Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Akathar Update Hotfix Patch Notes - February 7th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neilk, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Yep, that's a different issue and something we can look at if the majority think it's a problem.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Battle Smurf, Blaze and The Red King like this.
  2. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

How the hell was there a success chance to gank? I don't recall ever 'fizzling' one that didn't involve fucked up hit boxes that was fixed by moving the wiggled guy. Was it something that was not fully implemented or was it just broken the entire time?

Slayven and Battle Smurf like this.
  3. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Looking at the function it's called Gank Success Rate, it doesn't look like it was used. Not from the end point of DFO where our code history starts at least.

4. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Loyal Legend

Pretty sure you need line of sight (and to be close enough) at a specific point in the animation which is like halfway through. Past that it doesn't matter if you look away/get knocked up/whatever, the other half of the animation is just there to keep you from moving.

5. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

They need to make it where if you are not basically on top of the guy, it fails. So many times I’ve ganked someone by getting knocked up pretty high up and I’m not even close to him and the gank still goes off cause I’m keeping los

Battle Smurf likes this.
  6. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Regardless I still say gank is too fast and needs to take .5 or 1 second longer, perhaps put it to a vote?

A lot of people have said this and complained as well as the issue where you DO manage to fireball a guy and the gank still goes off.

I know for certain gank took a little longer in UW I just compared it side by side in videos

Thanks for looking into this though it was one of the little things that really annoyed me.

There needs to be time for counterplay and it should be a risk to go for a gank/ revive because of how big a deal it is, just face tanking with no strategy or major consequences and still getting it off is lame and does happen quite a lot.

Neilk likes this.
  7. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Gank is fine to me. If I die which I die a lot I deserve to get ganked if my buddy doesn’t know to throw a fireball or begone at them.

NonFactor likes this.
  8. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

The gank going off even though you've been pushed off I believe all has to do with the way the animations are. Revive the animation is done immediately on first cast, gank there is the follow-through at the end which means if you fill the timer bar before you get knocked away you'll execute it. Once executed it doesn't matter what happens to your character as the gank has already succeeded it's just the animation going through the motions.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  9. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

uw gank was slow. thats why heavies were mostly the ones doing it under pressure.

i say, be glad its not as quick as any br game.