Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Baradron Update Patch Notes - March 19th, 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neilk, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Fresh

Fresh Goblin Warrior
    Legend

@Neilk why not make cities with mine and or wonders cost more for maintenance? Do you think long march is as valuable as alberworth or Hal kali as valuable as frost coast?

The Red King and Smile like this.
  2. Smile

Smile Skeleton Archer

Oh please guys. Half of the map is partial loot now. All human lands turned into safe zone. Stop bitching, be fair.

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Goblin Scout

On the other hand, if you have ND solution, if you overreached on holdings, the only way to recover is to make an alt clan and siege yourself to keep the desired holdings. If you were on your limit, you would need alt clans to siege hostile holdings for fun, thus killing activity once there is no influx of new active to your clan.

------------------

ND also made ALL ACTIVITIES that yield meditation to yield platinum, because they wanted ACTIVITY to upkeep holdings and NOT TOP PVP SKILLS. It's still possible to edit weeklies/dailies and add platinum to those barely used, same with dungeon quests. I suggest 1 platinum / 250 meditation to start with = 10-20 platinum per daily dungeon, double on islands.

----------------------

It's a good start all in all, a bit tough on costs and bad balance. Currently the most valuable holdings are the Hamlets with a mine due to value/cost ratio.

4. Smile

Smile Skeleton Archer

Yep, job of a dev is not easy. I'm not saying that what ND did was perfect, all I'm saying is that there might be a problem. They need to find a solution.

5. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Nah, best holdings are wonders cities with mines. It’s a joke they don’t cost more lol

Wonder cities with mines / wonder cities / cities with mines / hamlets with mines should all cost more than shitty cities with nothing.

They could possibly fix this by have groves drop all the different woods but then it takes people out of the world. Remove groves from all cities with mines. Could do this for farms also, drop a lot of dye mats and put in cities / hamlets with no grove or mines making all cities / hamlets valuable. Downside is it takes people out of the world.....

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Goblin Scout

2k vs 750 for a wonder. Only raises 1 stat and not above max. Is it really worth 3x the active farm? That is subjective, I wouldn't bother personally or have 3 hamlets with mines for the cost if I could.

7. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Most players are capped at 110 stats if they have grinded or bought 110 pots, for the people who have done the 120 grind their arent that many, so say you only have 110, but have a wonder, you save around 100k-250k*10, so you save around 1m-2.5m per wonder per person in your clan. They add up

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    The Red King likes this.
  8. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

These are good changes...but you guys are adding more bugs to the game. It's riddled with bugs that EVERYTHING I do in game has some kinda bug going on with it. Here's some that's happen in the last few days.

Everything I log in I logged into the middle of the ocean?? Even if I log out in a city.
    Getting stuck inside the walls of my house. Getting dropped off the side of the cliff when I port in.
    Can kill/gank blue people in sang without towers going off.
    Can use all blue cities as hostile.
    The western taloc shit show?? What the hell was that about? Even shut down the server.
    Demond lord spamming more then one message.
    Can bug myself to be bound to chaos stones.
    Falling inside the world atleast once a day....the landscape just has missing pieces.. I saw Nightmare pass through muti walls yesterday ( he did not know ) cause he was some kinda bugged?
    Removed chaos stones after people bound there. So know they're bugged into my book.
    Good floating fence outside Sang? How'd that get there?
    The WHOLE siege shit is just out of control bad. We lost a siege, had the server shut down, and had libs telling us nonsense where still no one knows how the fuck sieges work. "Healing Battlespikes" "That first 200 spikes are Healing spikes" What the hell are those?
    I understand that you guys couldn't put more health or some shit. But the battle spikes were not haeling it...we would stop spiking and it would heal back to full...so really no idea what you guys had done.
    The whole alignment is shit....like literally shit...doesn't work, doesn't make sense, and I guess we just don't care?
    Invisible mobs killing mounts lol.
    Logging in and falling below the world. YOU CANT EVEN LOG OUT.

I suggest spending a few weeks fixing all this stuff..I think it was about 3 weeks ago I was ban and I could still do it. Nothing was changed. On top of all this we have shady devs.

#28 JEDIMind, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    Mea Kulpa likes this.
  9. Ibis

Ibis Dire Zombie
    Staff Member Game Master

Yes its a bug and we confirmed that. We have a internal task on getting it fixed and a guy looking into it.

Server shutdown due to a database error not related to the siege at all

Not a bug anyone have mentioned or reported so hard for us to get aware of it and even harder for us to fix it when no one reports it.. which you should

That fence.. its cursed!
    it was moved by a mistake when i added the portals in sanguine but our world builder is really old and it was moved with a mistake that one is on me, i have tried to fix it a few time but as i said.. its cursed!

I tried to put it in a nice way..

the way its all coded is each thing in the game has its own file where things are defined such as Health and this is what the game use to show you the Health bar
    we then added a system on top of it (Invul / Inactive / active timer)
    when a holding is invul it then flag the assets as invul, can't take damage, when its inactive assets then have another 25% life added on top of it normal life, but this doesn't add the life to the life in the file so the game doesn't show the extra 25% hp with the health bar and this is where the "healing spikes" comes in, like with the western taloc siege.. you complained over the bank healed when you spiked it and you couldn't kill it..
    it was in inactive time so the bank had 25000 hp instead of 20000 hp so the first 5000 damage you will do it will make it so the health bar will keep update to full life make it looks like it heals
    once you have done 5000 damage it will then show the damage in the health bar without resetting

5000 damage with battlespikes of a avg of 17 damage is about 300, you guys used i think you said 250 and then gave up
    its really just a visual glitch but we are working on a fix as well for this issue

10. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

upload_2020-3-20_7-44-39.png
    Why do you even lie?

SuB ZeRo likes this.
  11. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Yeah, 90% of the holdings being flattened is definitely the right way to go.
    --- Post updated ---
    I noticed this bug on PTS, but there was no PTS thread for the patch, and nowhere logically to report it.

12. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

All this stuff was fixed in Baradron patch, it's in the notes.

13. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

So everything is working as intended?

14. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

Lol yeah there are tons of bugs in game that have been reported multiple times that never get fixed. Welcome to darkfall.

15. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Actually it IS you smart ass.

If there isn't enough population or activity to maintain the upkeep on the holdings it is GOOD they be flattened, that prevents city mine inflation and consolidates the playerbase.

Don't want your holdings flattened? Log in, leave your fucking city, and farm/ do villages.
    --- Post updated ---
    Having to rebuild cities would be a good thing for the economy, resource sink.

The Red King, Thrill Kill and Blaze like this.
  16. Smile

Smile Skeleton Archer

No reason to rebuild if the strongest clan can take it very next day just to flatten it again deliberately.

Up to this point to flatten a holding you would have to siege it as many times as there are buildings (i think the limit is one structure per siege). Now you just take it and wait. Much easier. Also in the past there was really no reason to not keep the holding for yourself. Now there are the same reasons to take it from enemies but there is a cost to keep it, so you know how it will probably end.

Cost of building a city vs cost of a siege has always been stupidly imbalanced. But at least all you have put into the city was still there to be taken back. Not any more.

Just to be clear - I like the change a lot, it just needs few tweaks.

#36 Smile, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  17. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

There are better ways to prevent "mine inflation" (assuming that's even a valid goal) short of flattening cities.

Consolidating the players can be (and is) accomplished by consolidating areas of interest where players play, not where they bank stare.

People should be incentivized to leave their cities because doing so will be interesting, not to grind away mindlessly.

18. Hillbilly55

Hillbilly55 Goblin Scout

agree with rap

basically just copy ND system already, im sure someone can explain all it's details

0 faith in these devs designs

19. Fresh

Fresh Goblin Warrior
    Legend

@Neilk why not make cities with mine and or wonders cost more for maintenance? Do you think long march is as valuable as alberworth or Hal kali as valuable as frost coast?

The Red King and Blaze like this.