Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Disable PvP in NPC Cities

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Invincible Execution, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I still stand behind increasing tower damage significantly AND making it so when you attack a war-dec player (orange) it still flags the person criminal who hit first so there isn't any war-dec griefing in the npc cities. Especially if they make some kind of trade hubs and markets in capitals or npc cities, you don't want to allow consequence-free killing inside these areas.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #81 Wes Furtive, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Invincible Execution likes this.
  2. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

safe zones were huge though, not just the city. also parties running into safe zones to cancel fights were usually people who got ambushed as they were just leaving sai safe zones by people amping the edge. in a few instances player holdings were unfortunately close to the safe zobne area.

also people even abused the duel mechanic to trick people out of tons of gold because this game attracts the dregs of the internet.

I didnt play much UW so its possible some of this chabged however.

3. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Another possibility is causing aggression in capital cities where the markets are.

really I just wanted to edit your post.

4. Invincible Execution

Invincible Execution Varangian Warthane
    Hero

@kilrain Always nice to see you chime in. Do you find this feedback useful at all? I hope it can lead to some much needed improvements, even if none of the ideas were the best solutions.

5. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Yeah it's definitely useful whenever a topic drums up a lot of responses. I think this is an area where we need some improvements, but like Dest I'm reluctant to just remove all PVP within cities. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and thinking about it for sure. Oh and just because we don't respond in a thread doesn't mean we didn't read it or it didn't make some kind of impact. Sometimes we're just too busy to get caught up in writing forum posts.

6. Invincible Execution

Hero

That's very good to hear, it's encouraging to know that. If we are to keep pvp in npc cities, and we agree that the griefing/exploiting needs to stop/be toned down, what do you think about warred clans only being able to fight each other during siege time? Alternatively, what do you think about more severe tower damage in cities that contain player markets? In general I think that tower damage should be lethal and should not stop for a considerable amount of time. Accidental attacks are unfortunate but it's better this way than allowing easy exploitation.

I'm very open to any design that prevents griefing, even a few moderate improvements could mostly fix this issue.​

7. Kaurik

Kaurik Crypt Guard
    Hero

If I recall correctly the UW safe zones were very large areas covering a portion of a tile or several not just the capital itself. Having people go rogue whether orange or not in the city where people are trying to do commerce only makes sense and would be a better solution. War should be a bit more closely linked to siege and pure hatred of the competition not just for griefing people.

8. Ikisis

Ikisis Goblin Warrior
    Legend

Well if you guys make Npc citys safe zones your going to have waves of refunds and youll have the 6 dudes in this thread that want that UW bullshit.
    They can go play Black Desert or Albion Online they ahev safe citys (But both of those games suck and wouldnt have any population if they werent F2P or B2P)
    Nice to see you guys fought so hard to bring back DFO just to make it carebear, We all hated and left and this project was born because of that kinda shittyness from UW.
    But hey its your company to bankrupt.

9. Dagon Raysler

Dagon Raysler Goblin Warrior
    Legend

Maybe War Deccing a clan should not be a fixed price. Make it a sliding scale. War Deccing a clan with 0 holding should be cost prohivitive. While doing the same to (old DFO clan reference) LoD, VAMP or DHW would be cheap. Yes the bigger clans have money, but they didn't get it by making bad business decisions. War dec a 0 holdings clan for 100,000 = very little return on your investment.

Making the REST skill anchor players in place "can" stop a lot of the Capital city/AFK greifing.
    The player would have to actively "REST" not just stand at the back.

10. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Lol, maybe you should highlight the part where I said "reluctant to remove all PVP". I'm more keen on the idea of increased tower damage or maybe more towers near the market in capital cities to deter griefing or trade ganking rather than removing anything. Wars are something that I personally like, but I also understand the concern for new players in new clans getting taken advantage of. We will not make a hasty decision on anything like this that changes so much.
    Also, need I remind you that we are not AV and this is not UW.

11. Ikisis

Ikisis Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I'm well aware you arent AV, Increased tower damage is fine. Im not for promoting griefing but i am for not having people sit in NPC city's dueling all day, Trading 100% safe, Harvesting the city nodes with alts 100% safe, Fight near city's ending in a sprint for the green zone, ect.
    Darkfall is the only Hardcore risky and difficult MMO left on the interwebz.
    "Thinking about it for sure" is making the reluctent statment seem like we want other fix's but if you cry enough maybe we will do it. That is why i highlighted that.

12. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Well then I'm sorry you misinterpreted my statement. It means that the problem that the topic was trying to solve is in thought, it does not mean we will use any mentioned solution.

13. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

You act like people play this game and are interested... Oh its beta? Really? Like for the third time. I love how you mention black desert and its sucks.. a game that has so many fucking people playing it they still have not crunched servers yet... and you THINK its because its F2p LOL. Its actually almost older than this one. There was nothing carebear about UW either ... It worked EXACTLY the same way in DFO other than the fact you could no longer come hither someone out of town.. DFO towers would rape you messing with your aligned races so people normally wouldn't do it.. only griefing dickheads with nothing better to do than try to get your gear as the towers nuked you. You are arguing and damning a feature every game needs for the mere act of griefing.. why else?

Every one here is worried about population.. from the people who started this liscensed version to the players... and yet.. you wanna argue and promote something that has kept this game with lowest population out of damn near every mmo to date.

A lot of people act like this game had a lot of population after na launch. They are lying and they are wrong.

There was a ton of people interested in beta... they played on eu launch.. and started falling off.. na launched and NEVER saw the kind of population eu launch did because of the continental split.. na was actually NEVER very populated.. only the first few months.. cycles nukes patch came out... I think 3-6months after na launch.. that was the nail in the coffin.. then the mount nerf 6 months after that. Game was dead within a year.

So what exactly do you THINK made people leave?

#93 Cincere, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  14. Invincible Execution

Hero

Yep, this is what I don't understand about people. They support features that lead to people quitting the game and act all tough about it. People even think that mounts should be stealable in npc cities, yep, great feature of the game, people are sure to love that. We need to think about the big picture, not just keeping every pointless "hardcore" aka griefing feature in the game.

15. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

My first clan was a roleplaying clan full of casuals and crafters. They loved the constant danger and were totally against safe zones. We had to defend 'our' NPC city to protect our crafters and it kept people in the same spot and made it feel like a home. I will always be strictly against safe zones.

16. Invincible Execution

Hero

It's fine if there are no safe zones, we just need logical solutions to the problems that threaten the population of the game.

#96 Invincible Execution, Oct 26, 2016
    Wes Furtive likes this.
  17. Kaurik

Kaurik Crypt Guard
    Hero

Trying to compare safe zones in UW to a SMALL area of a capital city (literally within the limits of the walls.. not outside the walls, not next to the bindstone outside, and definitely not anywhere near a mob spawn.. the closest spawn to red moon is a goblin spawn about half a click away.. and as far as harvesting nodes goes.. theres 1 single ore node in red moon.. if your worried about someone safely gathering it.. well all I can say is that poor newbie will just have to learn to deal with it and maybe you should too if all you want to do is grief poor newbies all day).

As far as people safely crafting in the capital cities, you could disable all of the workstations in the capitals, leave the npcs obviously to buy their skills, but you could remove the workstations and add in player vendor stalls that you rent out for a day. When it fills up in all the trade hubs then you just wait a few hours or whatever til one opens up. Have someone run on foot literally 30 seconds to a starter city where there is no safe zone to do their crafting. Make the capital a place to buy skills and do trade and commerce. I don't understand why you people think it's ok to have your clan "laws" outweigh that of a race's national capital laws. Your in the city of a race, governed by that race, and your clans laws should not allow you to bypass their laws of civility in a place meant for newbies and trading goods.

You want to hound newbies around their capitals all day more power to you but I hate to break it to you but your probably the reason the game never kept a population in the first place.

UW Safe zones were freaking humongous and covered several spawns and areas and starter cities whereas I am asking people to consider allowing a safe place inside the walls where they are going to put market boards or player vendors or whatever they are planning on implementing. If there is a massive trade gankfest because people didn't have the foresight to see that the system was built to be abused in it's current state then you need to wake up because that will cause newbies to quit just as badly as it did in DFO when they were getting ganked trying to kill goblins.

#97 Kaurik, Oct 26, 2016
  18. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

I'm kind of confused why people instantly started comparing it to the apparent massive safezones in UW when nothing even remotely similar was mentioned.

Is it so bad to let people relax in the NPC cities themselves?

Wars can still happen and that's fine and all but i'm just worried about the griefing itself which happens through funhulks, slowly pulling out an afk to a spawn or even just having a group of nakeds mow someone down for their crafting mats and let the odd man out loot.

My only suggestion towards changing the wardeck system is tie it to holdings or vastly increase what is required to wardeck in terms of clans that can be affected.

Minimum players count for the wardeckers and the victims to be issued a war, holdings would automatically circumvent this requirement etc. Small clans that aren't tied to holdings or alliances could avoid being harassed and victimized by griefers in this way.

I don't think it currently works this way but wardecking a clan should also wardeck their entire alliance as well. (No additional costs)

19. Sentius Nox

Sentius Nox Skeleton Archer
    Legend

How is this thread still going on when BPG already responded in the second page. xD

mrW likes this.
  20. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

It doesn't need any of that.. they need to turn the damn towers back to normal and leave it the way it was... very few cities you could get away with come hithering someone out. As it was... a few people couldn't take the city and hold up to the towers.. but a group actually could.

Anyone fighting the fact it needs to remain the same... is just a retard promoting yet more grief for less population.. people are not gonna waste time with that.. this game is really not that appealing 12 years later. It was fine in DFO.. no reason to fuck with it at all.

War decking had its quirks with the aliies fighting against neutrals... was pretty mixed up as well but gives you the option for hire and just being rogue. That was something people worked out usually and wasn't so much an issue.

Everyone has their own opinions.. I stand to leave as it is and make it a little easier.. most want this game to be more grief and the majority are not gonna waste time with it. That's why the word "niche" keeps being brought up.. but its more like.. people are not gonna waste the time over the grind and grief to deal with all of that.

I say leave the game as it was.. boost the fuck out of loot.. and "tweak" from there. Not nerf, add graphics upgrades or any addition to pve crap. You pve to get what you need the rest should be pvp, naval and seiging. That is this games content.