Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Developmemt Roadmap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Action_Jackson, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Action_Jackson

Action_Jackson Deadeye
    Hero

I like your roadmap...really.
    There are some things which are very cool but id like to know how you plan to make this work.

Voice Chat in Sieges....400 people yelling
    Lowering the gap between r0 and r80 weapons
    Midnight sieges. We will play on 1 Server. We live in differnt time zones. Thats just how it is...
    And some other stuff

But what really bothers me is, that you plan to flag gravestones so only the killer can loot it.
    SERIOUSLY? Who the fuck came up with that shitty idea?

And next thing is clan bank robbing and trade ganking. Why you want to introduce features that makes these fun parts of the game nearly impossible? (Grey flagging, clan bank tiers)

I always liked the freedom in df and gravestone ownership is just total bullshit and takes this away.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Naos

Naos Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Yea whats the definition siege windows? Its supposed to be an EU/NA server, are that siegewindows which are set up by the clan or default by the game. Also those need to be then considerably large to give both EU and NA players a chance to participate.

Also regional banking system. Hmm I hope you implement then according mechanics for transportation of goods like cargo mounts/carts and cargo rooms in ships(with limit of weight a person can carry).

3. Hugo

Hugo Gravelord

You will temporarily be flagged rogue if you loot someone else's kill; there's nothing stopping you doing it.

The fact that someone could hang around a player and loot his kills freely, requiring the other to take an alignment hit to punish the aggressor/stop himself being griefed, was flawed.

4. Action_Jackson

Action_Jackson Deadeye
    Hero

Alright. My mistake.
    Thought you want to make it so that you can only loot your own graves.

5. Zoro

Zoro Spellgazer

Regarding the Development Roadmap

First off let me thank all the members of the DFO Return team. I would also like to say that as someone who loved playing DFO, I love most of the goals you have for the game; however, I would like to address some of my concerns here and give my personal suggestions.

My primary concern lies in the Specializations section. It is unclear to me what your exact intentions are, but this section seems targeted towards things like destroyer and magekiller. I do not want to see destroyer/magekiller change. They work perfectly fine, and they are perfectly balanced with people who are running mage setups. If someone brought to your attention that destroyer is too weak, they don't understand how to play destroyer. I believe I speak for all destroyer mains who plan on returning to Darkfall, when I say, please don't mess with destroyer. I played during the end of the game when basically everyone on the server had maxed out accounts, a destroyer is competitive with a maxed mage, fact.

My second concern is with bunnyhopping. PLEASE don't make the stam drain very much. PLEASE.

Thank you for reading.

6. yewhatever

yewhatever Stormgraive

Because higher tier items were necessary to survive in PvP and PvE, there was a significant gear grind/gap in Darkfall making everything below r50 useless.

i strongly disagree with the need in PvE, and even in PvP there were plenty of people that used just a robe, a blackblot and a chest dropped r50 2h sword with stacks of reagents obviously. (though that may be more because they were broke...then a choice)

I feel pretty confident in saying that the only reasons people brought good gear to PvE were.
    -The dura was way too high anyway, might aswell get some use out of it.
    -The chances of PvP meant that having the gear was desirable.

Because i wasnt in such a great clan...and i wasnt that great of a player...i spend most of my time in less visited spawns.
    I would almost always head out in just a bone set (like 300g) or a robe (free?), with r40 weapons (either 2h swords or daggers).
    The damage increase from r40 to r50, when using debuffs!, is small.

Armor, especially on mid tier mobs, wasnt present after debuffs.
    Higher tierd weapons are used to overcome the armor bonus of the target you are hitting. So by debuffing them 10~ piercing protection you are "only" dealing 3~5 damage per hit less (compared to r50). Thats on hits of 28~, so its still 10%~ extra damage.
    But its not required as i could clear most spawns with just a r40. So bringing a r50 wouldnt give me any more kills in the same time span.

By making the relative increase in resistances smaller, the higher tier you go.
    The "heavy" destroyer in full dragon isnt all that much tankier then a hybrid with a bone/fp(or infernal) mix.
    Why would anybody wear dragon armor which is easily 5x more expensive then infernal, if the added resistances are the smallest gap relatively.

Have you considerd this?

7. DAlonso

DAlonso Finance Lead
    Team Lead

Threads merged.

8. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Re: Regarding the Development Roadmap

I found only destroyer was a viable spec imo everything else was giving up way too much unless you had all of them combined Destro + MK etc Destroyer its self could do with a few minimal changes but not that much as it was a pretty viable spec in its self, the stam drain on bhop will be tested and altered accordingly :)

9. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Well voice chat would obviously need an off/on feature. That's a given and really if it's a bother in sieges you just turn it off, as well as a notification the minute you play the game if you want it on or off as new players in a H1Z1 box type enviroment would be very detrimental imo.

R0-R80 weapons yeah I agree should be revisited.

Sieges I agree should be revisited. We're going to be a mix of EU and NA and I don't see how one can do this with out shafting the other region. Perhaps Darkfall UW did do something somewhat right with their protection timers although let me just say I think maybe a 4 hour window is all that is needed for something like this to be in DFO if people are concerned about off hour sieges DFUW has like 12 hour protections and whatnot which is over the top imo. Could be a good gold sink as well.

Agree on the next two points stealing, and trade ganking are content in and of their selves. To better protect new players tutorials, and informing said new players of the harsh reality of Darkfall should be the focus. Not limiting it. Might as well introduce a safezone if anti-grief is what you want--no, new players are essential but catering to them in this fashion is a no go in my opinion.

10. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

incoming radio station with proximity voice ingame..

love it!! :p

11. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

DayZ craze! :!: !

12. Damaja

Damaja Goblin Warrior
    Legend

Update the character models. Do you plan to use the already created models AV made for DF2010? They looked badass but seemed to not be developed beyond naked renders. DFUW has them as mobs with clothes on. There was a video with them wearing the new dfuw style studded armour but not the classic racial armours.

Would be cool to see them with the old school looking racial style armours.

13. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

I cant wait for this to become a reality, it was a toss up between this and new dawn.. this looks pretty promising now.

14. DaveBizzle

DaveBizzle Goblin Warrior

Hype incoming. Soon.

15. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

About Time.

16. Zoro

Zoro Spellgazer

Re: Regarding the Development Roadmap

Other specializations (indestructible for example) could probably use changes; however, in my opinion destroyer + magekiller was more or less a package deal considering that if you had one, you could also take the other without sacrificing much of anything. Together they create a specialization that is great, seeing as they both basically did the same thing just for their respective weapons.

17. Kal VenoM

Kal VenoM Skeleton Archer
    Legend

If it's a mixture of both NA and EU players... technically there wont be 'off hour sieges'.

18. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

there will obviously be a higher population of one (most likely NA going from how populations have always played out) so, for the majority of the population, it will be off hour.

19. Xaar

Xaar Dire Zombie

Agree with all non craftable items like picks and other shit to be craftable but runes? this shit will be too OP and what will i sell :( WE NEED RARES to keep ppl farming u know.. just my 1 cent.

20. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Don't worry guys we're aware that some of these ideas are scary to vets because they look to potentially change a lot . Some of the additions will but in the spirit that was always asked for. We'll be highlighting individual features over the coming months and discussing them with the community. Every feature you all will have a chance to give real feedback that will be heavily considered. It doesn't mean we're going to turn around on everything based on loud dissention however. We feel that discussion and feedback both good and bad helps to refine ideas and ultimately the best ideas will come forward. Our two ideals we follow are Player Freedom and Dynamic Sandbox Tools. Everything we do will be to enhance those aspects in the game.

We look forward to months of intense forumfall theorycrafting with the community :).

-Andrew