Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Defiance Member Mad Jick Banned for TOS after Duped/Exploited gold used on Market

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OlafBarlah, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

Yeah that's exactly what I was saying last night, when you are such a try hard all you ever care about is winning it makes it way more likely you are going to cheat in some way.
    --- Post updated ---
    These guys are worse than squanto, at least squanto would always try to help the underdog even if he was a lone absolute menace

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Mea Kulpa and Slayven like this.
  2. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

I always thought it was weird that marry Jane had thousands of the top end food and she would give to everyone. Finding out her boyfriend was dupping is not that much of a surprise. Feels like they had all there fun and like any great crime the offenders would go out with guns a blazing. The only shame is that the server is still up, I would of liked to see the full thing get blown up much like the government set up of 11 Inosent Indians on September 11th

3. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

Personally...

I would play the game if it completely wiped every 3 months. What a great opportunity for streamers.

Non stop action. Constant relelving to show people efficiency.

Dupes and bugs and exploits would be spotted quicker due to thsi as well.

Would love for BPG to do a poll and see how many players would be open to this.

turk0lu and TheWeeknd like this.
  4. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

No

Fengor likes this.
  5. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

To be fair when the game has only 20 actives its pretty easy to accumulate vast quantities of anything legit. There is near zero risk of PK at even high end spawns and dungeons. You can afk fish or dig nearly anywhere and not get killed as well. This games economy has always required population to work right. It always falls apart at this stage of the game.

6. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I feel like most people play an mmo because they do not have to contend with a wipe, survival games yes basically they are wiped or least your entire base can be wiped leaving you to start over but if people in an mmo wanted to play an mmo doing that then I think they would rather play something else? least for me I know that to be the case.
    I do not wanna start over every 3 months I would be ok for a relaunch if people actually came back to play but I have some doubts people would return and if the screen shot (defiance talking about the 280ish billion gold dupe) I recently seen is true the economy of ROA is fucked beyond repair unless they actually did put in that system they claimed to have added allowing them to see and or remove any abnormalities, it would seem that never really happened or was scrapped however since this dupe did take place and they seem ill prepared to handle it.
    I fear df is all but a memory at this point even though I really do wish it had gone much much better.
    Maybe df is better off a good memory?

7. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

Did I really lose two days of hard earned gameplay / farming?! Because of one person?? *drops microphone. Peace.

Scrapnotcrap and planb1976 like this.
  8. Triple OG

Triple OG Goblin Scout
    Wealthy

I agree with this stance, at least with a wipe and relaunch. But I want to argue something be done in the way of making things more rare and while DFO loot tables is a nice idea I believe they should implement recipes to the game.

I made a thread about it but i'll give a rundown of what It is. Each player can learn up to the basics normally like we do now such as plate, R40, moderate potions, Q2 enchanting...etc. In comes recipes, they are rare, and they drop from specific monsters , very similar to enchanting items in game currently. However, they extend to various other game features such as rare rewards from quests, champions, chest rewards, map rewards, trade routes, sea towers, villages or even low end stuff on vendors for a high gold cost with limited supply. The team can adjust the %, they can decide what rewards come from what based on value. It would honestly give a lot in the way of holding value IMO.

But the real reason I want the above is so that there is some actual rare shit in this game. Every day farming is so boring when the highlight of the day is a chest key or a map drop. You don't feel anything when it drops, but when a Q4 keen drops from the fire dragon? You can bet your ass I'd will be screaming my head off with my clan mates. Especially if im the first to loot it because its such a low drop %. Not to mention all the business or political influence someone can have if they are the first or very few with a high end recipe(s).

Anyways, I think this discussion is the perfect time to bring something like this up because it would not work with the current stacked banks and if someone wants to read the thread it can be found here https://forums.riseofagon.com/threads/something-is-missing-from-this-game-rarity-and-identity.17407/

#88 Triple OG, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

no they arent.

Runebooks are a perfect example of wasted dev time, and attribute to the reason population is currently so dead.

Runebooks were created to replace an already good system of portal chambers, because apparently portal chambers were the worst thing and were terrible for the game right? The removal of portal chambers devalued holdings in what we can only imagine was a crusade to make them worthless. They allowed players to bind out of any shit bank, and port anywhere on the map. Bind location didn't matter, territorial skirmishes ceased, and we lost a good chunk of PVP content, and for what?

Let's break down what runebooks are:

They are permanent, reuseable runes. We gutted the basis of sieging, and conflict in the game for reusable runes? Seriously? For what? So solo players can do whatever they want? Fuck solo players. I say that as someone who was mostly lone wolf for the games existence. the game is an MMORPG. The population was kept entertained by a constant struggle to siege for the best things so people could have access to portal networks and spawns. There's just so many things wrong with runebooks it hurts.

In the end most vets called what would happen with their implementation and we were right... again.

#89 Sero, Jul 27, 2018
  10. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I basically quit until they added runebooks. Can't be bothered to run 20-30 minutes everywhere I wanna go. I woulda played New Dawn if I wanted to do that.

11. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Oh I know you did. You wanna know why you had to run 20-30 minutes everywhere? Because they removed portal chambers. You wanna know how many people aren't playing because runebooks? Take a look at everyone waiting for a reason to actually siege and have clan activity again.

Getting around the map was cancerous at the start of the game, and probably part of the reason people got frustrated and left at the shitshow of a launch.

You know how annoying it was to hear half my alliance getting shitcanned on yssam, a couple noobs getting zerged in orklands and you're center map with no way to get inbetween your holdings to help except for a terrible wilderness portal system?

Cudelr, Mea Kulpa and Ikaika Koa like this.
  12. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

This game fun yet?

13. GrimReapiN

Contributor

It can remain an MMORPG. Permanence doesn't make an MMORPG. In fact, what's the status quo, generally? Play the game, get to the end, wait for the expansion, repeat.

In Darkfall, permanence is it's downfall with some form of hardcap. The solution in this iteration was quicker grind. Now the end game is to fighr over things that have some importance. Which is nothing atm. Holdings, villages, etc. No reason to.

But, when leveling, everything has meaning. In the original DF what kept folks around was leveling. Once they finished, they only logged in to PvP... That's a fact, no way around it. Gotta have reasons.

I believe wipes would refresh the game, give reasons to PvP. Maybe have some unique rewards for the players in aclan that conquered the most cities, like a unique 1 time skin or something along those lines. Juat ideas, but bottom line what needs to happen are reasons to PvP. 3 month wipes are the easiest.

Slayven, l0st exile and propain like this.
  14. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Always wanted this game to have 3-6 month periods. I thought the clan members with the most territory could get something unique like you said such as titles, a remembrance in game that tells them they won Darkfall from May until October 2018 - like a statue. Or maybe a silly hat. I'd come back for 4 months of Darkfall every time. Month 4+ might get boring but still the best parts in my book are the land grabs, the low level fights, the condensed fighting, and the people actually doing everything and not just opposed to end game stuff.

Can't speak for anyone other than me though as I don't have much to lose as others have been farming constantly In game i'd assume.

#94 propain, Jul 27, 2018
    l0st exile and Nirazu like this.
  15. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

BPG proposed seasons - that could be what you are looking for.

16. GrimReapiN

Contributor

Absolutely, did they do a poll?

17. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

GrimReapiN likes this.
  18. Flux D

Flux D Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Legend

There are still thousands of people that play UO and it has runebooks and instant recall and instant rune marking... Runebooks aren't the problem. Removing holding portals and replacing with wilderness ports was definitely not wise. But, it is a helluva lot easier to coordinate travel and pvp with a group when the team has runebooks. They're one of those things that create QoL for noobs too.

I see a lot of complaining mostly based around lack of population and lack of high end content. For people who havn't played the game for 10 years, there is still plenty of high end content. What we need to focus on is bringing new players into the game. I don't see anyway this can be done without upgrading the graphics. Lots of my friends love the idea of this game, but can't stand the outdated graphics.

Lets compare RoA to DFO. It's made such great strides in improvements that make for a far better and enjoyable game. It's still rather difficult to play though, so new players get totally rekt by even noob vets, and that challenge of becoming good is something that also makes the game fun.

We can sit here and talk about relics, recipes, TCS, etc etc. But, what interest of that is it to a new player if they look at the game and are turned off because it still looks like graphics from 2008? BPG Should petition some schools for internships with some students so they can get some graphics overhaul done. There are SOOO many game graphics design fledglings that are hard pressed for experience...

Seasons and whatnot will not provide new players. Need new graphics and that will solve all issues with new players joining.

19. GrimReapiN

Contributor

My friends arent playing because of the graphics.

It's stupid, but... I can't be mad. You like what you like.
    If the gfx make your eyes bleed, then i cant convince you.

Methodico and Marxman like this.
  20. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

UO isn't DF.

What conquest systems are in UO? What clan activites are there in UO?

Terrible comparison. This is the same type of poor logic DND applied to their idea of local markets from EVE.

You aren't taking the game's systems into account and are tunnel visioning on a confirmation bias.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.