Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

DF1 Nostalgia Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SuB ZeRo, Jun 6, 2018.

1. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Bored today at work & started thinking about how much useless df1 memories/knowledge I have that I'll never be able to discuss with anyone in the real world so I thought it'd be fun to post about here. Feel free to add more!

- Begone used to only work North and East

- Spawning mounts underwater and riding across the sea floor was awesome

- Nexox and Juice wallhacked and ruled over the Center Dungeon

- Luck could see through blinds somehow

- Doc made hundreds of thousands off selling people items for real money.

- You could full heal a red through the towers at sanguine with just 3 blue people.

- Krisathel was the best place to scam people, with 1 begone you knock them 90 fall damage and into a mob spawn lol

- Right after the patch that made clans able to piggy back on sieges, cbay got sieged. It was a huge server wide war that was fucking epic.

- Bugging mobs and macroing was 100% critical to leveling. When bugging out mobs if we got load lag we'd use witches brew to see if we hit an invisible GM in system log

- Mar Shral duel nights endgame 2012 were dope, lots of fun fights

- Sword and Shield was 100% ping dependent & used to glitch a ton and wouldn't work half the time.

- Magnetic Man and itwas Luck had an epic rivalry

- Jet Boom terrorized noobs 24/7 and late game had fly hacks

- Kelet (rip <3) was god tier coder and also made some fly hack and gave it to luck on the last day of df1 in 2012, he used a warhulk and flew around with the name 'theflying dutchman' lol

- A few DF girls nudes leaked and jonah even slept with one lol

- Beargrim/Gotja were fucking NME noobs who did nothing but zerg 24/7

- Smurf had a cool 3 phrase name that no one else was able to have. Lord Battle Smurf, too bad when he went to sell his account on Player Auctions he didn't black out the name and it got banned lmao

- There was no better trio in the game than luck huggies and rex but they all played at least 8+ hours a day

- There was a huge scandal of someone stealing peoples account info and completely wiping their banks, i think this was 2011 or 2012, super shady shit.

- All race clans were kinda cool, added a roleplaying element to the game. Battle Saints MVP!

- Krins Fury, Dartemiss, Dim Mok, Deste Lock were the laughing stock of the df1

- UDL would roll 20 deep to villages in full Q5 bags and zerg everyone to complete hell and back.

- Luck introduced a large portion of people to cool music through his vids

- China farmers were crucial to any big alliance. I remember convincing one of them to come into coms and taught him some english and he'd go out and pvp with us. Semir Fushi I think his name was.

- Nazrolith was a Sick Bastards nutjob who did nothing but asset damage at 3AM every single night. Probably spent 1000+ hours doing nothing but asset damage.

- Zag Raid

- Fizzles were fucking aids, complete RNG mechanic that determined a lot of close fights.

- Ventrilo / Mumble used to be the standard for comms

- Having a good keybind setup was crucial, you were at an insane disadvantage if you didn't use AHK scripts

- Wearing Shoulders made you bunnyhop slower

- cock lords 2011 and im flower

- To this day my favorite people to game with are all from DF1, the game created friends for life <3

There's a lot more but I dont want the first post to take up an entire page so let's keep this going

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 SuB ZeRo, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

SuB ZeRo likes this.
  3. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

[​IMG]

koruun likes this.
  4. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

koruun likes this.
  5. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Last Day of DF1. 2k players online for that one specific date. people i hadn't seen since 2009.

The Flying Dutchman

6. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

8? pfft

Easily 10+ for Luck and I, Kelet too. Huggies came in much lower at ~6, 'cause he wouldn't solo.

Most of this time was spent inside geometry watching movies though. We spent almost 0 time practicing lol

One time Kelet made us sit through this in its entirety:

I REALLY didn't want to sit through this, but honestly, it turned out to be one of the better movies I've seen lol. On a relative scale, it starts out at a weirdness of about 3/10, it really does get that weird.

I'm gonna keep posting weird clips of this movie in this thread now.

7. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I don't do drugs so I don't think it's possible to make it through that unfortunately lol

Mea Kulpa, koruun and Fengor like this.
  8. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

- selentine golem on yssam was almost guaranteed fights. Mehatil VS Cbay constantly fought over it, as well as people living out of tolenque.

- there was at least 1 siege every weekend

- bunnyhop script was a troll that actually took hold onto some of the dumber players

- umberto almost scammed someone out of a house (or some other big ticket item), but decided not to

- center villages always had PVP

- holdings were actually populated

- living out of aradoth with vamp, we'd zerg VOTK in robes everytime it went live. Pissed a lot of people off.

MerleisAirdburne, koruun and Fengor like this.
  9. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.

RootedOak likes this.
  10. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

• People glitched inside geometry and killed mobs with their mounts, back when the AI was dog shit
    •Every clan had one person who had ESP
    •Sick Bastards won DF1
    •There was a hacker on cairn that would solo the fire dragon everyday. He would also presurge all of his field aoe attacks and kill giant groups of people, especially those on boats when aoe attacks went through geometry
    •Sethdrone from Blood bought massive amounts of gold to siege and hire mercs
    •Everyone glitched inside of geometry or fell to the bottom of the world to afk macro overnight
    •people had two accounts and a program that would attack and parry to level up skills
    •Blood had the best blood wall
    •all mobs had a leash range that you could stand at and not get attacked by mobs and not have the mob teleport away
    •there was a glitch for awhile where you could leave the bank but still have it open whereever you went
    •people had macros the farm nodes, as you had to manually click each time to get 1 resource
    •you could bug your stamina by riding amount, you could also cast spells while riding your mount
    •before people know how to combat mounts and the mount weight was virtually nothing, people would bring 8+ mounts with them and destroy everyone

Fengor likes this.
  11. Prodigy_Burn

Prodigy_Burn Dire Zombie

- Ppl macroing afk magic and archery on hiveke queen for months in 2009. Some of the best clan dramas in the alfar lands.

Fengor likes this.
  12. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Wildtribe Mage

All of Ruby was Alfar Only at EU launch. Dusk Alliance, but there was not the alliance green color yet so we just attacked any and all NonAlfar who came for a visit to our subcontinent. That was fun while it slowly imploded and the remainder merged with Dawn Alliance to form the unfortunately named Twilight Alliance.

This was just the first of many DFO memorable memories.

M ~

Fengor likes this.
  13. Dicklasso

Dicklasso Goblin Scout

during the first few weeks of EU Launch, we lived out of Aradoth (with The Homeless!). we took about 40 guys and rode north toward where LOD lived and kinda kicked the hornets nest a little.

About 20 minutes later, LODs alliance rode to aradoth with about 100+ and shit all over the city for 2 hours or so. it was fucking crazy.
    --- Post updated ---

so many good ones!

there was a video of a 1v1 where a guy popped like 20 mounts lol. some dude that was like the terror of yssam hahaha

14. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Wildtribe Mage

Pretty sure that was Celiah. He found me once in a mountainous region of Yssam, that man always had a ton of mounts on him, it was crazy. :grin:

M ~

15. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Beargrim, you told me it was safe!

Beargrim, i'm running around in circles!

HAJAHAHJAJHEHAHAJJAHAHAHA - sacrillegious cackle

beargrim, val volari, and myself once jumped at the devil and beat the hacker crew (juice nexox ktulu) completely naked because we thought they couldn't see us with their hacks if we were naked. then they trolled us and said they could see beargrims dwarf beard.

Stop grimtiding me - beargrim

@RootedOak

#15 Grimtide, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    RootedOak and Fengor like this.
  16. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Celestial
    Loyal Legend

Acid pool parties for rigor and ignore pain, Casting spells while mounted are a couple I can think of that I can think of that haven't been mentioned

Fengor likes this.
  17. Durriii

Durriii Goblin Shaman
    Wealthy Legend

- Some Kvitstein siege was won because one of the attackers told the defenders where the shard holder was.
    - On that note: Sieges with a shard holder!
    - Arkillion was shard holder for the server Calfardar Siege and somehow disconnected during it. Lots of people thought he did it on purpose for Cairn Alliance.
    - Arkillion had like 8 (?) accounts as he always came back after being banned
    - Some Clans had Razorwax developers in them
    - Presurged Ironskin on a guy in full dragon was a common strategy in sieges
    - Bloodscar & Cbay were the most sought after holdings
    - People had programs that would automatically "macro" spells with anti surges mechanics, auto log off and so on.

Mag was known as pure pwnage and all he would wear was a purple robe and hit Erinthel 24/7

18. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

-fought in the murder terd vs. COTC wars on launch
    -have seen hundreds of mana missles flying all over mar shral in person.
    -lived in jan halek bugging kamsets and selling DHW the taint
    -farmed the 2 what we called high end dungeons yssam/eklit/center and died to juiceman and nexox a lot
    -Rode from jan halek all the way to the top sea tower to inside job steal Rex's first boat when he was a newb.
    -fought in the SB wars on the zerg side
    -played with everyone who is top tier now arrow,juicey,gotja,keide,killset,magnetic had a blast being a scrub.