Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Destro.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dashboardlife, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

a newb mage can do melee yes, but your missing the point, without stats and melee skill he will do shit for dps, the only small chance he has is if is able to get someone with a staff out, I have said this like 3 times but somehow the 2 of you are unable to comprehend this or something. Yes he can swing a weapon or cast a spell and do fuck all dps, or he can be a destro and do 40% more to staff users and actually do some dps.
    Ya get it yet? now as he progresses and makes some cash then ya Id recommend hybrid or mage for most but we do have some destros in this game that whoop some ass so I only give people the information and tools they need to make a smart and informed decision, you and your boy try hard, think small and only along the lines of one way works and that is simple just not true or smart.

2. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Do younot know destroyer only applies to staff wearers? LOL

Theres like 2 mobs with staffs.

3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

It's not that i don't comprehend, it's just that you make it sound so easy.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Never said it is easy, the new player is weak and mostly helpless but if ya was to go back to some of my original posts the new player at least has a chance (in group) to be useful and actually do damage.
    --- Post updated ---
    Please try to refrain from being so emotionally challenged.

5. TryHard

Legend

You say they gain damage from destro yet they do not unless they are fighting a staff wearer which is almost never.

/thread

6. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

yes cause almost nobody ever uses a staff for pvp
    STOP Your Genius is showing!!

7. TryHard

Legend

Actually its a very bad thing to have staff out when anyone is near you in melee, so you will not likely ever melee anyone when they have a staff out, also landing archery is the hardest thing in the game imo...

Why do you want new players to go into this pitfall?

8. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

yes well if you actually knew anything about destro play you would know that majority of players often, almost guaranteed pull a staff out in melee range, is how a smart/good destro can fight 2 or more mages and win. it happens a lot.

Your ability to be a destro and lack of knowledge does not make it a pitfall. I know several good destros.

9. TryHard

Legend

I never have staff out in melee ever.... why are you trolling this hard man you gain nothing.... nobody has staff out in melee your losing your mind here or what????

10. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

I mean, maybe you only have fought bad destroyers. Maybe you're trolling hard? Who knows.

If you legitimately think destroyer is bad and a pitfall to new players, myself and various others will Gladly show you the counter argument. I even know a few literal new players that never played the original dsrkfall (They tried UW) I would be able to convince to log and beat you. No doubt in my mind.

I understand your concern about it being trap. I really do.However, Mage can be daunting and some people just like to use melee and archery better. Once you start telling new players that the other way they can play is no good, and should only try Mage, you're doing more harm than good.

In short, if you'd like to fight a destroyer that puts up an actual skirmish against you, myself and a vast amount of others will assist you with that task.

11. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

I'm sure anyone of any skill will never find him. Seems like one of those jump a person when he knows 120% he can win and run when he thinks that he can't.

12. Scrappy_Doo

Scrappy_Doo Goblin Shaman

Destro, at its core base, is an easier way to play for a new player. Mostly because you have less to worry about and melee, in any RPG game(solo play or MMO) melee/archery is always the fundamental base style in the combat system. So I can see where Destro can be the preferred by new players. However, as they progress in the game they will find that it can be the hardest to excel at in this game. Mostly because of the amount of knockbacks, rays, and AoEs that this game has. I think one of the suggestions that I always saw popping up in DFO was that people wanted the magic schools to be paired with one another...i.e earth with fire, water with air, necro with arcane. That way no one person can have access to all schools of magic right there on their macro cycles. It would make for a more versatile pvp encounter in the game instead of the usual knock up/ray mix in an AoE into the rotation...rinse/repeat.

13. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Destro is fine for a new player. OP get your mastery man. If you are in clan and end up in a group fight just find a target with its staff out, when that player swaps to another weapon, simply swap targets. Rinse repeat. If you have a decent crew behind you this is a easy way to be helpful in group fights as a new destro.. Or any destro rather. Good luck buddy!

14. Skitzo1

Skitzo1 Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Destro is all about the sticky. If I'm trading blow for blow with you eventually you will pull out of melee because I am taking less damage per hit because of my armor. THEN you pull your staff out while I can hopefully land the sticky. If you can't land the sticky Destro is much weaker.

15. common0324

common0324 Goblin Warrior
    Tester

Everyone is arguing different things. One is arguing a new player has a better chance in PvP as destro. one is arguing destro hurts your ability to farm since your lacking buffs. One argues it costs more to be a mage. One argues destro is harder to play destro effectively. Everyone is right... what we need to know is what the new player wants to do. Personally I just accept I'm not going to win PvP early but guarantee a bigger bank by melee farming with cheap gear and buffs.

16. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

so no shrapnel? no confusion? lol do not listen to this person they know nothing.
    --- Post updated ---
    That is if you have full plate on... who can afford that shit though not enough selentine. Fucken grindy ass game.

17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Just so you are aware, by no means is Destro an easy class to play. Make sure you PVP in a group so it's easier.

18. EarthMother

EarthMother Earth Elemental
    Supporter

He asked for viable, not complete. But I guess I should not expect you to possess bas if reading comprehension. Lol

theimmigration likes this.