Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Destro.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dashboardlife, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

It is super expensive for a new player to level magic and a very daunting task to take when ya know nothing about the game, so what he says really isn't false at all, you however are giving out bad and incomplete info and nearly everyone here will agree with me.

Hook likes this.
  2. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

stop trying to troll new players please

3. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

I knew it !! people kept telling I was wrong I even test some spells at 56 vs 75 not much difference at all

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  4. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

It costs 3k just to go destroyer.... no reason to do it at all you literally gain nothing...

As a new player thats maybe 1 or 2 dmg on staff users... why are you guys so obsessed with destroyer...

You could still be melee and archery heavy and still have access to self buffs and rays... rays are level 20 in magic schools now.. it costs less then 10k to unlock them..

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  5. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Yes it is, it also is not effected by encumbrance. Very important destro spell.
    --- Post updated ---
    If you grind melee hard you can be hitting close to 90s in the back within a day or two.

TyteDaddyTite and Fengor like this.
  6. TryHard

Legend

????? So its good for a new player how.

7. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Just grind melee hard like the man said, 84... 85... 86... all of a sudden 90!

Fengor likes this.
  8. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

because you can easily build a bank while leveling melee witch is one of the most important skill's to have in game no matter what you decide to play later, it is cheap and teaches you how to use melee for the reason mentioned ^ ^. It give a person more of a chance in pvp then not having it does as if your able to hit them with a staff out you can do "56" damage per hit (not 44) as witch being a mage and new your going to get lit up with weaker spells vs stronger spells.

please stop trying to argue with so many people that are more knowledgeable about the game as well as being overall better players.

9. TryHard

Legend

You can do the exact same thing without going destroyer.... focusing on melee and archery... waste of gold for new players to go destroyer....

Everything you said can be done without going destroyer and in fact would be better and give you more options if you focused on melee and archery without going destroyer...

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  10. Scrappy_Doo

Scrappy_Doo Goblin Shaman

Tryhard you know nothing about being a Destro.....just admit it. :smirkcat:

Korag likes this.
  11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

cept you wont hit for no where nearly as hard. You have no stats, you have low melee skill so no you cannot do the same thing and not even close. you will hit for low teens in melee against a person wielding a staff, your chances will be low either way but as a destro you have a chance.

12. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

Buying spells and reagents to get viable magic is much more expensive than throwing 8k to get destro/magekiller/mana shield/jump shot and farming arrows as you kill mobs. Also you have to factor in time, and mage takes probably twice the amount of time to get to a viable stage.

However for a new player mage is quite a bit more forgiving and quick to learn in comparison.

TryHard likes this.
  13. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Smh

14. Adobewan

Adobewan New Member

Tryhard is right (sort of). A new player isn't realistically going to be killing people for a while anyway, and destroyer gives zero benefits in pve outside of specific staff wielding mobs. Whereas if they don't lock out elemental magic, they can at the very least pick up impetus/brawn/stoneskin to farm better, and haste if they're playing with other newb friends. This is way more valuable than destroyer, and it's cheaper to get 50 earth and 25 fire than it is to buy the destroyer and mage killer specs.

It really is bad advice for new players to go destroyer. Even though it is better to focus on melee early in character development, it's better to complement it with elemental buffs than with a damage bonus that only matters in pvp - which is pointless when you should be running the fuck away from most pvp encounters.

TryHard likes this.
  15. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

much more than twice the amount of time to level, much much more as a mage you still need melee and archery (situational) so ya
    --- Post updated ---
    or playing in a group with friends and actually being able to make a difference in pvp, If you think small then small is what you will be.

16. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

not long ago a lot of vets were saying destroyer his for experimented players and noobs should go mage, now its the opposite. i wonder if peoples on this forum are brain dead.

@OP destroyer bring absolutly no benefit in pve, NONE, and as for pvp better play mage/hybrid like 99% of vets, you will be more effective in melee anyway.

TryHard and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Wonder how a person can generalize every vet in the game, claiming that we all said go mage as a newb and then on top of that dumb shit will make an insult directed at every vet. Different people have different opinions but I have for sure not changed my view on it and have spent a great deal of time with dozens of new players since launch
    --- Post updated ---
    and that is not true as a new player with low stats and weapon skill for when/if pvp happens ltp before talking bout shit you clearly have little knowledge of

18. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Most ppl here make it sound so easy to go destroyer. I think i should be a destroyer myself if that's the case.

''you can hit cap damage as a destroyer if you melee grind'' :smirkcat:.

I rather have a newb in robe with fire magic level 25 on my side

Also, gear is something that you can lose. Skills/spells are things that you can grind that you cannot lose. A mage needs a R40, bone set. For the staff, even a goblin staff is acceptable.

If you waste too much gold as a destroyer, that's the same gold that you won't be able to use on scroll if you suddenly decide to become a mage.

#38 Scrapnotcrap, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    TryHard likes this.
  19. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Working as a destro when your new is easy to build a bank and if you teach the newb how to play as he is leveling he can do some work as a destro even with shit stats, Magic can be very daunting to a new player and he might stand in place toss some 15 damage spells then get attacked and dropped instantly cause he was in a robe with 25 fire magic.

20. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

An hybrid can go mage, light or heavy. A newb mage in light or heavy can still do good in melee/archery if he has mastery/sharpshooter. A destroyer without mastery nor sharpshooter is pretty bad.
    In my belief, there's no such thing as archers, there's only pushers.

On a step-by-step, anyone should unlock level 1 stat buffs for each magic school. With impetus, it should be even faster to level your melee/archery solo.
    Then, you can have rays on 3-4 magic schools; it only takes level 20-30. This allows you to become even more unpredictable since you won't have to knock a super loud arrow or to cast a spell as you are running behind somebody.

As you lose in battle as a mage, you can think every-night before you go to sleep about what you did wrong and what you need next. For example, if you died in melee, you can think about unlocking iron-skin. As a destroyer, you can't think about that, you can only think about grinding melee/archery/stats or to gear-up more.

Here's the thing tho, i thought you had to be a good player to go destroyer if you want to stay in good gear most of the time. An hybrid doesn't always have to be in good gear to do good and he does not have to risk so much.

From experience, i've seen so many newb destroyers with nothing because they lose so much. I've seen so many of them become so demoralized; wishing to become mages because they can use so many stuff. Most importantly, i've seen all of the(from the ones i personally know) becoming mages just to do better in no time.

When i was new, i've never been trained by a player, i was solo. I've learned everything from guides and videos. I subbed through a community thing and somebody rewarded me with what ever i wanted. I told him that i want bone-sets and R40's. From that point, i was grinding my way up to become a mage. I never once thought about being a destroyer; that would have slowed me down. Without that(destroyer) in mind, i already had fire-ball, several rays, haste, good self buffs in no time. I finally joined a clan and i had my mastery in no time(bloodwall over night).

So i ask you guys to stop underestimate the newb's, let them know what they really need to become good. I'm not saying a destroyer is not good, but you guys making sound like it's for everybody.