Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Darkfall Optimized Computer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Azane, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

buy a latest intel cpu i5 and a gtx 970 and you ahould have 100 fps in normal sieges

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I had 100 fps in normal sieges with a 2500k and gtx 460. and refer to my last post about the latest i5, it might be a better idea to go with the haswell instead.

Spot on with the 970 though. If you're buying a GPU, the 970 is what you should buy right now anyways. It'll handle the newer, better looking console ports, it's a good dollar to performance ratio, and it'll handle darkfall EZPZ. 960 will do all of this too, except you might not have max settings on everything for every new game that comes out. Whether that's worth $100 to you is up to you.

3. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

Fairly sure my 2600k @ 5.1ghz will beat a 4790k in darkfall. However im not sure how high people have managed to get the 4970k yet but never the less, it wont differ much.

4. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

The performance increase from overclocking isn't linear, and single core performance varies greatly from cpu to cpu.

5. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

2nd gen vs. 4th gen, you can't really compare them ghz to ghz

6. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

While that is perfectly true the single core performance is not that much better, id say its more of an upgrade sideways.

7. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

Tell me why not in this case?

8. Ramon Wolfs

Ramon Wolfs Akathar

I think its about 10% if I remember. Most of the gain nowadays comes from idle power consumption, I think thats where there is quite a difference between Haswell and Sandy(not that it really matters for the discussion that is currently going on).

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Proces...erformance-and-Architecture/Clock-Clock-Sandy
    http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Proces...erformance-and-Architecture/Power-Consumption

Than again, we have no clue how its going to work out in Darkfall. All we known is it runs off 1 core so that an older but higher overclocked CPU will probably avg you better FPS than a non overclocked Skylake for example. Just pure guessing at this point though. I highly doubt a newer processor which runs at the game ghz is going to give you worse results than an older cpu at the same ghz, though. Who knows, its a guessing game.

9. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

i3 Dual cores would perform the best for DFO. Bruce Wayne aka Fidel Castro aka Ohh Pee claimed to have had 150-200 FPS in a siege where I was around 60. I had an i5 2500k, he had the same gen i3, and it was overclocked, but I forgot to what.

I think we had the same GPU, which is why it stuck out to me that a stronger, fewer cores are the key to darkfall FPS.

which is why I linked a build for an i3 6320 for the "optimal dfo pc"

10. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

As for overclocking, it's a double edged sword. At stock clock on my 2500k, I'd get load lag like everyone else.

Once I clocked it to 4.4 or higher, I would only get load lag about a 5th as often. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the culprit was my first core being pinned at 100% caused load lag. So when I was in a larger group, I'd get load lag, but when I was alone, and my first core was sitting at 89-95%, it was smooth sailing, and getting jumped unexpectedly. A lot.

11. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

Makes no sense that an i3 dual core would outperform a 2500k oced tbh. Sound more like a matter of comoability issues or settings or something simmilar.

Whoever claims they had 200 fps in any siege with more than 200 people in it would straight up lie. Even 100 people.

12. BlackSun

BlackSun Deadeye

Intel Core i5-3570K, 4x 3.40GHz OC to 4.20GHz
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866
    MSI GTX 980ti 6GB

should run it well

Eagleglow likes this.
  13. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

OK, so, Darkfall ran on a single core. Core 0 was usually pinned at 100% while darkfall was running. An i3 dual core, especially current generation ones, out-perform Sandy Bridge i5's and i7's. You see where I'm going with this?

Even a sandy bridge i3 out-performs its i5 and i7 counterparts in per-core performance. Which means that the single core that DFO was utilizing, was stronger. You had fewer cores, and shittier overall performance on ANYTHING but darkfall, but for darkfall, and the single core that it used, the i3 was and is king.

14. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

I have a 2600k but i have no fucking clue how to OC. I was able to get smooth play in sieges though, 50-80. Outside of sieges around 180-200+ Id like to OC it when RoA starts.

I dont really play modern PC games so im not about to upgrade.

15. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Yeah, no one needs to upgrade for DFO lol

we're just theorizing what would run it best in 2016 I think

16. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I like your sig.

17. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

DFO did have some sort of multithreading, i remember when i was playing with 3 accounts on the same computer (crafting/gathering and farming) that if you forced one darkfall client to one core you would lose about 30 fps, i had core one at 95-100% and core 2 at 15-20% "intel i7 2600k".
    But yeah if you ran DFO on lowest i could run 4 clients ( one client for every cpu, quadcore) the my graphicscard still was not maxed out.