Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Did this happen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by betalpha, Jun 9, 2017.

1. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Wrong again bud. Read my prior post with nice examples of how value in game economies works

2. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

Try explaining how I was wrong, I bet you won't be able to. And no I don't mean ask what happens when a raft is destroyed, yes that is a material sink and value is lost from the game.

Try actually explaining what was wrong with my logic, use quotes.

EDIT: And if you point out something where I actually was wrong then I'll acknowledge that, I'm not perfect and I don't know it all. I only took one econ class in college which doesn't help much. But you have to actually show where I am wrong, which you have never been able to do.

3. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

Buying gold isn't even necessary, it's a month in and I have no immediate pressing use for gold. Even if I added 2 million gold to my bank it wouldn't make me better. The worst players in full Q5 dragon bags can still lose to nakeds. Gold can't buy skill and this is ultimately a skill based game.

4. Anthrax

Anthrax Goblin Warlord

BPG is not making even $0.01 more than they would have otherwise. See my post above. Its is financially DISadvantageous for BPG to do this in the long run

5. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Trust me I fully understand.

I'll just repeat once more and then be done with this thread because I'm sick of arguing with halfwits

When a gtc is used the gold value is transferred into subscription time and therefore $10 in BPGs account

The net result is a reduction in ingame value

6. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

This isn't true though. GTCs allow many more people to sub, and sub their alts, because they won't spend $10 on that. But they will farm 20k in-game and give that to someone else who WILL pay for their $10 sub.

It's all about enabling more people to sub. So the end result is more total subs, more money to BPG.

Rath TNT and WyLd_SyDe like this.
  7. Anthrax

Anthrax Goblin Warlord

Perhaps...maybe...possibly you can make the case for alts but lets be real here. There are no new players joining the game right now, and certainly not because of any sub tokens lol....

8. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

That last sentence shows me that you don't understand any of this. Try reading my last post where I explained this to you, I addressed that exact point.

I'm still waiting for you to quote where I was wrong.
    --- Post updated ---
    I think it does enable a significant number of people to maintain their subs though, probably a lot of younger players who don't have jobs yet.

I remember having to ask my parents to pay for my subs, it sucked and there's no way they would've paid for multiple accounts. But if GTCs were a thing I would've farmed them non stop and subbed a lot more to whatever game I was playing.

9. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

I don't like it, but hey, WTS game-time token 25k

10. Anthrax

Anthrax Goblin Warlord

Putting aside the discussion if this has impact to the in game economy or not.....

Your scenario is a stretch at best and the additional accounts it "might" allow to be subbed if it were not possible otherwise is likely an extremely low number.

Either way it will without a doubt cause future financial hardship for BPG and a bad business decision.

11. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I think we'd all be surprised how many MMO players are little leeches who are totally willing to play games that are "free" while they stay on unemployment and food stamps.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fawley likes this.
  12. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

There is a very large influx of new players mainly because of a few bigger streamers that showcased the game. This isn't the old darkfall. right now the game has been getting new traffic due to a few factors but I think the streaming publicity is the main cause.

Another point is having the ability to sub once and never have to sub again and just use in games funds to play is a huge attraction for the f2p or b2p crowd.

Rath TNT and WyLd_SyDe like this.
  13. Anthrax

Anthrax Goblin Warlord

There is zero influx of new players that I have seen recently. Rekful streamed ROA but that hasnt been for over 2 weeks. (last ROA stream 5/26 I think). Whatever influx from him has already been realized and not an ongoing phenomenon

What other "bigger streamers" have showcased ROA? Thats the only one that I am aware of.

14. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

100k ain't shit now a days..
    But u may be right could of prolonged the death

RootedOak likes this.
  15. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

100k for AV who wasn't paying their programmers, in Greece specially, was definitely worth a lot.

Imrys and Fengor like this.
  16. Ulfang Blackmane

Ulfang Blackmane Skeleton Archer
    Hero

There's still like 70 or so new subs on the forums each day, of course not all of those people will end up playing, but it's a fair way to gauge the interest in the game. For example when Rekful was streaming there were about 200 new subs a day. A good number of people who are interested enough to sub up to the forums will fork up the $10 to give it a try.

17. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Also forcing out chiners improves the game. PvE is way more rewarding when you're getting rich from selling some stuff rather than everything being worth literal pennies.

WyLd_SyDe, Sero, Fengor and 1 other person like this.
  18. Anthrax

Anthrax Goblin Warlord

70 forum subs per day. 30 days in a month that's 2100 new forum accounts per month.

If even half of those are players who play that game that's 1000 new accounts per month.

I highly doubt there is anything even remotely close to that number as new players. Not even a fraction of that.

Personally I dispute the 70 new forum account per day number as well as feel that there is no correlation of forum accounts to subs. This is forumfall.... People make multiple accounts for all kinds of troll ass reasons.

19. Killa162

Killa162 Crypt Guard

How so?

Player A that buys the GTT that is already subbed, sells to player B.
    Player B farmed gold and subbed prior to this date.
    Player A that bought GTT has given a cash advance for a month that hasn't happened yet or was about to expire for players B's account.
    Player A buys another GTT which gives BPG another cash advance sub and gives to Player C.
    ~Loop~

These GTT's are basically a cash based line of credit. They implemented GTT to stop gold sellers so that BPG controls the market with nithron coins. Instead of it going to sellers the cash goes to BPG. Also once other services are provided, BPG will have that money in the bank that is also separate from sub numbers. GTT's are basically me buying someone elses sub for their current month to be able to keep playing. Or me buying someones sub ahead of time so they add time ONTOP of the sub time they already have to their account. GTT's are the same as if someone paid for 3mo, 6mo, or a 1 year sub agreement. No matter how you look at it its the same for the person trading to obtain the GTT, it's just that someone else has paid for their sub for them. And the player on the other end that bought the GTT receives gold or items that are equal in gold to the trade they desire.

How can no one see that? It's really not that hard.
    Better example is you ever watch the show "Shark Tank"? Well same premise there that is here. Player A is the Shark, and Player B is the Business. Player A = Person with $$$ to upfront the cost to another player for their sub. Player B = The business that did all the work and brought the new idea to the Shark to invest in. Little more clarity on Player B is, they brought the gold they farmed "the work" to the table to be traded by the sharks real money that Player B doesn't have or wants to avoid from spending.

20. Anthrax

Anthrax Goblin Warlord

Killa it's very simple. These are not addl commodities that are being sold. It's simply BPGs own future sales. They are just taking them now instead of later. It will lead to cash flow issues later when they don't have the income for the subs that have been paid for already.