Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Did this happen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by betalpha, Jun 9, 2017.

1. betalpha

betalpha Goblin Shaman

Am I the only one who sees a p2w element with game time tokens?
    Please put a limit on how many game time tokens you can buy/mo.

More gold = more mats = more gearbags = more siege weaponry so on so forth...
    One can buy mercenaries with gold, sometimes even turning the tables in sieges for example.

Overall game time tokens offer a way for players to avoid much of the grind/buy resources from other players/hire assistance in warfare by selling them for gold.

This is what ruins games imo

Hell, even with a limit, the largest clan stands to benefit most.

RIP

Rorschach, AdamWest, Drago and 2 others like this.
  2. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Do not care, supports the game, you are whack.

3. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

yes pls buy more gold with rl cash

more i can loot

4. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

People would be buying gold from gold sellers websites anyway. This way, people can safely and legally buy gold, and the money goes in BPG's pockets.

This is a great feature.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. ijharb

ijharb Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter

What clarence said. The people buying it are mostly the same people buying it from gold sites. Except BPG gets paid now at least.

6. betalpha

betalpha Goblin Shaman

I'm likely to believe that it's not as big of a problem as previously stated and is just being used as justification. Any smart gold farmer would have chose just about any game other than this to capitalize on. This game isn't even being marketed.

We've played other mmos before to know the deal. No need beating that dead horse.

In the meantime, players will now be able to jump ahead in the game fast af.

7. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

This feature also fights off and competes with gold farmers. And helps kids with more time than money to be able to play the game.

WyLd_SyDe, Imrys, Ylahoto and 3 others like this.
  8. betalpha

betalpha Goblin Shaman

Hate it when people don't logic. I thought it was a given-their justification. No need to explain that common sense justification. My logic stands with those facts.

9. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Supporter

EvE Online has PLEX, which is their version of GTT. EvE has a booming economy, around 30k concurrent players, and is over a decade old.

It's a good system and not pay to win. Especially is a skill based game where a good player in robes could still beat my ass if I was wearing dragon. I'd look way cooler, though.

10. betalpha

betalpha Goblin Shaman

I've been in super alliances and let me tell you that the whole game becomes about resources and who can outlast the other, not just player skill.

You are not considering that when we get into large numbers, the gold gain advantage is multiplied, and wars are back and forth due to mutual zerging. In a fight like that it's lag. Pure lag.

11. Shredz

Shredz Dire Zombie

Hard to be pay 2 win in a full loot game..

12. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

Again, your point is moot as people were already buying millions of gold in DFO from playerauction. It is a proven system, it works in other games. Removing/limiting that system wouldn't change what you are claiming. If they were to put a limit of how many you can buy, these people would buy their limit on cooldown and then buy the rest of their gold from gold sellers.

13. HighTimes

HighTimes Gravelord
    Legend

great feature well done bpg however i miss the old chinese gold farmers that were SO BAD at pvp and just farmed dungeons all day and u could go hit them like pinatas and get sweet sweet candy.

those chinese dudes were funny

Arkanis and WyLd_SyDe like this.
  14. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

People are poking holes in said "FACTS" and your "LOGIC".

Ever checked out other websites? Gold is being sold for RoA all over the place. This means gold farmers show up to farm it as there's a demand for it. People always want an advantage over the other guy.

Gold farmers were able to monopolize the market by being the sole supplier of said ill-gotten gold, if by stealing accounts, abusing tasks, or botting. This happens in EVERY game.

With GTT being sold by the company, players now can meet the demand, people wanting to get "faster" gold without having to grind it, if they have limited play time. It's now brought from some sort of black market into the light where ordinary players can play for free basically. Each month they buy a GTT from another player, and can continue to play.

You talk as if more gear and more sieges is a bad thing. As a merchant this helps spur the economy into high gear and I am struggling to keep up with demand already, but this is fantastic. I can realistically going forward, play for free.

Remember "Doc" from DFO? RMT happens, at least now we (the players) get a piece of the action.

The only reason why tokens are so common right now, as it was just released, so there's a flood of the market. End of this month, there's going to be another small flood as people's subs will run out and people will want to get tokens to keep their sub going for gold.

Mercs will happen, always will. There's no problem with this, sometimes people need a bit of extra punch to their forces. You could argue that siege allies are the same thing, you are bringing in people to assist you for the siege. Sometimes they are paid, other times they are not. Who cares.

This isn't a bad thing at all.

15. tommeh

tommeh Dire Zombie
    Contributor Hero

They selling for 15-20k in human trade.

16. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

It's a much better idea than straight up selling gold since it is player economy driven since you actually have to sell them to get gold. It also keeps players supporting and subbed to the game, which is a good thing.

WyLd_SyDe, Imrys and Fengor like this.
  17. PENETRATOR

PENETRATOR Earth Elemental
    Legend

Yep, it is exactly P2W.

Everyone sees winning Darkfall differently, but let's examine some of the definitions of winning Darkfall?

1) Be rich in terms of gold, loot etc - 100% P2W.
    2) Have a strong character. - 50% P2W (scrolls, meditation etc), Still have to grind.
    3) Have a city. - 50% P2W Can buy with gold, but can be taken by others.
    4) Become top tier crafter. - 100% P2W.
    5) Become top tier PvPer. - 50% P2W Can buy best gear, still requires personal skill.
    6) Other?

Instead of buying gold from gold sellers, which only some did, now EVERYONE can do it legally. Instead of trying to combat the problem, they allowed the problem to be even bigger. Yes, I am being critical of BPG. It is my right to express my opinion and my duty to point out a problem when I see one.

Darkfall Rise of Agon is now OFFICIALLY Pay to Win.

magicaxebow, Jade69 and Rorschach like this.
  18. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

Pay to win means you are paying for an advantage that others can't get. This is more like 'pay to catch up to the guys who play all day'. All it does is allow people to catch up to the no-lifers.

There are plenty of people who are maxed with huge stacks of gold that didn't pay for any of it. Selling GTTs doesn't give you any advantage over them.

Also it should bring in a lot more money for BPG since many more people will be able to sub now, and sub their alts, with the tokens.

19. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

This system is good I think. It works in eve

The game needs more methods for value to be destroyed

Every gtc used is roughly $10 of gold value destroyed

Edit; I would be curious to see some analytics from BPG on gold creation from mobs/chests/maps compared to gold destruction via crafting/leveling/gtc as well as their projections for when people finish their leveling grinds

20. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero