Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Darkfalls biggest Achilles heel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jakobmillah, May 1, 2017.

1. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Blows my mind how many people intentionally go out of their way to bash darkfall and spend hours doing it. The salt has never left them. Someone took a poopy in their soul and they never forgot how it made them feel.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Incanuth Archbane and Fengor like this.
  2. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I dunno what is considered good I guess, I really enjoy the Graphics of this game and think they look pretty good, I cannot stand the cartoony look that is in so many games and the Game like Call of duty are not mmo's and the only other game I can think of with good graphics would be ESO and that company has 50 x the budget but isn't even close to game play

Mimitis TheOne and Grimtide like this.
  3. jakobmillah

jakobmillah Earth Elemental

I very much agree with you. The atmosphere in the game is top notch. There is no other MMO like it.
    But the textures needs an update. Character models. Lighting and Shadows. Darkfall Unholy Wars looked good enough to be honest. That game on highest settings was gorgeous. But yeah.. The performance also got a hit out of it.

Mimitis TheOne likes this.
  4. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

You people are gullible if you think graphic is an issue. We have people playing mine craft. Don't think I need to say more.

5. Mork Deeork

Mork Deeork Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Gameplay will make this game successful...not the graphics. If everyone is having fun and people are bringing in their friends.. it will grow organically. BPG is going to keep pushing out enough updates that people will start to turn their heads. Unfortunately they have to weather the complaints of AV's failures for a while...until people forget and focus on the new.

Remember the Mortal Online launch? omg.. if you listened to the "gamers" it never had a chance. Well it's still going and they are still employing developers and paying the bills. Pop is an issue.. but it's been around longer than most MMO's. Have faith and prepare for a fun launch.

6. jakobmillah

I'm pretty sure the average age of those playing Minecraft these days is WAY below the average we want in Darkfall :) With that said, the game still needs to be on par with other MMORPGs, else it's not going to be attractive. There are about an average of 10k people online in the MMO Tibia every day, but that number is not increasing and haven't for years. Instead steadily decline. Why? Graphics, among other things, matters. Minecraft proves otherwise, but to be honest, Minecraft is one of really few.

7. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

GW2, ESO great graphic both on decline. Can't be the graphics at this point.

Ithuriel likes this.
  8. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

It seems as though some people come for the graphics and stay for the gameplay.

9. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

it still proves gameplay > graphics

10. jakobmillah

Yes, but in order for people to actually try a game, the game needs to be attractive.

I hope we will have some people in the community stubborn enough to show-case the game on Twitch and keep doing it for quite some time. Else people are not going to look Darkfalls way. Some will, but definitely not the mass.

11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

ESO is not on a decline, in fact it has been gaining huge strides and has something like 7 or 8 mil actives now like 5mil of them are subs

12. jakobmillah

^ This.

13. Sorek

Sorek Goblin Shaman

People play CSGO and league still and those game look like they came flying out of a dogs ass.

Yet Darkfall's graphics are bad enough that people are unwilling to even try the game???

I've given up on trying to understand the people on this planet...

Kantor and Korag like this.
  14. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

Most of the best games I have ever played in my life weren't even in 3D. Gamers nowadays are whiny ass wipes.

Candy, Ithuriel, Towel and 3 others like this.
  15. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

This ^
    part of the entitled thinking of America the "dumbing down" but like someone else said large pop and good company keeping the game going good etc word of mouth alone would be enough to grow the population and likely be more healthy anyway, less negative publicity that way anyhow

16. HeHateU

HeHateU Goblin Warlord
    Legend

I hope the nodes are back to DF1 style this hit it and quit it just is not going to do good for an alt account at all.
    in beta I learned I didn't need an alt account it will hurt them down the stretch.

17. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

@axilmar Is a graphic overhaul possible? If so how can we get this done? If anyone knows it's you.

18. Adûn

Adûn Undead Dwarf

I said it in Jonah's thread and I will reiterate here, more simply: I absolutely agree Darkfall badly needs a modern graphic facelift, primarily being for the benefit of the "mass audience" - when the time is right, and when the game is actually able to retain that "audience" with great gameplay and a meaningful sandbox. There is no point in encrusting a turd in diamonds, which is exactly what they did with UW, and it accomplished nothing.

"But UW was fucking trash and DFO is fucking great!" Yes, UW was trash. No, DFO, in its current state, is not great by any stretch of the imagination. Darkfall, ANY Darkfall, are still shells of a game. I know much has already been done. I know many of you are very hyped for launch, and I do not begrudge you that. It's going to be hella fun, make no mistake - but for how long? Once the initial landrush and PVP hard bangs runs their course, what's left will be the reality of this franchise: that Darkfall, ANY Darkfall, are all incredibly unfinished, in every single conceivable way that matters. The work that was already done? Merely brought Darkfall out of the negative.

Keep our heads down. Work on the game. Fix the hundreds of fundamental glaring issues. Enjoy it for what it is. Let word of mouth do its thing. Let Youtube do its thing. Let people learn how great of a turnaround has been done with this franchise of their own volition, not cramming it down their throats. THEN fix the graphics, and cram it way the fuck down their throats. Why then? Because it would finally be ready. Doing it now would do nothing but put the final nail in the sordid coffin this game already lies in.

Towel and Lakisuria_Moonglade like this.
  19. Goretusk

Goretusk Goblin Shaman
    Hero

easy fix.... DYE TUBS .... if i have only three pixels, but their colors are mine to choose, i'm more vested.

20. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend