Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Darkfall Optimized Computer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Azane, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Azane

Azane New Member

I'm going to be buying or building a new computer to play Darkfall once this starts picking up speed (hopefully soon tm)

I remember there were some weird things though about the client and how it would stress your machine. So if someone remembers better than I or if you just have suggestions on what direction to go I'd greatly appreciate it.

If I remember correctly it was more processor intensive than graphics card intensive and there was something about it not using multiple cores properly right?

2. Rigon

Rigon Windlord
    Legend

Darkfall is an old ass game. Just get an i7 from last year or year b4. The pc should price at like $800 or less imo.

Best thing to do is find a gamer who needs cash bad on craig's list. Who spent way too much money on a gaming PC. Offer him something low an reasonable. Buddy of mine bought a PC made last year worth probably $1200, for like $400.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Mortimer

Mortimer Deadeye

What you need to be looking at is high mhz per core on the cpu. I doubt the graphics card can bottleneck you anymore but it did happen to me in the past with an old pc.

Mostly the cpu, OC'd or naturally high but 4000mhz is what you should be aiming at at the least, since technology went ahead that should be comparable to 4400mhz on older cpus which was what you needed for a good fps in sieges.

i7 4790k here overclocked.

Edit: oh and a SSD will improve loading time :D

4. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

Dont buy amd cpus.
    Back in the day i had a amd phenom ll 940 clocked at 4 ghz and that was a turde siges was unplayble, and larger fights was laggy.
    I got my hands on a i7 2600k 3.4 ghz and and a gtx 560ti and in kvitstine siege eu1 f300 alliance we had a siege of around 500 players fighting in the city, i got about 30 ish fps.
    Normal sieges was 80-100 fps, farming mobs i had 350-500 fps (500 is the cap)

5. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

tech's come a long way since, vram on gpu's was 2gb back then, the standard for 2016 is 6gb?

anything currently sold in the mid-range will beast darkfall no problems

6. b1naryher0

b1naryher0 Goblin Warrior

DFO did not benefit from neither hyperthreading or multicore afaik.
    So focus on quality over quantity when picking a CPU. 4GHz or more. Look into overclocking.
    RoA team has talked about making the client more modern though. So to be future safe you might wanna invest in a quad core with hyperthreading.

Apart from that you can't really go wrong.
    ~+12 GB ram
    SSD (my choice is Samsung 250 pro)
    Any graphics card with atleast 4GB memory.

#6 b1naryher0, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  7. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

Would be amazing if they optimize the game client.

It would make the game so accessible too, by todays standards.

Forgotten likes this.
  8. nxte

nxte Goblin Warrior

Graphics card does not matter much, its all about the high clock speed on the processor. At least it was when you turned off shadows and lowered graphics quality. Invest in a decent cpu and a ssd for the game and if you have a graphics card now that works keep it for now and upgrade it when the new pascal or polaris GPUs is released and you have the money for it.

You might want a newer Nvidia card so you can use shadowplay if you want to record videos.

From my personal expiernece I had better fps on my pc using a 9800gtx because it had a better processor than my pc with a 560ti at the time.

9. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

Mzh does not matter its how much work a cpu can make per clock.
    So a i7 2600k at 4 ghz vs a new i7 at 3.4 ghz does not make the 4 ghz cpu win...

Clarence Swamptown likes this.
  10. Azane

Azane New Member

Thanks for all the input guys

11. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

I built the rig i'm playing on for darkfall a few years back, am still capable of running the latest games with no issues get a decent nvida900 series at least, and quad core or higher cpu, your motherboard need to be expandable for ram asus boards are pretty good, mine runs up to 64 gigs. dont skimp on the ssd, cpu, ram, and you should be fine, get a good nvidia card and you'll have no problems at all.

12. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

2600k @ 5.1ghz + gtx980 is what I ran df on and its probably still the best for gaming even today.

Even if you spent 3000 euro on a super rig the diffrence would be marginal at best.

Gaming need speed and not power.

13. Ramon Wolfs

Ramon Wolfs Akathar

GTX 980? Pretty sure that one got released after DF1 shut down?

14. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

You might be right actually. Was probably older 780 I was referring to. However the upgrade from 780 to 980 would have very little impact in the df engine. Its all about cpu.

15. Ramon Wolfs

Ramon Wolfs Akathar

Yeah a 780 is a great card, still is. I am running a 770 and I can't complain. Still running most games fine @ 1080p, although not always at the best settings. Planning on upgrading soon but I might wait till the new GPU's hit the market, will see.

16. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

As an 980 wich is also factory overclocked im probably waiting atleast 2 generations before I upgrade. Anything more bold atm would be bottlenecked by your cpu anyways.

17. Mortimer

Mortimer Deadeye

On the topic of computers can anyone recommend a very good motherboard for a 1150 socket processor which in addition is great for overclocking?

I had an MSI z97 gaming 7 but sadly it needed replacement .. and on the way to be replaced chumps from ups damaged it so now I have to buy a new one. Anyone?

Edit: on a side note, did not like msi's bios

18. Ramon Wolfs

Ramon Wolfs Akathar

http://www.gigabyte.co.nl/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4518#ov I have that one, no complaints whatsoever.

Mortimer likes this.
  19. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

Gtx 780 is a great card it runns my 3440x1440 screen with games on medium/high with ok framerates (leauge if legends at ultra with 200 fps xD) :) a upgrade to a 980ti could not be a bad thing for trippel A titels.
    But the dell monitor 21:9 3440x1440 scales great to 1080p :)

20. Mortimer

Mortimer Deadeye