Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Daily/Weekly Reset

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by rikilii, Feb 21, 2020.

1. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

There seems to be some inconsistency on what happens when the reset timer for a daily/weekly quest runs out.

My impression was that the purpose of the timer was to prevent players from doing these too often, not to put a deadline on how long they have to do them.

However, in some cases, it seems like any progress is being wiped when the reset time runs out. And more odd, I get differing results on different characters -- my Freemium alt did not lose progress after the timer ran out, but my Premium main did not.

The Red King likes this.
  2. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

+1

I feel like these should be resetting at server down/server up, but they aren't. We've had folks have their task progress reset halfway through the task in the middle of the day... annoying would be putting it mildly.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    The Red King likes this.
  3. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Can we just put a 24 hours timer from the completion of the task? People who have work / kids / school etc sometimes cant bang off 5 in a play session. Putting the timer at the end like the iklit quest would fix this.

Searven and Geezy like this.
  4. Slowhand

Slowhand Goblin Scout

Dungeon quest have a timer of 22 hours, so you can start your next session a bit earlier next day. Probably a timer of 20 hours would be best, because else it would always shift to a later time, as doing the task takes time.

Best would be to:
    - Everyone be able to select a time of the day when their dailies will reset.
    - Be able to select a day of a week when your weeklies reset.

OR

- Make your clan be able to set the above times/days since you group up usually with same people. With current pop probably not the best idea, however on the long run, with other clan adjustment this could make groups more cozier.

The Red King likes this.
  5. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

I agree that the reset should be synched, and at reset time. It's especially annoying when different people have different reset times.

But more importantly, I still think that the reset should only be a guard against people doing daily/weekly tasks more than once per day/week. They shouldn't serve as a deadline to get it done. In other words, the reset should be what you have to wait for so you can do it again. It shouldn't reset your progress if you don't finish by then.