Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Darkfall clasic server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clyde frog, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Zuul Ghat

Zuul Ghat Deadeye
    Legend

ROA is far from classic.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Battle Smurf likes this.
  2. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

What's so "far" about it?

BPG added some good things like Dyes, Tasks, Easier key commands configuration, and markets.

BPG added some neutral things like Runebooks, Billboards, Potions and Champions.

BPG added some stupid shit like Maintenance, Toys, and the new Alignment system.

But really overall... the gameplay loop is basically identical. PvP for the sake of PvP because nothing really matters. BPG's inability to grasp that there needs to actually be an endgame is why the game is failing so hard. Going back to a classic server that has the same problem won't fix anything.

3. Porch

Porch Goblin Warlord
    Loyal

Ya i eant to play df classic with suck cool features like cities not having gates.

4. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

BPG broke the economy and removed the grind which put the game on a 3 month death timer at launch (remember I warned them well in advance of launch)

Darkfall can't have a population without long term character/ item progression and SCARCE high end resources with plenty of item/gold sinks that FORCE people to keep going out in the world and farming

Honestly increasing teleportation was pretty stupid too if you want dynamic open world pvp to happen

Scarcity drives conflict and lots of teleportation allows people to dodge fights and or miss running into each other randomly in the world, it also fucks up sieges and territory control.

Classic DF1 was overall better for those reasons alone. The instant gratification kiddies, autistic "fair fights" crowd, and the economically challenged short sighted developers killed ROA in the womb.

They don't have even a basic understanding of how sandbox PvP mmorpgs are supposed to work or understand the concept of risk vs reward. Sometimes you have to do things you don't necessarily want to in order to get to the good part/ MAKE things more meaningful in pvp/ make long term pvp keep occuring/ keep other people playing, They just want to be the predator on offense 100% of the time while never potentially being the prey (farming) or being at a disadvantage in character skill/gear/ numbers/ buffs/ logistics.

Time spent grinding your character, the gear you wear, and logistics should matter more in RoA. When individual player skill is SUCH a singular determining factor of the outcome of fights and there is no way to mitigate that through risk vs reward or character grind, you aren't going to be left with many people long term because most people suck and will just go play something else when they keep losing.

Especially in a zero sum game like RoA. If BPG were smart and added a % durability hit on knockdown (KILL) and a chance for items to be destroyed on (gank) then that would make the losing team feel like they accomplished something (assuming they got some kills/ganks before being routed) AND it would really help the economy/ keep EVERYONE farming and getting more open world pvp long term

#24 Battle Smurf, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  5. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

It's fucking July 13th 2020 and Smurf is still writing paragraphs on these dead ass forums. Unbelievable.

The Red King and MaxiHori like this.
  6. FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool

FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool Goblin Warrior

We all have our flaws. A few of yours are constantly, a fair guesstimate being 50% of your post last year, constantly mentioning this and thinking that it somehow makes you special, and writing to an audience that obviously doesn't give a shit about what you have to say. You do not have a crystal ball, you have not come to a unique conclusion, and I think a fair amount of people saw this chain of events coming.

You are pretty much doing basic math, feel entitled to brag, and somehow manage to take pride in it. What this makes you is a shitty person in real life, bordering insane, with a very basic understating of MMOs.

A few of mine are being a bully to bullies, checking people misrepresenting the truth or using flawed logic for their benefit, and writing shit just out of annoyance. I have no practical need for it, I shouldn't do it, but my impulse control is too bad. This makes me a bad person to shitty people or stupid people without any self awareness.

Can you figure out who my audience is?

JasperHawkins and onslaught like this.
  7. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

love the pysch analysis on a forum post about a classic server...

8. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

9. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I agree with everything except last paragraph. I loath Albion style loot destruction on death. When I kill a dude I want to take every fucking thing. With that said the new system in roa is just as bad as the system you like. When you die in a blue zone you keep your gear you had on.

going back to what you said in the opening: make resources a lot more rare and grindy would mean: an over flooding market of gear, is non existent (which is good). Could even go a step further and make free accounts not being able to craft. And make paying accounts only able to choose 1-3 crafts per toon. (I hate that idea because I love being a jack of all trades) but if it made the economy great than it would be worth it. Or allow people to craft everything up to tier 50 and than only allow 1-3 masteries. And if you choose crafting masteries than it will lock you out of combat masteries. This would make crafters even more rare and demanded.

Methodico likes this.
  10. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

1. I was warning about these things back in early 2016, years before midwits like you caught on (bet me $ and I'll post the receipts)

2. You aren't capable of bullying me

3. Your parents wasted $50,000 on that Psych 101 Zoom class

clyde frog likes this.
  11. Methodico

Methodico Winterbound

We still have 100 players because we play a vanilla version of DF, no one want to play Classic DF because It was tedious, empty,
    hell for new players. Durability Is not a problem, the real problem Is the time to spend to make a ready bag in bank and the enchanting system that still sux, no recipes, nothing explained. I think that armors have too much pieces, this Is a problem for market infact no One buy armors.

MaxiHori likes this.
  12. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

you can keep saying this is a vanilla server but it’s just not true.

Mea Kulpa and Zuul Ghat like this.
  13. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

I dunno