Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Destro.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dashboardlife, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Dashboardlife

Dashboardlife Goblin Warrior
    Wealthy

Hello, I am a new player and would like to know exactly what my stats need at a min and what spells to get exactly and what they need to get to as a destro. Sorry for being a noob.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. EarthMother

EarthMother Earth Elemental
    Supporter

Fucking pleb. Lol jk.

Need your 2 handed weapon to 75 mastery ideally.

Archery mastery (sharpshooter) to 75 ideally.

Need witches brew in witchcraft. The higher the better.

All transfers (health to mana, Stam to hp, etc) to 75.

Begone to 75.

Heal other and sacrifice to 75.

And that's about it to be effective. Wear heavy armor and sticky people.

As far as stats...get strength to 75 for melee plus getting ignore pain for damage reduction. The rest...above 50 atleast but the higher the better. Str and dex are really the only super important ones.

#2 EarthMother, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  3. Dashboardlife

Wealthy

Thanks yeah I'm good at like archery, and sticky helps I have like 25 ping. I just really needed to know about what to buy and how high. I really appreciate it.

4. EarthMother

EarthMother Earth Elemental
    Supporter

Not a problem. It's a difficult playstyle but can be rewarding with the highest dps in game.

5. Crunchy

Crunchy Deadeye

Focus on getting down that archery aim. If you can continually land 5-6 arrows in succession it will put most people on the defense, && a lot of the time it will result in a not 'leet' player panicking, trying to super squirrel to throw off your aim, while you close the gap keep plucking and get them in melee. At this point you should be at a health advantage so stick to landing your melee hits, throw a few transfers once he has left melee range and back to plucking with arrows.

OBVIOUSLY This is situational, and depending on how the fight is going you adaptx whether to keep pressure or not.

The important thing I am trying to get across Is KEEPYOUR ARROWs flying I see so many destro go sword and board in range and waste so much time they could be throwing a couple arrows in between transfers etc..

You would be surprised how frustrated most folks get when they just can't seem to dodge your arrows lol...

I was always known as the bow master of my groupx and I would put money on it that I am the best archer Vs a mounted apponent, not juse while they're attacking but when they run especially. Most go for downing the mount but I would always yell at my group to stop hitting the mount so I could knock em off top lmao..

Sorry for the rambling at the end.. I have yet to play Roa since launch due to my mother's Cancer hospital bills forcing me to sell even the computer I was making. .. so talking about all this is very nostalgic! !

Good luck my friend. And remember... BOWS n Hoez

(PS THIS IS 75%A STUPID POST, BUT HAS SOME GOOD INFO HERE AND THERE. JUST TRYING TO HELP AND reminisce on the bad old days ...

-Crunchy, The King of the Bads that killed your dad's, out!

...Mef is a helluva drug

MikeJT, Kwatos, 12204 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dashboardlife

Wealthy

Thanks for the info I accept it all. Also sorry about your mom hope she gets better.

Kwatos and Slayven like this.
  7. Zorak

Zorak Dire Zombie
    Supporter

Every good destroyer should know how to use mounted combat. 1h sword mastery to ~50 is icing once your ready to learn it.

The Red King and Fengor like this.
  8. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

meditate/grind quickness to 100 asap.

get 1h mastery for mounted comat.

+ what other people said.

I think quickness is the most important stat to level to 100 though for a destro. 75+ str/dex is secondary.

9. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Going destro is a huge waste dont do it especially as a new player.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  10. Madmatt

Madmatt Deadeye
    Hero

Sacrifice is not available to you as a destro.

11. Mids

Mids New Member

Incorrect

Oresmacker, MikeJT, Slayven and 2 others like this.
  12. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

the whole spell chanting school is available to you as a destroy including sacrifice.

Fengor likes this.
  13. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Can you plz not post about things you know nothing about. Going destro early on is probably the best thing for a new player.

Wes Furtive and Korag like this.
  14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Need shrapnel also, but don't level it up just get it, confusion is a huge help for you so I recommend that as well. If your getting the jump on someone their are some debuffs I recommend that you use or look into they will help against a strong mage or another destroy.

Going destro starting out is an easy way to start building a bank it does over time become more expensive to stay competitive late game UNLESS you are good with a bow and can apply a lot of pressure with it while moving in for melee.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  15. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

ALL spells I would consider a destroyer wants. Some of these are not needed and i'll try to rank the most important spells first with the least desirable ones last.

Getting your transfers to at least 56 (heal self, mana to stamina etc). The higher you get these the better.

Witches brew is your only self heal besides transfers. It has a small aoe to it so try not to heal the enemy. Get this to at least 50 and 75+ whenever you can. The higher the better.

Begone to at minimum 50 but you want 75 ASAP. This is to escape/chase.

Sacrifice is just like heal other. It is your number 1 healing spell in pvp. I'd say at least get this to 50 if you plan on pvping in groups and 75 if you want maximum healing potency.

Heal other if you plan to play with people in a group setting you will need to heal. Get it to 50 and then 75 when you got time.

Shrapnel is basically begone #2. Don't level this as you don't want to deal more damage to yourself when using it. I have seen some people lvl theirs to 25 and stop there however.

Confusion. It is a pretty big grind to get but this spell (basically a flashbang) can save your life in a pinch. I wouldn't go all out to get it but when you find time definitely try and snag it. idk if leveling it from 1 to 75 did anything.

Unburden can be level 1 as the skill only gives you a few extra seconds of duration. This is nice to cast before transferring to lower encumbrance.

Insect swarm is a spell you occasionally cast. Its useful for killing people bunny hopping away or archery trading. Its damage is basically 0 in your gear though.

Launch is a useful way to get into cities. Its a utility spell so it def is not a priority but try to get it to 50 and 75 when you feel like you can spare the scrolls.

Telekenesis is almost the same as launch. Get it to 50 to hop over walls easy.

Lay on hands isn't a priority at all but it is a nice heal for PvE group activities as it is the strongest heal in the game when leveled to 75. Has a short range so don't use it in pvp almost ever.

Adept this is a situational spell for when you get hit by tongue rot. Tongue rot basically makes your spells have a shit chance at successfully casting. This is very important if you transfer. Adept basically nullifies it for X amounts of seconds. I'd recommend picking it up when you get the spell chanting school just incase you ever get hit by this. But there is another option, it is to smash the puny mages face in and don't cast. Go full mike and termangle dudes.

As for skills do what others have said. Sharpshooter to 75, Weapon mastery minimum to the 50s, and id recommend quickness > strength > dexterity > vitality > intelligence > wisdom. The higher the better but you can easily be viable with 60-70 of each stat and if your decent definitely less. Remember to do your character upgrades like ignore pain, health regen, stamina regen etc...

Also don't forget fine arrows. Invest in being a bowyer to make your own. You cannot use bad arrows in pvp. They do poop damage.

#15 propain, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    The Red King and Fengor like this.
  16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Just curious and it is an honest question. Is the 56 thing accurate? like confirmed accurate from BPG?

17. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I tested it back like 2 months ago and found that 56 to 75 was only like a point difference concerning transfers. Its definitely great to have at 75 but id say the 50s is definitely a good starting point for newer players that don't want to put all their scrolls into something at once. I don't know if bpg has other info or not though.

Fengor likes this.
  18. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

K thanks, I have heard it a bit but also have heard people say it is false and yet to see BPG confirm.

19. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

It was confirmed. There is a front loading chart somewhere. Message bloodscar and maybe he can link it to
    You.

20. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

LOL that is so false.

Destroyer is for experienced players and also locks you out of every elemental magic school so you can never buff yourself which is huge when your character has low stats.

Obvious your just trying to lure new players into wasting gold.