else. Dartemiss should respond to this, as I can't say for certain.

#33 Dim Mok, Oct 20, 2016
  14. GSO_taylorswift

GSO_taylorswift Wildtribe Mage
    Loyal Legend

Only loot I made off that siege was R40 GS your boys ran off with the rest when they saw the south would never rise again

15. Skotemo

Skotemo Akathar
    Hero

except that we had a max of 1-2 defiance doing a ton of work on their respawns, and we as a clan (defiance) was down to only a couple of of us left fighting them inside their bank area while you all split, and were yelling in coms to jump in etc. The force was really split, I remember running in and seeing like 4 of us all defiance fighting all of them thinking where the hell did everyone go???? seeing this video showed what happened. sad that people spent 8-10 seconds looking in corpses and it cost the entire fight. Was just a lack of communication. It's just something people that play for a long time realize, you cannot let up even for a second in a fight like this, and applying constant pressure is the only way to win, the second they can gear back up and get back in the fight its over, and they win by attrition.
    Leaving stuff on the graves isnt the best either, as it allows them to potentially regear as well and I get that, but at the end of the day they were on the ropes and more than 4 of us needed to be fighting them for that 2-3 minute span that you guys are fighting/looting/calling for people to jump in. We were fighting behind them, near the area that he died in the video, energizer was defiance that was killing their nakeds its even seen in the video, so any BS about them not being camped is just that BS. When you guys came in, you came around to the wrong side and it just took too long to reapply pressure and it was over. the earlier video shows a flank and them clearly coming back in full force.
    --- Post updated ---
    About 9:50 in the video is when defiance was ALREADY inside their city for over a minute fighting alone against them and attempting to bind camp, you swing all the way around and then push in, and by that time most if not all of defiance is wiped/dead/dying behind where you were looting. Once I Launched over the walls it was like myself bunny and 1 other that was inside fighting 5-6 of them half naked half fully geared while the remainder of them was regrouping inside the keep. It was lights out shortly after that, as they just swarmed us while you ran around the walls outside.

Kwatos and Dim Mok like this.
  16. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Well I know I didn't loot shit.
    I was 1 of the 10ish to fight inside dag as you can see on my video in the other thread.
    When falling back trying to get heals I saw hardly any of us. At that moment I felt our major force had abandoned our small group.
    I never saw defiance at the bank (not blaming them just, we were told they would be there)
    And all the people outside seemed to have spread out in all directions after the call was made to storm the bank and im not sure what the reason was for that?

No dick sucking intended, but I do give credit to the blackwater team for being such a good team playing group the cohesiveness you guys have and other pure vet clans for that matter have is very commendable, i only had that once when i had the clan Image, but all my guys joined defiance after i disbanded the clan.

as for my current clan sb i love the pure will and determination that dim and dart emit. they have a lot of passion and balls. their characters cant back up their irl energy and go-getter attitude. all and all i think its good they are taking on you blackwater and twelve inch guys. they are showing up to fights and sieges daily to better their new clan under the same name. most of their old core players arent playing. i asked justice why arent we flooding over people at sieges like in df1 during sb's hay days. he said because we dont event have a third of our core members and dart is trying to get these new guys up to speed.

in alpha defiance was arguably the best clan, whats happened in beta? i think they are missing majority of their guys.

based on pure will and determination sb has had a major say in the world of agon.

based on pure skill/character/teamplay blackwater has the best beta team

and the honorable mention is franchises group haha, you all hate him as much as you hate me for different reasons. but all of us have to give credit where credit is due. between all his crazy moments he somehow always gets a cohesive team together and they fuck shit up giving blackwater a run for their money and also twelve inches.

twelve inches is def an elite team also, but i feel they are not yet as cohesive as blackwater and the chksix guys were before they all dissipated and in open world pvp clans like mine sb/defiance/gso could go all day 50/50ing them.

all us vets love talking shit to each other seeing who has the biggest epeen but eventually i think we all realize that some actions major clans or groups of vets take can lead to a lower population in game essentially killing the game.

so ill end my rant by saying im having fun and love that we have df back, i just hope it isnt ruined by bpg or dnd or by our community!

Dim Mok likes this.
  17. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

"Defiance is binding camping them at the bank, we need to get in there and help them"

"Well they need to come out here then I reckon."

Looting commences.

18. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

So it sounds like a couple issues caused the loss, not just the looting but the looting contributed to it after talking to Justice and other SB members.

19. Nugsbunny

Nugsbunny Windlord
    Loyal Legend

i needed regs lol:laughing::tearsofjoy:

20. brahji

brahji Black Knight
    Legend

only person i saw at our bank was aimers. we called 1 person back and the rest of us regeared.