Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Did this happen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by betalpha, Jun 9, 2017.

1. pathion

pathion Gravelord
    Supporter

its definitely not P2W... This doesn't create more gold and mats. It just allows you to legitimately buy gold instead of using PA.

2. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

OP is an idiot

/Thread

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

Did you just read the first sentence of my post and have a nerd seizure on your keyboard?

4. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Tryhard is probably the least intelligent fellow on this forum. its best to just ignore him

5. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

RÉEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Imrys likes this.
  6. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

My post is still helpful to others who think that this is p2w.
    Who even are you?

7. Friagrim

Friagrim Goblin Warrior

What a dumbass

8. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

Pay to win means ur real life money is giving you something OTHER PLAYERS DONT HAVE ACCESS OF.

this is NOT whats happening here. Anything you buy with RL money in DF via tokens is not only something anyone can acquire anyway, but is also lootable/siege-able/beatable.

Game time tokens are becoming an industry standard, because RMT happens regardless. everything you fear is already happening anyway. i personally know people who have bought and sold shit in DFO and UW through playerauctions and such sites.

RThe people who wanna buy gold can do it NP anyway. this way this trading is being used to keep players in the game who might no otherwise play, and puts the money into the developers hand, instead of Chinese farmers.

Rath TNT likes this.
  9. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

Mfw I see you in open world and pay you a gtt to let me kill u p2w :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Sero likes this.
  10. IsilithTehroth

IsilithTehroth Gravelord
    Supporter

Not the sole; there was one more than likely an AV employee that by far sold the mos
    I think Doc was an AV employee. The thing with these tokens work only if you already have a ecocony that is stable. Take Old school runescape. The game has prices that are fixed at a certain range(sure it could be changed) but there were items that were worth tons(close to unattainable like phats) and other things that were over time (like godswords).

Not saying it won't work on ROA but the economy needs a lift.

11. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

not really sure what you mean by "work only if you already have a stable economy"

GTC allows BPG to take a % of business from gold sellers and also gives them a bit of time value of money

what will happen, assuming the server doesnt die is the value of the GTC will stabilize around $9 of ingame gold

thus for every GTC BPG makes $10

people buying GTC from other players get $10 value for $9 of gold

and people selling GTC to other players (RMT buyers) get $9 gold value in exchange for their $10 -

so with this model BPG wins
    people buying GTC with ingame gold win
    people buying GTC from BPG and then selling ingame take a small loss in exchange for reduced risk and they accomplish their goal of converting their $$ to ingame $

12. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

Considering for how little they are going for who cares. You'd have to sell 10 of them to get any decent merc force lol.

13. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

srsly this thread....

once again for everyone that doesnt understand the concept of p2w

definition for pay2win = buying services or items with rl money that give you a direct advantage in the game that cant be aquired through playing the game. if thats not clear enough yet ill give you an example. if you could buy, lets say a r100 weapon in the item shop. THAT would be pay2win. selling a GTT that can be resold for ingame currency is NOT pay2win as the token doesnt give you any advantage and the gold you can get for it can be aquired ingame in many other ways.

14. Mexi Horseman

Mexi Horseman Goblin Warlord

they're selling for 18k... even i as a filthy casual can farm 18k/mo pretty quickly to pay for my game time.. Darkfall has now become free to play.. This was one of my favorite parts of EVE.. once I had amassed a fortune i bought years of PLEX to pay for my game time.

TryHard, Crunchbert and BootyEater69 like this.
  15. betalpha

betalpha Goblin Shaman

Shit posters are invited over for a BBQ. I'll take your disrespect as an invitation to finish what you started. Make sure to bring drinks, so I can take a sip after your humiliation. I mean, I expected you to repeat the same logic you were fed at least another 20 times.

Limiting GTT sales per account would allow less of an advantage and people would have more of a reason to be grinding in the world, which promotes conflict.

16. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

No you are,

1. Money today is worth more than money tomorrow, because of both inflation and capital value.
    2. Like gift cards not everything will be used and its almost guaranteed they will sell more than are ever used.
    3. Some people would play less without them, the more people play the more others want to play stimulating pop.
    4. If game is successful future pop will exceed current pop so any loss of future revenues would be offset and only an advantage to have now instead of later.

Sorry you dont understand business....

Neilk, Crunchbert, LRM and 2 others like this.
  17. Darkwulf

Darkwulf Gravelord

So let me get this straight. If you limit GTT sales in game, this will someone give me more time to play so I can be out in the world grinding mobs more?

People selling GTT are people who work a lot and don't have time to get out and grind in the first place, or they wouldn't need to sell GTT because they would already be in game rich with all their free time.

18. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

THE GOLD FOR GTT IS BEING FARMED REGARDLESS SHIT FOR BRAINS. IT DOESNT MAGICALLY APPEAR OUT OF THIN AIR LIKE NORMAL PAY TO WIN METHODS.

TryHard likes this.
  19. Kotic

Kotic Infernal
    Legend

People are dumb. Both the tokens and RMT in my opinion don't hurt the game.(Unless the RMT seller acquired the goods by dupes or some type of exploits)

Anything that is sold for real money, including gold was all farmed by someone at some point and there was time spent on them. None of it magically appears. Same with the tokens, it DOES come in magically, but as someone stated earlier, it also leaves the economy magically after use. Its just a transfer of gold.

20. Mexi Horseman

Mexi Horseman Goblin Warlord

jesus christ you are toxic. i don't think i've ever seen you not spew complete shit out of your mouth.. now you're fucking caps locking out.. relax hombre