Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Defiance Member Mad Jick Banned for TOS after Duped/Exploited gold used on Market

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OlafBarlah, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Game has low population because of many reasons.
    Has a bad track record and nobody wants to play an old game.
    Very complicated controls to get into and have any sort of chance.
    Very punishing for not being a top tier player.
    No good things for noobs to really do for fun.
    Dated graphics don't help first appearances.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Nat, Methodico and Sique like this.
  2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

K this is just silly.

If you're using 2 portal shards per port instead of 1, that's literally double the amount of farming you need to do to maintain your porting ability, which takes it toll over time.

Second, you're assuming all cities are empty all the time, where as if you're porting to a good farming location, chances are it's going to be packed. Something you would know if you ever tried to port to CBay or Bloodscar when NME owned them at the end of DFO for example.

The limitations for TCS say you can't port to locations that are owned by a clans territory. What does that mean exactly? It means the samething as the initial problem, you can't port to an area unless you own it. Literally working in circles for no reason. Infact, by my calculations, the previous iteration of fast travel was easier for solo players/small clans, because your rune mark locations weren't limited by who owns the territory.
    --- Post updated ---
    Has a bad track record and nobody wants to play an old game. - Practically unsolvable
    Very complicated controls to get into and have any sort of chance. - Solved by lowering the amount of necessary binds
    Very punishing for not being a top tier player. - Solved by adding a high sec safe zone area and ways for noobies to learn the game (duels, arena etc)
    No good things for noobs to really do for fun. - Starting to be solved by adding a high sec safe zone area, following up with more quests/tasks/mini-things to do to progress your character (progress your character might need to be increased for any of it to have any meaning)
    Dated graphics don't help first appearances. - Practically unsolvable

#222 Sero, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Cudelr and Dixie Normus like this.
  3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

from my perspective, I'm seriously starting to think that the game is going on the right direction. From a saint, i just became red yesterday after a kill+gank that wasn't from me, but assisted. so now, i'm forced to live in a player city. I got jumped twice this morning and it felt exciting.

My dream is to see cairn becoming as populated as it once was in beta so that we can raid each others. Yeah, it's just 4 holdings, but everyone else can use runes or they can just click on the ally button. The ''fair fights'' era has to stop now!!

I've been farming on cairn on daily basis: 1 hour per day and i got jumped 2 days ago. I won that fight.

We had a siege today against GG and even tho we lost bad, it was super fun.

So if we can make stuff happen, overtime, the pop will grow back-up slowly, but surely. It's all about the momentum. If we can focus on one area, we can easily make the game look populated and that will bring some more notoriety.

#223 Scrapnotcrap, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  4. Down Syndrome

Down Syndrome Fire Elemental
    Legend

You didn't have to launch, you didn't have to put the game in "beta" so early wasting money on server costs. What's worse is you completely botched the NPE. The legitimate new players you got at launch surely had an abysmal retention rate. You guys took a bad game with a lot of potential and it's really not any better? Hotbars was a good thing. Did anything else you guys changed really work out so well? Are you in charge now? Can I be your new Chris Roberts? Or really you guys should probably just let Squanto be in charge of the game's direction.

5. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Without any real funding we actually did have to launch.

We probably didn't need to do it, but it did help us identify key areas to work on and utilize testers to help find bugs. Imagine if we hadn't! (I wasn't on the team at that time, so I can't really comment on the why's for beta/alpha)

Could be better, could have been worse. We had to decide where to split the development time, unfortunately.

There are few things that didn't work out so well and we've began addressing those. Most changes were overall for the better.

I took over for Dest when he left.

If you can crowd fund like that we'll make DF the best game on planet Earth.

Lol.

Marxman likes this.
  6. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

hah yes portal chambers and rune books took a chunk out of the already
    I love it when people say their is no skill in melee. So you think if you had 10 people all with about = experience with the game in the exact same gear with exact stats etc. (identical everything) including ping and fps that those 10 guys in duels would not produce a clear champion or a close competition between a couple of players while the rest lost over n over every time to the same people? your so wrong and ya know what that means? their skill allowed them to out melee their opponent since that is the final determining factor.
    You really think cities lost value with rune books? cause they were not vacant in df1 and UW? I mean seriously? what is it with people and putting blame on something that is less than a year old as a reason cities died off and stopped bing popular. People didn't decide to go blue and swap dicks in NPC cities until bill boards happened so people went blue to use those for villages. Don't need to be blue with a rune book. Not sure how some people are considered fully functionable in the real world when they are unable to remember what happens in a game over a short span of time.
    --- Post updated ---
    well his name is rather fitting you must admit, don't expect a lot of a guy with the name Down syndrome

7. Down Syndrome

Legend

I don't think it could have been worse. You had brand new players thrown to the wolves with no safety net whatsoever. Knowing how the average Darkfall player is that absolutely should have been addressed. A bad player from the original game would slaughter the poor noobs, which is exactly what happened, when a couple people's enjoyment is literally tanking the bottom line it needed to be addressed. What's worse is people were warning you that this would happen, but for whatever reason, "fuck those bitches this is Darkfall" was the adopted mantra.

I know you said you can't comment but still...
    Did it really tho? Most of the bugs were already known. Flaws with the original game were widely known. 1st mistake was the thunderdome video, 2nd mistake was listening to people crying on the forum afterwards. If you didn't have the funding to do an extended beta it should have been held off on. Correct me if I'm wrong but when the server originally came up there were no changes to the game whatsoever?

Honestly the best "Darkfall" is still a bad game commercially without making some fundamental changes to player interactions, and the tears and ragequits would probably bankrupt your company before the game could rebound. You're dealing with a tainted IP, 4 times the game has essentially failed now. I don't think all the money in the world can save this, mainly because of the name. Do you have the liberty to change it with the licensing agreement? At this point if I were you guys, I would just jack the netcode, rewrite the java components and sell it off for some actual funding to get shit done, or use it to start a new game from scratch.

The last bit of my post was meant in jest, if you really lol'd, mission accomplished.

What should we expect from you sir? An unoriginal insult and no attempt whatsoever to join in on jolly discussion?

8. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Can't comment because like you I wasn't on the team. I don't know what they knew, I didn't see what they saw and didn't ever ask about it. I think you spend too much time dwelling on the past though, that's for certain.

9. Down Syndrome

Legend

Really? That's the response? The game was built on a rushed shitty foundation and it's crumbling. Good luck, I'm done with this game and this game and this forum, please feel free to delete my accounts. Thanks for taking part in ruining one of 2 last shots to get the game into a good state, have a nice life.

WithoutShame likes this.
  10. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

a grain of salt just flew out of the screen and hit me in the eye. ouch!

Marxman likes this.
  11. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

Dude wasn't here when the thing you are talking about happened, and can't answer your question. Because of that answer you are going to rage quit the game?

Please stop posting on the forums if a completely reasonable answer like that makes you lose your shit.

12. Mo Fugga

Mo Fugga Dire Zombie
    Patron Legend

13. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

really? this is what you call a contribution?

You didn't have to launch, you didn't have to put the game in "beta" so early wasting money on server costs. What's worse is you completely botched the NPE. The legitimate new players you got at launch surely had an abysmal retention rate. You guys took a bad game with a lot of potential and it's really not any better? Hotbars was a good thing. Did anything else you guys changed really work out so well? Are you in charge now? Can I be your new Chris Roberts? Or really you guys should probably just let Squanto be in charge of the game's direction.

#224 Down Syndrome, Yesterday at 4:09 AM

uhm ok I guess in some weird unintelligible world this could be considered intelligent but in this world, the real one it is in fact the exact opposite.

14. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

Ignore Down Syndrome its one of those people that got mad because the current and launch of RoA didnt meet his expectations and because of it he wishes the death of Darkfall. Even for the people who still enjoy the game.

BumpyKnuckles and Marxman like this.
  15. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

Jeeze if tcs or whatever is gonna restrict porting, just don't do it! Better off focusing on house fluff and relics

16. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

People screaming for content are just unrealistic here. Content that can't just be some numbers tweaked somehow is not viable for the skeleton crew that Darkfall is being run on for an MMORPG. The game needs hard numbers tweaked for the new player experience and their troubles. That means that things like FULL LOOT might have to be changed to partial loot or even no loot for really new players but not in a way that can be exploited. That means less than full loot for all of main land for blue and/or new players aside from maybe dungeons, center map, and the subcontinents.

Make the amount of loot/gear lost based on how new or good your alignment is and then slightly increase the value and longevity that high end items can last. I think that's a huge step towards making the game take on new blood and old blood that can't be bothered and that's literally just changing numbers and adding a small logical system that determines loot dropped based on alignment.

Nat and onslaught like this.
  17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Please no.

Only in a high sec safe zone. If i go to a gargantua spawn and see someone farming it, and they risk nothing, Ima be severly irked.

Cudelr and BumpyKnuckles like this.
  18. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Read the rest of my post, noob.

Sero likes this.
  19. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

NO YOU

Cudelr likes this.
  20. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Pretty much yes. We fought it for a long time but it's not realistic so it's time to add partial loot loss on death for blues in blue areas. Move some mobs around to accommodate. Blues keep their paperdoll items and lose their inventory. It needs to happen before F2P.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.