Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Baradron Update Patch Notes - April 3rd, 2020 - Land Fortress

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ibis, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Ibis

Ibis Dire Zombie
    Staff Member Game Master

2. Ryco Stormeye

Ryco Stormeye Crypt Guard

Some quick feedback on the patch. The spawn you moved the Gardoroc too was a Black Lord/Hooded One spawn. This spawn which you removed was the one Black Lord Spawn in the open world not in a dungeon. Please can you add back a Black Lord/Hooded One spawn back in the center. I suggest at the Shroud Knight spawn in the North Center. Shroud knights are a Q2 mob and not needed in the Center

3. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

land towers giving an enchantment sounds pretty dope. so it lasts until the next tower is captured?

seems like a pretty good objective before sieges to ensure the clan gets an extra enchant slot on their gear if they dont have to use a feather or stam efficiency or would people opt to try out casting time/spell duration on staves some more if they don't need the mana eff. enchant?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

So much of your own crafted and enchanted gear is stockpiled usually. Not to mention stuff you loot, all having enchants already.

I guess for now people just have to prepare 2 or maybe even 3 variants of gearbags if they plan on always controlling it.
    Definitely will help some newer players put a bag together if they're a part of a clan controlling it.

Active every day is a nice stone and sulfur sink / Black Powder sink - depending on its HP I suppose.
    (Hopefully no mobs are dropping pre-crafted powder in bulk at least)

Decent chunk of content there in that patch. Curious to see how it progresses and what effects it has.

Territory system slowly being pieced together. I hope you plan on creating rewards and upkeep/ownership costs based on adjacency expansion. Make clans centralize initially and then expand via pathways through villages, to their next targets. Force clans to have border expansion as the most cost efficient and fun way to gain territory.. Ofcourse still allow someone to siege any holding at any time, but at maximum price.
    So if you control all adjacent villages to your target, you get the maximum discount. If you control a direct path (supply line) from one of your own holdings, it should be even cheaper still. This will look great on the world map once it gets updated to display it too :disappointed:

You can probably enhance racial bonuses, but apply them to clans as a single entity, based on the race of their declared capital holding. (Not sure if you are planning to, or already have, implemented declaring a capital city yet, for discount on Platinum and whatnot)

Dwarven capital gives all owned dwarven blacksmith crafting stations even more added durability, faster craft speed and some other shit, I dunno but you get the idea.

5. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Good job BPG, keep it up!

I have wanted increased required use of warhulks for so many years, and the landtower and reduced mat cost is a great help.

Now get territory control and work on item sinks/ risk vs reward (wearing low dura practically worthless high tier gear should NOT be as effective as full/ high dura gear, there needs to be some kind of drawback or increased risk for using scroach dura gear)

Also there is a reason both EvE and Albion destroy SOME of the equipped items on gank (EvE actually even has it so there is a chance some INVENTORY stuff gets destroyed) that's why they have a better in game economy over 16 years than many real world countries.

Not only would this slow down average viable gear bag rank increases, but it would force more people to go out and farm/ fight over stuff more often which = more pvp and more organic/ meaningful fights, it would also increase reward for the people willing to risk the more rare/ expensive ranks of gear

Think about it, is it really fair that you can gank someone (or multiple someones), loot them, and then get zerged down by that persons friends who then get EVERYTHING back from guy you ganked+ ALL your stuff?

I say NO, the person who got ganked should have a 25%-50% chance per item to be destroyed on gank, not only will this help the economy and promote activity...

But it will ALSO ensure that even the LOSING side of any engagement or siege will take some damage (assuming someone on their side got ganked) EVEN IF the winning side clears the field and and Kills the guy who ganked and looted their dead player/s

This means less 1 sided demoralizing STOMPS (arguably the biggest problem in DF) because the losers can take something away from the fact that they DID actual damage to hurt the winners some too.

Also with this mechanic you further increase the risk vs reward component in PvP (are you still going to risk that Dragon bag in a group fight/ siege if you know that if you get focus fired/ ganked 25% of it will be gone even if your buddies kill the guy who ganked you? Are you still going to take such aggressive Leeroy Jenkins risks? Will this change how the people you're fighting react?)

See how much a 25% destruction chance per item on gank adds to gameplay? The new variables it introduces?

#5 Battle Smurf, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  6. Chantree

Chantree Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Legend

No.
    This game has plenty of risk absolutely no reason to increase it.

Please BPG just focus on completing embers of war, thanks.

Methodico likes this.
  7. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Not an argument, nor did you even read my post or comprehend it's various points

8. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

Do you play yet? (Jk I know you've been playing all along)

Methodico likes this.
  9. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

10. Methodico

Methodico Winterbound

This!

11. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

There is 0 risk in this game, gear is far to easy to get to the point that it being full loot is almost pointless, if people played this game like other mmos are played every1 would have banks stacked with q5/q6 dragon r70/r80s. RoA has gone way to much towards an arena style game.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  12. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

I have yet to see you at any vcps fetality, you are not getting out of there with your gear.

13. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I mean I have not played in a really long time, and the times I did play I only ever played for like a week at a time, the point is I have hardly played RoA and my bank is stacked. If we use bdo as an example, I played that 2 or 3 times since its released, I have prob grinded 2-3x the amount in bdo than roa and gotten hardly anywhere in bdo and I would have to die so many times without looting any1 to even worry about gear in RoA.

I am trying to make the point that RoA was suppose to be an MMO in which loot actually mattered, but after probably 4-6 weeks of reasonable farming I have everything I need for ages, and lets not forget that 1-2 weeks of that was spent cotton farming and I have spent loads on cotton and its now useless.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  14. Chantree

Chantree Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Legend

Destro takes a lot more effort to keep up on bags than a self buffing mage.
    Maybe bone armor should take dragon bone to craft.

Raap and Mea Kulpa like this.
  15. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Well they are suppose to fix this with robes but they never added it to the game, a destro can get by on full plate which is really easy to make. Your right infernal isn't that easy to make, but if people played this game like an actual mmo they would have tonns of the stuff.

16. Raap

Raap Wildtribe Mage

Destro in FP is 'suicide trash bag' (valued at around 25k). The gear imbalance has been a very long standing problem in RoA, made worse when the decision was made to re-add self buffs. They were making progress towards an armor overhaul but some people voting on a poll back in 2018 was more important in BPG's eyes. I'll never understand the thought behind some of those decisions.

Porch and Chantree like this.