Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Darkfall Review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zuul Ghat, May 29, 2020.

1. Zuul Ghat

Zuul Ghat Deadeye
    Legend

I know these guys did a horrible job reviewing and were biased in their judgement from the beginning but if you watch this video and read the comments it shows how far you guys have to come to creating a good New Player Experience and I think this should be #1 on your list of things to.

Catering to your current crowd will always keep you at your current population or worse.

I didn't realize how bad it really is until I watched these guys try and play the game. I have taken everything for granted and just know how to play. I don't even remember having this much problem when I was new to the game myself but those times have changed and people expect a little more hand holding today.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Porch, Methodico, Rimamok and 2 others like this.
  2. AFKTODAY

AFKTODAY Goblin Warrior

I think it would not be the worst idea to add more newbie mobs around starter areas so that it becomes easier to find mobs so even if you're like these people and don't check the tutorial you can easily find something.

3. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

There are several things that are simple that can bring the game to the modern day
    Ingame shareable keybindings/gui settings --- reloadable ingame without restart
    Autoloot - pve
    Gear template / shareable templates
    Enchanting Gui into .. Gem crafting only with the same UI as all the other craft skills.
    Condensing of melee skills sword/axe/blunt/dagger/polearm power attack into just simply powerattack skill. as example

Fengor and KingLlama like this.
  4. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

5. Kanak

Kanak Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Those guys are absolute morons and just looking for a laugh. Yes the NPE is horrible currently, but just a little time looking around the interface and the map (that the guy obviously new how to access since he pulled it up) would have done wonders. Plus, he just exits the tutorial pages right away, so even the most basic controls were lost to him. So dumb. It's honestly embarrassing how bad that review was.

Sameog and Zuul Ghat like this.
  6. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Wait, he just deleted the tutorial 0.o, tutorial explains a lot for as for basic controls......why he exit?

Kanak likes this.
  7. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Legend

Comedic effect? The NPE may need work, but you can't patch stupid out of people.

Bakken and Blaze like this.
  8. Little Lamp

Little Lamp Skeleton Archer

Nice vid zulghat!

9. EleTaylorScoob

EleTaylorScoob Gravelord
    Supporter

This game shouldnt be marketed as an MMO at this point. It is closer to Rust than it is to say final fantasy 14 or black desert.

Its misdirected branding means people like these two who like mmos will try it and hate it while people who like full loot survival games wont even know it exists because they wont get served mmo tagged games.

But again, this discussion has been done to death for a decade so meh. Just log in and kill kids while you still can.

Sameog and Fengor like this.
  10. KeithStone

KeithStone Deadeye
    Supporter

Nobody reads anymore, that's why they close the menus out so fast. Every mmo gives visual markers of where to go after you start a quest. This is pretty spot on for how I felt when I first started this game.

This was the first MMO I had ever played, so I didn't know anything about how MMO's were meant to be played.

Most other MMO's put you into a short starter quest similar to how Unholy Wars did at launch, but with more content and a takes you through several quests that teaches the game.

I feel like there shouldn't be anything else added to the game until they come up with a better way to force players into learning the game before they head out into the main world.

11. Zuul Ghat

Zuul Ghat Deadeye
    Legend

Maybe this is the mistake of moving new characters to the capital.

With the original starter towns you knew where the goblins where and the counseler was right there to get you started on doing quests.

The quest line was a good introduction to the game.

Sameog likes this.
  12. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

"Beavis and Butthead play Darkfall" should have been the title of their video. No one is going to say that the NPE doesn't need a ton of work, but I can train a monkey to play better than these two.

Akamenos, Zuul Ghat and Sameog like this.
  13. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

That is still there, these guys just ignored the pop-up tutorial that actually guides people to that.

Fengor and tk5801 like this.
  14. EleTaylorScoob

EleTaylorScoob Gravelord
    Supporter

In a different video he says Eve is the most intense high skill ceiling pvp game hes ever played.

Cant fix stupid

Kol Taggar, Zuul Ghat and Fengor like this.
  15. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Having the starter zones as monk field was so much better. There is an npc right there to give starter quests and goblins literally a few feet away. Also removing safe zones, what got me hooked on DFO such a long time ago was on my first day I learned I could lose all my stuff I had farmed for. And that nowhere was safe. Made the world feel so big and scary completely hooked me. Sucks new players never get to experience that :(

Mea Kulpa and Zuul Ghat like this.
  16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Albion does not hold any hands and its population is doing better then fine, so there are other more pressing issues for this game outside of hand holding. People knowing it exists being one of them. Out of dozens upon dozens of people I have spoken too none of them have ever even heard of it.

17. Cool hwip

Cool hwip Deadeye
    Hero

Since day 1 anyone with half a brain has said fix the new player experience. Even if it takes 6 months, just devote all your effort to that. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Also maybe I am just delusional but I believe if ROA was a AAA company this game would be as popular as Albion.

#17 Cool hwip, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
    The Red King likes this.
  18. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Make the game more friendly for retards....haha...but yes isnt easy start this game for new players....only pvp mechanics work fine for me the other aspect of the fame are to much complicated...

Methodico likes this.
  19. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

They’ve made a good step forward with the in-game help.

BUT this progress is wasted if it’s not kept up to date with each new change. A change should not be made Live without a commensurate update to Help.

For example, SOME of the recent alignment changes are in the Help, but info about Capital extents are not, and this is KEY info for any new player who doesn’t have a clan supporting them.

20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Albion is not a AAA company, is a small indie company out of Germany, but ya It would probably be a lot better off in the hands of a AAA company then it is currently