Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Daily login bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yomi Scythetalon, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Daily login bonus

1. Yay

2. Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Sometimes its the simple things that keep people logging in. Dunno what the bonuses should be but should be better on consecutive days.

Thoughts?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

A good thought and something that will be very useful with F2P. We are looking at potentially adding in a new type of virtual currency you can use in the shop for most things except account services(Game time, name changes, etc). This would allow us to give them to players to earn in the game without affecting our income from nithron coin sales. This would be something that we could tie to daily logins as well as maybe meditation points, some kind of "chaos chest" item after so many days, etc.

We've had a few ideas on this topic but it's been dusty for some time internally as we've focused on other things. Let's see what people can come up with in this thread :)

3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Examples of daily login calendar from lost saga.

I feel like making a video just to show you guys how it plays out. A very good system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yomi Scythetalon and NonFactor like this.
  4. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

Dungeon Fighter Online, Tera Online, Closers Online, All the korean mmo's have great incentives to login, via daily boosts, buffs, items, and weekly goals, quests, login time rewards, temporary skins, items, gear, potions, etc. It's a great system, seems too hard for bpg to implement. They can't do armor dyes which a player could make in an hour sooooooooooooooooooo.......... Really depends on dev time spent developing, and it's obvious they are kinda not developing along the lines of normalcy. I mean, we really want dyes, we really want fun additional event content like land towers, weekly 120 stat pot quests, full bone armor mastery armor, alternative gear appearances, maybe a sort of city requisition to provoke more raiding, maybe a buff to blow up church like UW, any additional fun things. problem is, they usually just do Text adjustments, Title 'tasks' or teleportation improvements. I still don't know how they managed to do champs and village content and failed to keep pumping out such awesomeness.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  5. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

What’s platinum yomi I see it in the patch notes but I missed the part where they explain what it’s used for all I see in the last few patches is how to obtain it. I hate that games constantly add different types of currency as the original currency (gold) becomes too inflated.

6. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

We should get a Bingo card and every day a new number is called. First person to get a Bingo gets a token and anyone else who gets Bingo before the month is over would get a picture of @Andrew to hang up in their house.

Of course the center square would automatically unlock after logging in 3 days in a row!

This would increase the population of Elderly and the sheer excitement of Darkfall would help stabilize the entire worlds population!

Korag, Madmatt and Mea Kulpa like this.
  7. Void

Void Chosen of Khamset
    Loyal Legend

Make daily tasks be in game quests or kill count type mechanics that get people out doing things. Please don’t make daily tasks revolve around mini games that you play while starring at the bank.

8. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Patron

The daily tasks or quests need better options as rewards. Why can't I pick what reward I want out of 3-4 different items?

MikerotchBAGFACE likes this.
  9. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

remember when I said that in beta...

doing daily task/quest from NPC in player own city or Billboard should give rep/points to use on a vendor for diff reward.

so fucking hard to create content / conflic/ pvp. on top players have a reason to own a city and log in everyday.

The Red King likes this.
  10. Yomi Scythetalon

Idk to be honest I dont read patch notes since I dont lead a clan anymore and it doesnt directly reflect the great mahirim race. I think its clan funds that will get acquired with the territory you own that you can spend on clan stuffs.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also who voted no, calm down satan
    --- Post updated ---
    Lol @Fengor might come back

11. Thrill Kill

Thrill Kill Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

Why add more currency? I would work with the chaos chest idea, that concept exists and people love the possibility.

12. Yomi Scythetalon

bump

Myater likes this.
  13. Chantree

Chantree Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Legend

upkeep tokens for homes and keeps

KingLlama likes this.
  14. KingLlama

KingLlama Infernal
    Supporter Lifetime

Or maybe 500 meditation points per day, 1k the second 1.5k the next all the way up too 5k and than a random item that could help depending on what skills are at a 5/5

15. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

something easy:

day-1: 1 small treasure map
    day-2: 1 small treasure map
    day-3: 1 medium treasure map
    day-4: 1 medium treasure map
    day-5: 1 large treasure map
    day-6: start from day-1

16. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Question:

What's the opinion on free accounts getting this kind of bonus?

We like this idea and it will likely get in at some point. When we go full freemium would this be a subscriber perk only or for free accounts to collect as well?

GrimReapiN and koruun like this.
  17. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Separate rewards. One login bonus for members, one for plebs.

18. Madmatt

Madmatt Deadeye
    Hero

What follows is my opinion based on the model you seem to be targeting. Have daily log in bonuses for both situations. A nice and useful bonuses for the premium guys and gals and a lesser version for the f2p crowd. Here is the deal though, make sure the freemium guys are not getting useless things but not as good as premium, and make sure that freemium can see what their rewards would be should they become a premium player. Such gimicks have been slaying the wallets of parents ever since f2p manifested.

If I was you guys I would be looking at f2p models that have been wildly successful and borrow ideas(if you're not already). If you want to succeed copy those that already have. I can say from my own experience I have told several people you plan to go free to play and they get excited. Most of them bitch about having to pay for a game so they play f2p games and spend an assload of money on skins and other nonsense anyways. Psycology is your freind.
    :)

Nat and Yomi Scythetalon like this.
  19. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Careful. You end up with 3 currencies we're gonna be a greek turned american korean grinder Mmorpg. :p
    --- Post updated ---
    Award it to both. Make it apparent on the log-in selection screen that subscribers get double the reward. Ezpz.

Sero likes this.
  20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

kill count doesn't work as the super try hards will be killing alts, guild mates, friends, afker's and then bragging bout the count.
    --- Post updated ---
    I would say for free accounts they get 7 days or something with the seventh day being a decent item. Then the 8th day a message to subscribe for more...