Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Darkfall: New Dawn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlackSun, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackSun

BlackSun Deadeye

So, why don't you guys work together to me more productive rather than Splitting and failing at some Point. One of the These two Projects will definitly fail.

Rise of Agon (click) versus Darkfall: New Dawn (click)

edit: btw there is no optical difference between links and plain text

2. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

At this point DND's vision is clearly drastically different than RoA. I think RoA is a much more realistic approach and DND has kind of gone off the deep end with the ideas and theorycrafting. It's like a kid daydreaming about making his own perfect dream game and getting way too carried away with it and not taking into account how it would all actually play out, let alone be feasible.

3. BlackSun

BlackSun Deadeye

Probably, but still: working together could Speed up the Progress made and it would be a win for everyone in the Long run. This is my opinion. but in the end i'm just a concerned player

4. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

DND seems too DFUW2.0ish

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

In the eye of you old vets indeed, expected no less, but from a new player perspective and experience both are interesting projects with a different approach, both will keep the combat mechanic intact but change the meta, both will add sandbox content and non pvp activities.

I like these 2 project and their new vision, and moreover they both clearly understand that the game can't be commercially succesfull if they just reopen a vanilla server.

6. Gruesome

Gruesome Skeleton Archer

1 team has a huge contributor base of people doing this for no other reason than Darkfall. The other has 3 people who originally said they werent going to rely on community input. You're asking in the wrong forum why a merger isn't possible.

7. Aristos Giannes

Hero

I think you're seriously misquoting DnD here. They said they had a concrete plan, but definitely weren't opposed to community input. I mean look at how much they communicate with the community compared to the devs here. Granted we have yet to see how detailed and thorough this Q&A is going to be.

8. ODB

ODB Akathar
    Hero

First off I believe that 35 heads are better than 10, on any given day...even if hell were to freeze over.

Second of all, relating to my first comment, New Dawn has 10 PROGRAMMERS who all have solid industry experience (from what I gathered). Rise Of Agon not only has PROGRAMMERS (I wouldn't know the difference between a good progammer or a bad one, so ill defer judgement) they have MARKETERS (and experienced ones at that), COMMUNITY MANAGERS (and experienced ones at that), ARTSY PEOPLE ((animators)fitting saddles of fire dragons, ect), AMAZING COMMUNITY DRIVEN TALENT (Umberto Motherfucking Finito, ect, ect, ect, and ect ++), and BUSINESSMEN (Andrew, Michael, ect, ect, ect, and ect++).

The problem of Darkfall isn't one that is going to be solved by a dream and 10 dudes who know how to code the game and make it run properly, or even better than it had in AV's hand.

No, if the problem of Darkfall is going to be solved its going to be solved by a multi-pronged approach, and only a multi-pronged approach that will address its previous failures in all areas a company is judged by.

That is why New Dawn and RoA will never be compatible in terms of vision, because New Dawn lacks the WHOLE vision.

9. Aristos Giannes

Hero

I see your point, but DnD has made it clear they will be ready to hire any sort of talent they'll need when the time comes. Like they said, any art people on the team now for example would just be dead weight since they can't really do anything until they get the code.

10. ODB

ODB Akathar
    Hero

So basically your asking someone to invest in a company who is behind the power curve as opposed to being in front of it? (Ergo the lack of the obvious natural business foresight)

A company that says we'll hire when we eventually need it is neither prepared nor led by a competent businessman with industry experience that has hardened them to the facts.

Its all about being ahead of your competition or being swallowed by the competition your behind.

New Dawn is already behind the curve my friend.

Not only that but New Dawn is basically saying "we'll only put skin in the game when its absolutely necessary"

Sorry thats bad business.

11. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Ehhhh I get what you mean but it's kind of a unique situation here since they literally can't move forward at all and are waiting on the sluggishness of another company. It'd be better to see how they operate vs. RoA once both teams actually get the code.

12. ODB

ODB Akathar
    Hero

It's only a unique situation to someone who's inexperienced in business in GENERAL, which scares me even more while reading your posts.

Any business venture is an investment. The quality of your investment directly reflects the amount of risk involved with the investment. I.E. the greater the risk the greater reward. Now there is such thing as risk management where one divides perceived risk from actual risk.

New Dawn perceived that there is a risk that they wont even be able to get the code.

If your not confident that you can get the code then why are you in the business in the first place?

I'd say if that were the case you have no business doing business in this particular business.

Ergo anyone who isn't confident enough in the idea of their product isn't going to be confident enough to make the though decisions the RIGHT way.

ERGO New Dawn isn't willing to put anything on the line because they aren't confident enough in their ability to win but they want you to believe that they are winners?

Confidence and a pair of brass balls is 85% of the battle.

13. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Where do you get that notion? They've said multiple times getting the code is a done deal. They just don't see the point in expanding their team until it's needed.

14. ODB

ODB Akathar
    Hero

Then it makes you wonder why they are all bark and no bite, if they really are that confident.

If you've got the code why wouldn't you start preparing for Marketing and deployment of said Marketing strategy and second of all why are you waiting until the last hour to start marketing to the people you want to play your game? And start convincing them that they should play New Dawn instead of RoA...oh wait...that seems to be what your attempting to do.

The difference between New Dawn and RoA is that New Dawn is pulling on the coat tail of RoA, not the other way around.

Let me tell you whats going to happen, and in one year you can message me telling me how fucking awesome I am:

1) New Dawn and Rise Of Agon will sign deals around the same time.
    2) Rise Of Agon will secure its initial foothold in the market with an alpha release 3 months before New Dawn launches its project.
    3) Rise Of Agon will have at least a 3:1 participation rate that New Dawn has due to its foresight and insightful marketing campaign.
    4) New Dawn will struggle with its concept deployment in Alpha but will overcome its problems quickly, however in spite of this advantage in superior programming they will continue to fall behind RoA because RoA has solved the problems by not creating them in the first place
    5) Based on Rise Of Agons success they will launch a kickstarter campaign 5-6 months ahead of New Dawn
    6) This is the proverbial nail in the coffin of New Dawn but they are committed to their project and launch a funding campaign of their own.
    7) Rise Of Agon gains 4 times the amount of funding that New Dawn does.
    8) New Dawn realizes that they're beat
    9) Half of New Dawns team gets absorbed by Rise Of Agon.

If I had to bet I'd say you're trying to filter some of RoA's following to New Dawns following by piggy backing off a New Dawn thread in RoA forums. But hey the corporate battlefield may have made me a bit paranoid and/or jaded but I'd rather be safe than sorry any day of the week.

Consider this the proverbial line drawn in the sand.

Anyone who thinks differently can PM me because I'm taking bets.

15. Aristos Giannes

Hero

I'm actually a supporter of RoA, not DND. DND is getting way too carried away with the theorycrafting and I don't like their direction of the game with adding all the CC and giving warriors similar CC and utility to mages. It's UW all over again. I'm just giving credit where credit is due, and at the very least DND doesn't deserve to be misinterpreted or misquoted.

16. ODB

ODB Akathar
    Hero

Fair enough good sir!

Call me paranoid then :roll:

I agree that we should give everyone their fair share of credit where credit is due and to make sure that we don't misrepresent anything because from what I can tell everyone (RoA and New Dawn that is) is playing nicely right now and no sandcastles have been kicked over, yet.

Forgive my bull-dogged-ness, I'm not that big of an asshole or at least try not to be :lol:

17. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Haha, no harm done. It's my favorite game too, everyone's just passionate about getting it done right!

18. ODB

ODB Akathar
    Hero

I propose a toast of coffee in the name of success to the best:

[glow=red][highlight=yellow]TO RISE OF AGON![/highlight][/glow]

19. Zeb

Zeb Infernal
    Wealthy Hero

Cheers mate

20. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

I agree both should have merged but unfortunately that wasn't a possibility. I tried to merge the two when DnD first came out publicly. After a few weeks of trying to convince them it was best for the community they endeavoured to go alone despite my best efforts at joining forces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.