Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Akathar Update Patch Notes - December 16th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Agon Herald, Dec 16, 2019.

1. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

I could see this working if it was more than just a single hit maybe 2 hits within 30 seconds? That way just jumping in front of a single attack wouldn't trigger it straight away.

The Red King likes this.
  2. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

The red/grey/blue system of UO had it perfect the system kept blue players safe so long as they did not attack a red or commit a crime, it punished reds by making them attackable by anyone but so long as they did not attack they could slowly work their way into being blue again, but they were allowed TO DEFEND themselves without taking further penalty. The current system in roa and ever since they changed the flag system is and has been severely broken and will remain so based on the though process I see here.
    I still do not see a path where this game gains any real steam to continue and as much as I loved Df I do believe it is on its last leg.

Dum Dum and The Red King like this.
  3. Dylan

Dylan Goblin Warrior

As a player who started out brand new, with never playing any previous retail or fan-based projects for reviving Darkfall online - I can say my experience was fairly tame as a new player.

I'm not going to speak of mechanics or know-how on the game, but from what I -experienced- players didn't come and ruthlessly camp / murder my friends. Were there people who played at the time who'd probably do that? Sure. But did it happen? No. Hell, we got killed plenty of times and lost all of our stuff but we came to the game knowing it would be like that.

I can understand new players and blue zones. But partial loot is kind of wack. Why not just have safezones, then let everything else be hands off.

I don't really agree with the zone / stance / PvP looting changes. It just seems like it drove away the people who were still playing further away.

I was looking to try out the game again but now I'm not sure if it's worth the effort or not. Anyone who is still playing want to provide a noob with some insight what it's been like in-game?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

When did you play?

If this game had the population we all want it to players would be eating each other alive at every spawn imaginable. So much so that it would be impossible to progress. It might be fun for the first little bit, but after a while stuff like that gets in the way.

Partial loot isn't something I like either. I'm a firm believer of all or nothing, but then what would an intermediate zone have? Should there even be an intermediate zone between the total safe zone and the higher tier? Tough to say with the pop we have now, but things like this are meant to keep lesser skilled players from getting dumpstered to the point of exhaustion from the game.

5. Dylan

Dylan Goblin Warrior

I played around the beginning of this year. December 2018 to like January 2019. I REALLY loved the game and everything about it, just no one was playing it.

And yeah. Like I explained to my friend, I don't necessarily hate the zone changes. I think it just came out a little too late and at the wrong time. It seemed like there was other stuff people wanted focus on, that have yet to been touched. But I personally come from a game where full loot was just always a thing no matter where you were.

So getting killed and being looted didn't bother me so much, I could see other people taking issue with it for sure. Being camped also wouldn't be entirely fun but it is what it is.

Korag likes this.
  6. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Welcome to Darkfall, smfh.

Oh yea, make no mistake. Things like this should have been in place before the game even launched. This game launched without a MARKETPLACE and portal chambers/runebooks. Can you believe that?

7. Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson Goblin Warrior

DYLAN IS THAT YOU FROM VIRGIN SQUAD ITS LEE I Will help you out with the game again np my dude

8. Dylan

Dylan Goblin Warrior

That's actually fucked haha. Hey at least we can dye our armor now though, right?

That's me! I was thinking of getting my friends to play again but they're kind of afraid of trying to play a game with no one. As weird as it might sound I kind of just want to play the game cause I enjoy it, and if I run into people - I run into people, if I don't then oh well. I'll just play till I get bored and move on again.

Sucks though. The other 'alternative' to hardcore games are slim and few, and the next closest choice is Mortal Online which is just far worse in way of mechanics, bugs, players, etc.

#108 Dylan, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Sero likes this.
  9. Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson Goblin Warrior

just tell em that we will give it a shot again

10. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

This may be a minor point compared to some other issues, but WTF on the pigment drop rates?

Is this just another PVE grind in a game that's supposed to be primarily a PVP game and that has boring PVE?

Methodico and MaxiHori like this.