Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Akathar Update Patch Notes - January 24th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neilk, Jan 24, 2020.

1. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

None of this would matter if there was more reason and opportunity to PVP, and it was more balanced. If it were, that's all people would do.

2. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

can u guys revert it? it was as predictable a mistake.

def no one is doing leesnpar or forest golem or dark dragon in group.. ppl still doing it solo but now its more annoying since u need to avoid a bunch of shit mobs during the process.

also tasks were nice with 30 kills

50 and 100 is just awful. @Billy Lee PLEASE?

#82 NonFactor, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Methodico and Kantor like this.
  3. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

I know people doing it in groups :), beside just pull the mobs if u solo easy life

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

i watched ur video.

the point here is: the large majority of ppl who still killing it do it solo.... but now since u need to avoid dumb mobs for 10 minutes its even more annoying than before (ur vid at theyril golem show exactly this)

its one more bad change that make the gameplay worse. it should be reverted.

ask them to tell you how many minions tasks were completed... :D

Methodico likes this.
  5. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

The only reason the thyril golem was hard was because their was an extra spawn accidentally added, its always been snowclan there its w/e xD

6. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

I mean when the game is populated there is a crazy amount of PvP. The complete lack of PvP in the current game is a reflection of the poor population. The population is poor because the game lacks content, especially non combat content that gives bad and low skill players ways to enjoy the game. When the only content is pvp the game works like a refinery slowly converting 1000 newbies/low skill players/casuals into 1 pvp hardened vet. Its unsustainable and will always result in a low pop game that has pretty much only competent to elite players left.

Incanuth Archbane likes this.
  7. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

What's wrong with PVP being the only content? Some of the most popular video games in the world are strictly PVP. The problem is lack of balance. When 1 pvp hardened vet can shit on 1000 casual players, 100% of the time, it's no fun for them and they quit, until the only people playing are the pvp-gods, making it even less attractive for new players to stick around.

MaxiHori likes this.
  8. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Open world games always suffer from the same things. Even planetside 2, which has no real persistence or rpg elements to it suffers from some of the same issues. The 'goods' seek out 'bads' that they can slay as many of as possible. The bads eventually get tired of getting destroyed by far more talented players. The talented players infrequently fight each other because then egos take a hit and its just not as economically productive to fight a bunch of 50-50 fights when you can take guaranteed wins. The issue isn't in the skill ceiling being so high that its possible for talented players to be raid bosses. Its that there isn't anything that encourages talented players to fight other talented players and nothing that punishes them from farming hordes of casuals. Its easy to fix that for villages, any upcoming duel/arena system and even dungeons, but open world is where the issues are much less easy to address without violating the sandbox nature of the game. The easiest solution in that regard is to simply make the game fun even when you have to fear elite players. Ultima Online did a great job of this by providing so many activities that were non combat but still fun or allowed artistic talents to show. The economy was also scaled in a way that losing a gear set was a lot less painful and easier to recover from than DFO/RoA when you compare what is 'viable' gear wise and how easy/hard it is to replace.

There are other mechanics that could be added such as a revenant system that allows players to que up to spawn as a enraged spirit that is spawned when a blue is pked to try and get elites more involved in protecting casuals and to make random pking less worth it since you then have a chance to also have to fight a pvp oriented player. But even this doesn't address clan warfare. There really isn't any way to balance lopsided clan wars such as elites vs zergs or even perfectly matched wars that grind until both sides quit. Best you can really do is add mechanics that allow a side to give up and trade a few random holdings for a set duration of siege invulnerability and peace (no war dec take alignment hits if the fighting continues). Force people to rotate targets more often and try to keep things from ever settling down into pure set in stone boring alliances that don't change for years.

9. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Why would you want to reduce the number of sieges? That's supposed to be the best part of the game.

MaxiHori likes this.
  10. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

Were you a part of the 2 back to back server wars? sieges get boring really quick. Pvp is the best part of the game. Sieges is just one way to get it actively atm.

11. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

I have been a part of many server wars. It never ends well even for the winning side going all the way back to the first hyperion wars of DFO. It rapidly becomes a contest about who can make the game less fun for the other side. The back to back sieges rapidly become more of a job than a fun game and both sides start bleeding actives as people quit logging in because they are tired of sieges, siege prep and not having freedom to do what they want with their game time. The goal isn't even to reduce the number of sieges, but spread them out both in frequency and targets. Most server wars are an orgy of sieges between only 2 sides that rapidly become unfun, followed by a complete lack of sieges for a long time. I think it would also do the game a lot of good to force different targets from time to time to try and shake up politics more often.

12. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Sieges are boring because they're poorly designed. Full stop. They don't have to be boring or a pain in the butt.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  13. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

how would sieges be fun and not boring?

14. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I have written extensively on this in the past, maybe ill go dig it up.

But one way is to have multiple objectives/ stages DURING the siege time that REQUIRE a warhulk

Shard holders, reasons to split your force, territory control towers (that have auto defense/zap that must be powered/ maintained with resources by the owning clan) outside the city that must be breached with a warhulk/ boat before the stone, ect , make it require multiple win conditions/ objectives for BOTH sides... not just stone breaking

Adding logistical requirements is another thing I have talked about as well as defeating the city defenders via attrition. For example once a siege starts ONLY the people in the clan who own the city can bind to it, ally clan members get kicked off to the nearest clan/ally/ npc city so if they die they have to regear run back and bypass the attackers.

There could be caravan/ warhulk components for the attackers

The alliance/ war/ political system needs to be entirely redone with actual consequences for allying and deallying and a time and or gold cost for doing so. Cap Clan numbers to a specific amount which requires upkeep to go beyond. Cap clans to 1 SG and 3 generals and give more perks to those ranks. Have the political mechanics designate 1 clan as the "alliance leader" give them more power/ perks, add a clan/ alliance tax system and a territory control tax system that sends x% of all loot from mobs/villages/ nodes ect to the aforementioned watch tower....

All that is off the top of my head, if BPG will actually listen to me I'll go into detail, but it's, fucking obvious the current siege/ politics system is dogshit and there are tons of ways to improve it as well as solve many other problems at the same time

#94 Battle Smurf, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  15. N4K3D 4F41R

N4K3D 4F41R Goblin Scout

If you wanna be better: practise, become better.
    Whoever is afraid to fail does not deserve to be successful.

I've never seen anyone complain after getting aced by a player in Counterstrike - and hey, CS is one of the most popular videogame out there and it's just PVP.

Get good and stop eating at taco bell.

A li mortacci tua.

The Red King likes this.
  16. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

And do you grind for gear in cs?

could you get denied spawns to get said gear in cs?

how long does it take to get a fight in cs?

when you die in cs, how long until you can get back in the fight ?

do some people’s bullets hurt more in cs than others?

I like comparing apples and potato chips too.

Chantree and MaxiHori like this.
  17. N4K3D 4F41R

N4K3D 4F41R Goblin Scout

Yes I do grind for gear in CS.
    I buy keys that will give me skins (differently colored weapons... like dyes).
    Or I use pistols to kill enemies so I can loot their rifles.
    I can't buy the big guns right away, I gotta manage my economy.
    I gotta grind... And there is no vault where I can store my stuff.
    But the big grind in CS is not for gear, it's for skill, nothing will be offered to you in a plate of apples or french fries. You gotta play and learn. The devs are not gonna help ya.
    NEXT QUESTION!

Yes I can get denied spawns to get said gear.
    If I have a bad spawn and an enemy gets to the place before I do, I have to be competitive to get the job done.
    And I have no means of teletransportation. I cannot use runes to go to said gear.
    NEXT QUESTION!

It's quick to get a fight in CS
    I'll give you that.
    NEXT QUESTION!

When I die it depends on what kind of CS I am playing to know when I can be back.
    If it's competitive, just a couple of minutes maximum.
    But if it's the danger zone mode it could be more.
    NEXT QUESTION!

Yes, some people's bullets hurt more than other peep.
    Bullets are projectiles but not every projectile is a bullet.
    Nevertheless, the projectiles used by USPs do less damage than the ones used on AK-47s.
    Also, the damage dealt depends on where in the player hitbox the bullets are landing.
    Also, distance to the target alters damage dealt.
    You gotta aim to be better, there is no tab targetting. Headshots do more damage.
    NEXT QUESTION!
    Oh there aren't none left.

Welcome to my freeze dried apple chip wrap up.

When you have more questions like these I'll be glad to enlighten your life.
    (and stop eating apples at taco bell)

#97 N4K3D 4F41R, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  18. Methodico

Methodico Fire Elemental

Who are you? :D

MaxiHori likes this.
  19. N4K3D 4F41R

N4K3D 4F41R Goblin Scout

"Un lupo nero che da un bacino a un agnellino"... :D