Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Destroyer Changes

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by kilrath81, Oct 27, 2016.

1. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

A lot of us that i talk to who play destroyer need to see changes done to it to make it more viable in our opinion. We should be able to get destro and indestructable. The reason for this is if we run into a hybrid we are toast, our bonuses do nothing unless they are bad at pvp. We get close they use Weapon we lose damage increase. They get away with begone or knockback or something its right back to spells pelting us. This is mostly for 1v1 that the issue is most prominent.

1) give us both inde and destro
    2) Remove encumbrance (we cant cast decent spells anyway)
    3) Give us more HP bonus (even if we got 50hp bonus that only one hit from a mage)
    4) Give us faster stam regen when sword is out.
    5) maybe give us a shield ability that makes us immune to all magic damage for 15 seconds on a 45 second cooldown.

Im not saying all of this has to be done and im sure im missing complaints from other people. but these are the biggest issues with the class that i see. We spend a ton of money on the gear and unless a stupid mage gives us his back with his staff out we have no reason to do it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

These are some quality suggestions. Im going to have to group you with kras treetall, wes furitive and invincible execution

Inkarnation, Sique, Fengor and 3 others like this.
  3. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

4. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Patron

Oh god it hurts.

5. The Law

The Law Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

Agree that destro needs all of these, plus a ray only destros can use that does 400 dmg. Thx.

6. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Destroyer is probably very overpowered right now. It's seen something like 4 buffs since Alpha opened up, maybe more. That being said, it was boarderline overpowered in original DF1. If you think otherwise you need to practice and duel.

Indestructable is practically useless.

7. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

Yeah I was thinking exactly that the other day. The devs could make that one more interesting. You could maybe consider it if the protections would apply no matter what weapon is out.

8. RoD

RoD Undead Dwarf
    Wealthy Legend

pretty much this

Myater likes this.
  9. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

I don't think destroyer is overpowered at all atm. Crippling a destroyer is as simple as throwing a slashing debuff and they are completely fucked. Why mages think they should be able to kill someone purely from ranged is silly, transitioning on destroyers is one of the greatest tactics you can do versus a heavy armor user, they are very vulnerable to people pushing melee on them.

10. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Destroyer is probably a bit OP right now and will get stronger as CC is correctly balanced. Hopefully other balanced tweaks will restore mage/destroyer balance.

Indestructible could use some buffs for sure. Maybe increased physical protections so indestructible would be better in melee vs melee, or have the protections apply to any mounts you may be riding.

Fengor likes this.
  11. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Just remove destro. It's ridiculous trying to balance a class in an otherwise classless game. Warrior vs mage would be balanced just fine without it imo now that fizzles are gone. Maybe the only thing that needs slight tweaking is archery encumbrance, or better leather sets for hybrids to use instead of bone if they want less archery encumbrance and higher melee resists for less magic resists.

12. Kal Ki

Kal Ki Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

main problem with destroyer is that its worse for grinding. I mean you can always just disable it (if u have magic leveled) if ur going to farm for a bit but still its annoying especially if you have to change some keybinds.

13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Uhh.... what.

Circa likes this.
  14. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

i dont see why people think its op and we need to "duel more". a destroy cant use magic at all, and when a mage has the same weapons skills as the destro the only thing he has going for him is he is usually in heavier armor. However a hybrid just pulls out melee when the destro is in range. all his bonuses then dissapear. He is like a hybrid at that point with no magic... how is this OP? As a destro i get WOF and nuked to shit before i ever get in melee range unless i sneak up on them. So if im solo and a mage sees me in the distance he can debuff and nuke me then bunny hop in and pull a JB and i am dead. Sure im not a great pvper and never likely will be but Destroyer is FAR from OP in 1v1. If i as a destroyer get jumped by 2 mages in bone i should easily be able to finish them off, they should do little damage as a mage to me, the debuffs should do next to nothing and they should have to play their class and stay the hell away from me.

If they made me do 40% more damage to anyone not a destro that might be a different story but right now a destro is a sitting duck for hybrids.

15. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

um

16. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

What? Why should that ever be the case? This is not rock/paper/scissors MMO with classes.

Besides the destroyer is a counter to mage, not to a hybrid, who decides not to use magic to fight you.

17. Invincible Execution

Invincible Execution Varangian Warthane
    Hero

Personally I think the main problem with destroyer is that it was a bandaid fix to give melee players a chance against mages. The game needs many more options like destroyer before we reach good diversity. I think destroyer is more of a team fighting build and that is something I find very problematic since there are so few options to begin with. The balance of builds is pretty bad and we only have a few to pick from, most of which are useless.

18. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Make a super high-end expensive Haste potion :)

19. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

If people spent as much time actually practicing playing a detro properly than they did making these generalized "mages are too op threads" there would be a lot less issues. The only thing i can even remotely agree on is the fact that solo farming as a destro in terms of choosing an elemental arrow to fit the weakness of the mob you are fighting is definitely worse than a mage because transmutes are so awful. Other than that, there should be any complaints.

Scrubby Bear likes this.
  20. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

It's more about cost than power.

6 gold for a buff which gives 2.5++ to ALL physical protections. If a destroyer wants just ONE of those protections they have to spend 1000s into the 10,000s
    -same with their quickened spellcasting
    -same with elemental protections
    -same with stat buffs (quickness is arguably the most important stat for a destroyer)