Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Akathar Update Patch Notes - December 16th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Agon Herald, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

upload_2019-12-18_20-25-20.png

upload_2019-12-18_20-27-13.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Ibis

Ibis Goblin Warlord
    Staff Member Game Master

Please stay on topic or we will be forced to exclude people from the discussion

Featherbeans likes this.
  3. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Loyal Legend

First impressions after playing patch for a few hours:
    +Good variety of dye colors to choose from
    +Dyed armor can actually look pretty cool
    +New textures look great
    +Glyphs make houses/holdings somewhat more valuable (for those of us who would bind alts at chaos stones to farm/scout anyway)
    +Everyone having Sanguine as capital recall makes sense, makes the game feel more alive. On the flipside though, you'll never see anyone at the other capital cities.
    +Repeatable tasks and their rare drops look cool, though if those rares are too rare people won't do them for long
    +Water looks better

-People in general don't understand the research system and it doesn't make sense that 2 bone chests are as good as 1 infernal piece for research
    -You should perhaps make it more obvious that some of the dyes and crafting mats are on vendors, and that you get fish oil from cooking
    -Remote crafting should include schematics
    -Somewhat tangential but remote crafting should go back to showing cooking/smelting, even if they're blocked, so we can look up recipes without being at an oven/camp fire
    -Dyed armor can look really stupid, but that's part of being able to customize things I guess
    -From the little farming I've done so far, drop rates are kind of terrible
    -Players who were bound at a chaos stone before the patch haven't been kicked
    -Capital area
    -1 champion in capital area, 5 champions in blue area, but no way to get 110 pots inside a blue area (except maybe the rare chance from daily quests), though I didn't go to the actual spawns to check their status (going off of the patch map)

Honestly I don't want to deal with a flagging system that is probably buggy and exploitable so I'm just going to stay away from lawful areas. Call me jaded.

Overall the patch is nice but it's not TCS and I think that's why a lot of us are not super excited about it.

Do you honestly expect them to moderate GM Peeping Tom's posts? Get real.

4. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member Team B Lifetime

@Volfen Thank you very much for your detailed feedback.

5. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

?!
    This map was changed already or it's just a color naming mishap?
    upload_2019-12-18_22-28-45.png

What happens to a peaceful blue player downed by a mob in a capital blue area?
    Does the player auto ress at the end of the induction or is the player sent to the bindstone?
    (it should auto ress in these conditions in my humble opinion)

P.S.: I like that the map you used to show us the zones use the original OG names instead of Wolf Dale, Sarthain etc...

P.S.2 (beyond the patch): is it considered toxic to ask why you don't make a Pot cooldown Icon or let players change their crosshair.
    The current crosshair is insufficient. Just allowing us to make it bigger and change color would be appreciated...
    upload_2019-12-18_23-2-46.png

#85 Featherbeans, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  6. Agon Herald

Agon Herald Goblin Warrior
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Nope, the map in the news is the same map provided by Kilrain in the PTS discussions. It's probably still in the PTS thread somewhere.

The player would respawn at their bind, house or closest bindstone depending what they choose.

Those are good ideas, very likely we already have them noted down somewhere. Will forward it to development.

7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Know how many times I have read "Update paves the way forward with some systems that might not seem interesting on the surface but will completely change the game moving forward"
    A lot, I remember the persistence update going back to right before launch and then having a horrible launch and losing hundreds if not thousands of players because servers would crash and delete 30 min to hours of work and time invested, sure we got a big "we are sorry" excuse but that just doesn't cut it. So you keep saying "this is the patch that will make it easier for us to patch more" yet it takes a year to see a major patch and then still not adding in the things people have asked for since beta.
    --- Post updated ---
    wait so you are upset that you do not get to pvp with 0 risk while getting 100% reward when fighting anyone else not blue?

Battle Smurf, Featherbeans and Sero like this.
  8. Rochus

Rochus Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

The game ceashed 3 times without any error message or notification, one second i was ingame and the second later i was looking at my desktop, when i logged back in i spawned where i was revived the last time although i didn't die

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  9. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

This is rare but with a big patch so recently it makes it more common for a few days, it will be back to normal soon I'm sure

10. Sameog

Sameog Undead Dwarf
    Legend

Are you guys still working on improving the tutorial?

11. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

when all the vets are gone. soon

Sero and Marxman like this.
  12. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

Rofl. Why do you guys lie so much?

I can't even count on my hands and toes how many times the server has crashed in the past year.

Keep wearing those rose tinted glasses.

Scrubby Bear, Sero and Featherbeans like this.
  13. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

game r dye

Squanto and Sero like this.
  14. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

Afraid to try it, but I've heard dyes are excruciatingly slow to farm. 15 min cool down each glue and slime. Each pigment? Can you please make it quick and easy? Or relatively faster? C'mon bruh. Thank you.

Sameog likes this.
  15. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

He's not talking about a server crash, he's talking about a client crash.

16. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Wait what? Can someone elaborate on this please?
    --- Post updated ---
    Your daily repeatable tasks should not be "Possible rare reward." They should always give a bonus reward and select an item from an item pool with rarer rewards such as 110/120 stat pots, a stack of 10 pshards, etc.

#96 Sero, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    The Red King likes this.
  17. Agon Herald

Agon Herald Goblin Warrior
    Staff Member BPG Representative

There was a great idea to make daily tasks give a kind of token which can be exchanged at a vendor, or through an interface, for a choice of rewards. That would be ideal, and could springboard other changes like introducing this to dungeon dailies - however there's no ETA on this it's just something that was brought up in discussion.

The drops for dye items is still off, fixes are being patched in during maintenance down times, Kilrain replied on this topic in another thread.

Marxman likes this.
  18. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

np

19. Raap

Raap Windlord

You misunderstood me. What I saw as potential in these yellow zones, was a way to play RoA - PvP included - without each death equaling hours of PvE grinding, providing that said death occurred in the yellow zone.

... Which obviously also includes not looting armor within the yellow zone. I'm not sure how you're jumping to the conclusion that I somehow expect to lose nothing but to gain everything, that is some curious mental gymnastics.

Red flagged players dropping everything is a choice - a price for killing everyone on sight regardless of alignment. Something this game severely lacked until now. I suspect a majority of players will be blue/neutral if RoA ever picks up again.

Mimitis TheOne, MaxiHori and Sameog like this.
  20. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

It should be like UO though, if a yellow or a blue attacks a red, he goes gray to the red and the red can kill the yellow or the blue and loot them. If the red is risking his loot, so should the blue or the yellow if they decide to challenge the red.