Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Damage in RoA Beta is completely off from DFO

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Kilset, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

anyone played dnd lately?

- almost double the increased melee speed ( this includes haste)
    - TTK is alot faster then darkfall.
    - 4 front hits and your dead.
    - impossible to recover with stats.

im very glad that ROA @least made the decision that they wont adjust the combat.

on the other hand i dont get why roa dont fix the simple XML changes to this game

2. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

Have you?

3. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

pick your poison

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    SuB ZeRo likes this.
  4. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

Ppl are forgetting it's still work in progress. None of those 4 statements is true though. Maybe the second for robes, but then again, read the first sentencje.

5. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

i like "WTF" the best. Really shows that devs have a keen eye for balance lol, smh

6. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

90 falling dmg from come hither + reflected inferno.

7. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

+ a fireball and a ray, no delay in between casts. Lol, stop trying to justify that ttk, its disgusting

8. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

So he got hit by fireball and ray. Guess that doesn't happen on roa. :eek:

9. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

oh it happens all the time, however the fight doesnt just end because of it. There was no increase of dmg taken caps, there was no UW gear created to make you some glass cannon, and there was no removal of spell delays between casts; im pretty sure they added in action que if im not mistaken as well? correct me if im wrong. Each one of those changes are bad, and they got them all, lol. But ur right, its WIP, im sure they have it all under control

10. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

We're talking about the "wtf" vid here. You think it ended so fast because of dnd changes?

11. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

come do the same thing on roa, and let me know if its the same. Its not even like he died that fast in melee and then you can justify it a bit, but it was magic.

12. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

DND is mid process of fundamentally changing combat of course it's not balanced or proper TTK atm

Thats no excuse for nor does it explain how ROA TTK got fucked up

Also mark my words the removal of built in delays will absolutely be a good thing by launch if it isn't already

Just play the version you prefer and be happy there is competition. That ALWAYS benefits the consumer

13. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

Probably not because of come hither nerf. It would on df1 tho.

14. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

It does happen. But the player being knocked up has a time to react and parry the ray. RoA allows more playstyles. Aggressive, Passive, Reaction based, etc etc while DnD you pretty much only can be aggressive with how fast you can throw spells out. If you go on the defensive you basically already lost.
    --- Post updated ---
    Work in progress or not doesn't really matter. If it seems broken now might as well point it out so they can fix it. If it's broken, even for only a small time, people will stop playing.

Fengor and Sique like this.
  15. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

I agree on rays, it's bad atm because you basically can land bolt and ray after a fireball. Rays are getting changed tho. Work in progress again. It's what beta is for, isnt it?
    Other than that it isnt as bad as ppl think. Due to no casting delays healing is faster too btw.

16. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Progress or not, you don't want the game to have a period where something is broken even if it's just a stage because you will lose people. Healing is faster, but you are limited on healing because of the lack of abilities (3 healing spells for self WB, heal self, stam to hp) while you can constantly throw DPS. Now you can say it's the same in RoA which it is, but you can't just spam things into oblivion which means there's time to heal.

I've played both servers so it's not like I'm saying these things without trying them both. Now you may play both as well but these are my opinions based on what I've seen and it hurts my play style of being passive and reacting to mistakes as that doesn't work in DnD other than positional mistakes since you cast so fast. I agree beta is for progress, but it's also for people to critique what they are doing as well.

17. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

I agree having things unbalanced doesnt do any good, but How do you balance things without testing?

18. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

I agree with them testing. My point is it doesn't take a long time to see the issues and it's mostly number changes when it comes to fixing these thing. Cooldowns, delay, dmg, cast times, etc. So the fixes shouldn't take this long. This honestly goes for both companies in my opinion where they work pretty slowly with things of that nature.

gosti likes this.
  19. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

I never understood the "lets wait x weeks to see how it goes" for some changes either.

Myater likes this.
  20. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Lmao u just mad cuz u didn't think of the LM juggle meta first