Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Deployable Player Vendors - Initial Discussion

Discussion in 'Design Discussions' started by MWTaylor, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

Yea, the only reason selling in Sang seems to be the current only option is because it pratically is. It's easy, safe, convenient, but only if you are human or you already parked your alt in Sang.

I would rather my alt be in wolf lands gathering, and only travel for trade when necessary. Hopefully, the new vendors will simply create more options for those without alts, are not blue humans, don't want to waste their gathering time bank staring, or have their main based out of any area besides human lands.

2. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Your alt is 100% useless when you are not controlling it. You don't get the luxury of a 24/7 vendor with an alt. An alt is nothing like an auction house or vendor, it's the most silly notion I've read on this topic.

Any discussion on what people want to sell or will be willing to sell is a completely different topic entirely.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  3. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Yes, offline sales are nice. I do wonder though what the community will actually sell. Basically gold can be obtained, but any non gold item costs time. So the meta is this:

Never sell anything. Buy all needed resources.

So I don't know who these suckers are selling their enchant mats, but they're fucking themselves in the long run.

I don't really know the state of what vendors will be like after reletase, meta wis that is. However, I would predict that several useless types of things will become extremelt low priced. Such as greater/lesser/fire/necro essences, mob drop r50s, r40 weapons, used filler pieces etc.

I'll probably go back to camping selentine golems after the patch, but I will never ever sell selentine for example.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well sort of. When I get off work, that's primetime, everyone is selling/buying. If something pops up that I want, I'll have it within a few minutes.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

K

5. liphe101

liphe101 Goblin Scout

Will global trade chat go back to non-global after vendors are live? If not, how do you expect them to compete with the already formed market in sanguine? @kilrain

6. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

It's simple: you don't need to be online, you don't need to meet the buyer and you can just not give a fuck looking for people when you want to sell stuff, you can just focus on making profit. Besides, global trade will not go away and people will still be using it to some extent, which isn't a bad thing.

7. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

But that's what I'm saying, the capital city vendor deeds should be as expensive as house deeds, while the player city ones should be super cheap.

Also, expanding on aditional perks of these best vendors, maybe they could also automatically place 1 line custom messages in trade chat every 30 minutes or so, would be great in making them better and more convenient than alts in pretty much every way.

Owyn Magnus and RootedOak like this.
  8. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

I will throw this idea out there you could make it so that NPC spots mainly sanguine can only begotten through competitive gameplay so those spots will go to the highest sales and they keep them for a specific time and then once a week at recalculates and give that spot to the highest sales vendor ... not sure what that would take programming wise but I think you get the gist of the idea

9. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Nevermind, you got me with the double k.

negocromn likes this.
  10. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

* Limiting the placement of vendors makes sense so that everyone dosn't pile up a vendor in one area blocking it off.
    We don't need low limiting placement of vendors, what we need is Vendor Types

Type 1 vendor sells crafted items just like a normal vendor
    Type 2 vendor buys items from player
    Type 3 vendor sells crafting materials
    Type 4 vendor sells materials, crafted items, and buys items but is only available in player cities
    Type 5 vendor sells materials, crafted items, and buys items but is only available in player cities and only sells for Clan / Allies
    Type 6 vendor sells materials but is only available to Lawful Players
    Type 7 vendor sells crafted items but is only available to Lawful Players

* Each tile should only allow 20 vendors and each character should be limited to 2 vendors.
    * Capital cites should allow 80 vendors, but placement should not be possible on roads.

Players should have to "Pack" items that are sold on a vendor packing items would be a Maintenance skill on a Workbench; it would cost Stamina and 100 gold. Packed items have a maximum of 10 weight and can only be used in a bank to unpack and cannot be dropped.
    Packed items cannot be split up.

----------------------------------

Advertising - A new public tab called "Local Market" should be available to have the NPC vendors send custom message to players that approach.

----------------------------------

Tax Upkeep

The crafting of a Vendor should cost about 1,000gp 100 cloth, 25 wood, 10 nails, 2 planks
    A Vendor should last 1 week the upkeep to add an additional week should be 2500gp + 250gp for every other vendor in the area.
    When a vendor runs out of inventory or gold to buy items for Pawn Shops players will get a message and have 24 hours to restock. Restocking a vendor incurs a 50 gold fee.

I don't think vendors should have a higher upkeep in capital cities they should have a lower upkeep to encourage players to use vendors in central hubs the vendor limit is what will stop too many vendors getting placed, but if vendors are buying items then a bunch of people wont need to pain themselves with putting up a vendor just to sell a handful of junk enchantments.

11. paxprobellum

paxprobellum Goblin Shaman

Yeah, EC Tunnel! I was also thinking Jita. Either way, I agree that it is a thing that has happened. I just don't care for it.

12. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Make a way to do exchanges on these things

Enchanting mats for other enchanting mats at customizable ratios

13. purplehays1

purplehays1 Goblin Scout

Merely adding a vendor stand that allows people to sell their items in a city is not going to fix the current problem one bit. The reAL problem is that everyone has to get to sang to trade. Vendors will just allow the million crafters in sang to sell without spamming, not helping at all the actual problem of having to go to sang to make a trade. Vendors will do nothing to fix the problem of needing to get to sang because people won't put the vendors anywhere but sang (majority) because that is where everyone trades. If vendors are merely a method to automate trading they are a complete waste of the developers time and will be a huge disappointment to the player base. This games single biggest problem is the difficulty getting to sang to trade, whatever is implemented MUST fix this, needing an alt to trade is retarded.

#73 purplehays1, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    onslaught likes this.
  14. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Should be able to choose which capital your cap recall is bound to.

Slayven and Sapphire Cloud like this.
  15. Sapphire Cloud

Sapphire Cloud New Member

We need some way to make all racial lands attractive for trade, forcing everyone to use alts is not good.

16. purplehays1

purplehays1 Goblin Scout

that would solve the problem, so would a portal from each capital to one other capital

17. Fishsauce

Fishsauce Goblin Shaman

Player vendor is a nice idea but like some people already mentioned I still need to get myself to Sang to look at them. Most people have trade alts because they don't want to run to sang on their main all the time whenever they need to make a trade and having player vendor is not going to change any of that.

My suggestion is to make capital recall free and that you can change your capital anytime you want. Think about it, if everyone trades in Sang and if I am an orc, why would I ever need to recall to my orc capital...

Also player vendor should be cheap to make so everyone can have access to that content and not just the rich no lifers.

18. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Ultima Online didn't have auction houses or a UI element to let you search vendors.

Part of the fun is browsing.

Only thing we need is to rename our vendor with a description or keywords when you mouse over.

"Armor/weps/potions/regs"
    "Rare ores/tmaps/keys"
    "Herbs/potions/arrows/mounts"

Owyn Magnus likes this.
  19. Shivs

Shivs Crypt Guard

As a QOL life addition deployable vendors should cause prices to normalise, whether through BPG creating a DB which shows all the trades across the vendors or through a player created one.

Buy orders will help clans and players.

Allowing them in NPC cities will remove any increase in PVP that the original house vendors added, so that could be counted as a negative or positive depending on your point of view.

This will also limit there value to the game, as for convenience, Sanguine is going to remain the trade hub.

Allowing a choice of capital recall and halving the price or even free would make what is inevitable less painful for the other races.

Having an indestructible place able item will be easily exploitable if placement rules are not thought through very carefully.

BPG are adapting original code so the additions to there functionality is not going to be all singing, all dancing auction houses if we want to see them before Christmas.

#79 Shivs, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  20. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

You can still browse vendors if they implement a search function, it doesn't take that away from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.