Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Deployable Player Vendors - Initial Discussion

Discussion in 'Design Discussions' started by MWTaylor, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calcal112

calcal112 Goblin Scout

Great idea. Perhaps get some inspiration from EVE's market system.

-Buy/sell orders. It not only helps create a dynamic economy, it also favors emergent gameplay, player's fulfilling the buy/sell orders for profit.

-Player vendors could also have a contract system where the vendor "hires" a player to get them X item in exchange for gold or items. Also courier contracts to take items from one vendor to another could be possible.

-You could also use an item search function limited to the player's current region.

Really looking forward to it.

#41 calcal112, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    gosti, Nat and Fengor like this.
  2. RabbleRabble

RabbleRabble Deadeye
    Legend

Have that black info box filled with player vendor info when you target the item.

Nat likes this.
  3. Sapphire Cloud

Sapphire Cloud New Member

My fear is that Sanguine is going to be all that matters. All the best spots will be taken quickly and other racial lands will be barren or get very low traffic. Much of the trade is done in Sanguine and in player cities. Having vendors out in the world will be awkward, are we supposed to carry our goods all that way? It seems like the only feasible spots will be near banks.

4. paxprobellum

paxprobellum Goblin Shaman

1. Aren't these going to make houses a lot less valuable? Who is going to go to a house vendor (PvP hotspot) to trade when they can send an alt to a tower protected deployable vendor (Sanguine)?

2. Please make them deployable for X hours/days, rather than permanent with taxes. Churn is good, especially if the good spots are hard to come by.

3. I don't like the idea of all the meaningful trade in the game being in one blue NPC city. Not sure how to solve - one idea is a % tax based on the number of vendors in the tile. Tax kicks in when the number of vendors exceeds X, so you can be the first X-1 to place in Ymir's, e.g., without a tax.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

It all comes down to convenience people are inherently lazy you're not going to change that aspect of the game in order to change this you need to dive in from that perspective and then fix it knowing that I do not believe that this direction will fix that or even take that into account

onslaught likes this.
  6. saouled

saouled Goblin Shaman

Having an only place where everyone is selling is a good idea imo. On most mmorpgs it was a good idea, I'm mostly thinking everquest 1 here. Most people used to go to the tunnel (can't remember the name as of now shiieeeet) and sell/buy whatever.Iit's fine because you had more chance to get what you were looking for or sell what you wanted to sell.

RootedOak likes this.
  7. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

EC - Eastern Common Lands

3 bags, second torch

saouled, paxprobellum and calcal112 like this.
  8. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

On promoting wares, think that every time you enter a tile with vendors you should get a custom 1 line highlighted message in trade and public for every vendor, that can be edited any time by the vendor owner.

Whatever the upkeep costs are going to be I think they should be much less (maybe even non existant) for vendors owned by clan members or allies on clan holding tiles.

EDIT

This was not asked, but I also feel that there should be multiple vendor deed types, so that the initial cost of putting up a vendor in sanguine isn't the same as putting up a vendor in your clan hamlet.

Something more or less like:

Tier 1 Vendor: 2kkish total cost, placeable anywhere, maybe other perks

Tier 2 Vendor: 200kish total cost, placeable anywhere but in capitals

Tier 3 Vendor: 20kish total cost, only placeable on owned or allied holdings, maybe some limitations

#48 negocromn, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  9. skreww L00se

skreww L00se Undead Dwarf
    Legend

There must be an option to have items purchased go into your bank. Otherwise people will trade safely in Sang instead.

10. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Just make them affordible:. Some way to list goods..other wise the alt on top of sang..is ur ultimate vendor in reality..
    Safe trades only..
    Alts on sang bank pretty much all the vendor u need.

Upkeep should be needed for slow decay.

#50 Slayven, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    RootedOak likes this.
  11. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

It's interesting you would go this route. I would have guessed most players would want the NPC city vendor to be the most costly.

12. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Trading in sang is global, instant, and basically equivalent to an auction house.
    If using some vendors isn't marginally as fast and easy as that, there will be unrest after vendors release.

Fengor and Slayven like this.
  13. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Good to see some one else is thinking to

These vendors will have nothing more on an alt on sang bank..unless we can come up with something better..once again alts save the day.
    If they are not as easy as logging in alt scan trade for two minutes make purchase in 3 mins log alt out.. I don't see the point of a vender..taxing them why..I got alt I don't want my vendor tax..
    Trading on an alt is supirior in all ways but one u can't do it afk. This is the bennifit that I see from venders and if it's a big money cost or time sink they won't be used over an alt on top of sang bank.

14. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Well probably the biggest problem with the upcoming vendors is that there is no real reason to sell your shit. Everyone needs the same things.

There are no end game gold costs, you're just a sucker or a chiner if you're selling enchanting mats or rare ores.

So unless the chiners are going to run some sick vendors I don't see much changing other than maybe less use of trade chat. And that's coming from me really wanting deployable player vendors to succeed.

Slayven likes this.
  15. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

It's not even close. ea. I'm alfar, I don't have an alt (like the vast majority of players), I'm not online for longer than 30 minutes a day during the week.

On top of all that I don't have to worry if the guy is swapping out gold amounts or has a group ready to trade gank.

16. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

How is a red going to place his player vendor in an NPC city? How is he going to add / pull things off the vendor?

Why aren't you "keen" on anything global?

How is a vendor better than using a clan mates alt to trade for me in Sanguine? (no taxes, fast, global).

17. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Every game that I play that has vendors or AH, I love to game the market. So for me it's exciting, but in df I don't really have capital because it's best for my characters bank to trade all liquid gold to enchanting mats or rares.

I think the best application for the vendors will be for developing characters to sell things for cash or selling unwanted player loot.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, for my clan, we have one clan alt that many ppl have access to that handles all trades in sang. Then there's like 5 more of us with our own alts. So I've not even made one myself for that reasn.

Slayven likes this.
  18. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

It would be cool if there was a way to see the average price an item is going for on the market and so you could set the price accordingly on your vendor and possibly undercut for quick sales or whatever. Similar to the steam community market.

RootedOak likes this.
  19. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

It doesn't matter what your clan does, it's not the norm. Even if every player in the game had an alt they can't sell stuff when they're offline.

Green Chili likes this.
  20. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Sang alt is pretty much instant trade..

Auction house if u will..

Being able to trade gold and change numbers is strait cheese and should be fixed..

I want them to succeed kil but I truly don't see a point..

Bear said it well most people are all looking for the same things..when u get them u rarely sell them..try to buy q3 cinder on a regular basis see what happens. We are all looking for the same shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.