Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Closed Beta Launch Announcement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Nate Thegreat

Nate Thegreat Crypt Guard
    Legend

Good ol' carebear mentality. I get your point though that is how gathering is done in the past but hopefully with changes that can be modified to be more active.

Darkfall already has so many inactive aspects to it and by bringing the game to a more active state the game will be more alive than ever.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

OH LAWD JAYSUS THANK YOU JAYSUS. THANK YOU LAAAWWWD, OH THANK YOU.

Sounds like harvesting inbetween mob spawns would be a good thing to do now. Might need to revert back the amount per node or decrease the respawn time per node though... That change sounds like it will make resources more rare simply because all nodes will be tapped for less than they were giving previously and they won't be able to be tapped again for the same time.

Myater likes this.
  3. Casius Bloodstone

Casius Bloodstone Goblin Warrior
    Hero

THis is exactly what we needed as far a clan operations go! keep up the awesome work and I will see you all on friday! Happy Gaming XD

4. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

I'd just like to add a counter to the people saying the starting items will be spammed by people amking accounts.

by far the best thing on that picture is the regs. at 25 each, 4g each average (mandrake balances ash), thats 600 gold.

it's much less hassle and imo even time to archery down a couple mid-range mobs and make the same + get skillups + all the other loot aside from straight gold. Like 1 runewielder is probably 500-600 gold on average once you factor in the weapons regs, runestones, keys, gems, etc u get.

wildtribes, forest prophets, ravens, etc etc. theres tonnes of fairly easy mobs that fall in this average loot range

and they're easy to farm even with low skills.

i really don't see mass accounts as worth the time for such a measly amount of regs. Especially since most of the value is in the regs and u cant just get straight gold (which would be exploited by large clans to get the best cities first).

TL;DR its fine, keep the starting set.

Myater and Fengor like this.
  5. Casius Bloodstone

Casius Bloodstone Goblin Warrior
    Hero

I hope the respawn timer will be decreased because of this issue as it will make harvesting anything hard to compete with others.Especially when it comes to dredging....

#105 Casius Bloodstone, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  6. Nate Thegreat

Legend

It is 100g 50 arrows and 25 of each reg. You are right that killing runeweilders are about equivalent in terms of income generation, but you first have to get a decent char, gear it up, take it out to the spawn, kill it and come back a bank. With this you don't have to do any of that and it can be done on day 1 by every single noob. Oh and trust me you cannot kill a runewielder with a new char nor any of those other mobs you talked about. You'd be surprised how shitty chars are at the start.

Ulfang Blackmane likes this.
  7. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

i farmed runewielders with archery starting at like 20-30 skill. it was slower i'll grant you, but good skill ups and paid for the bows/arrows i used with a small profit

the idea is that yes, initially its not as good, but doing the farming skills your character up fast, making it much easier much faster. In short order it becomes much more profitable than remaking accounts and trading would be (and a lot less boring). Spamming accounts will make u fall behind the skill curve for a bit more regs off the start. and u cant even use those regs for anything off the start anyway. By the time you actually need the regs u can farm faster than that anyway.

The 100g imo should be removed tho. A few well designed starter quest chains can cover everything you need including gold pretty easily.

This assumes that theres some sort of time restriction on deleting a newly made character (should be at least a 10-15 min one). Making a whole account is much more annoying and takes way longer.

8. Nate Thegreat

Legend

In dnd at least you could make a new account in less than a minute. Most of the time to do this would be loading into the game and banking. I estimated 5 minutes per account but honestly if it was how dnd's account registration was I could probably get it down to 2 minutes (not saying i'm going to do this).

This would be 100g 50 arrows and 25 of each reg every 2 minutes. In an hour I'd have 3000g 1500 arrows and 3750 regss (750 ea). This is quite a lot for a brand new char and could lead to being the fastest way to get a city. Get 5 people to do this and you got a city in the first hour of the game being open. I guarantee you 15k isn't farmable easier other methods (other than other exploits and in the first hour of the game).

9. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

how is that carebear mentality at all? why would i ever increase my risk for no apparent reason? If im going to be doing something semi-afk would it be smart of me to not only risk what im harvesting but risk stuff in addition to that? i dont think so lol...

10. Nate Thegreat

Legend

The carebear mentality is going into a situation expecting to die and thus minimizing any losses.

The non-carebear mentality is going into all situations at least semi-prepared to give a fight and not worrying about any potential minimal losses for the sake of the fight.

Yes you may die while afk, but you also might find a fight while you're not afk. To non-carebears this is worth the risk of bringing a shitty gearbag that is usually worth less than 500-1000g for the off chance you have a fun fight.

How hard is it to throw on a basic bone set and an r40 weapon? Sure you may lose it but it wasn't that hard to get, and if you get a fight out of it it was worth it. On top of it you can look at it as an investment into preserving your ore or whatever you're gathering so that some rando with a r20 sword can't take it from you just because you decided to go naked.

You may be jumped, you may die when you step away for a minute but if you have to change nodes once every couple minutes (as it appears you will in this game) that means you will have to be at least semi at the keyboard which could lead to some fun fights.

My point is, fight back and have fun. It is the intended purpose of the game and is fun for both parties versus killing a naked and neither side having any fun.

11. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

All thats needed is to remove the 100g.

i dont think 2 minutes is realistic. 4-5 i can see, but even that is annoying and tedious. yea in an hour that can net you a decent amount of Regs. Regs you cant use yet. And thats an hour of very annoying and tedious stuff. Frankly if they wanna do that they can go ahead. It won't matter in the end. As long as no actual gold is given large groups cant abuse it to land grab, so who gives a fuck? Anyone spamming that shit for a few regs and arrows will still have to do all the lvling of anyone else. Lets say u do actually do it for an hour, with gold having been taken out. thats 12 iterations at 5 mins a pop. thats 300 of each reg. 1800 regs. 600 arrows. lets call it 8k worth of stuff total.

8k in an hour is not that amazing. U won't make that off the start farming mobs, but by the time you can actually put those regs to good use you will. plus you'll be getting skills, spells and stats lvling up as you do it.

i don't think it's worth it. i'd rather skill up asap and farm that much per time unit a bit later. or put the time into roaming instead and kill someone who is farming for the income.

And lets not forget how ungodly boring it would be to make accounts for hours on end. who would be enough of a loser to do that for hours on end? Even in this community i don't think many would lol.
    --- Post updated ---
    with that mentality, why ever have gear at all?

The reason you risk gear while harvesting is that you can kill someone who jumps you.

especially with the RoA harvestign changes. You wont be out of stam because you clear nodes faster. you wont be afk because you need to move nodes more often.

bring a shitty bag with like r40 weapons and like 30-40 regs and 100 arrows and a couple moderate pots and 2 pieces of food

a lot of times you'll hear someone riding up on a mount or start attacking even if tabbed. You can tab in and try to fight back.

squirrel, cast stam to hp, witches brew, drink a medium pot, stam to hp again, food, mana to stam and turn to fight.

u mighjt eat another hit or two but you should be above 2/3. if you eat a bunch of hits then either ur movement sucks or the other guy has great aim and u lose anyway,. butt that wont happen as often as you think.

mentality is a huge part of this game. If you go into a situation thinking you will lose, then 90%+ of the time (and im not exxagerating) you will lose. if you doubt yourself, but think u MAYBE can win, you stand a better chance. If you're confident, even better.

the biggest thing the "top pvpers" have on most people is their name. people see it and play defensively. and lose because of it.

12. Nugsbunny

Nugsbunny Windlord
    Loyal Legend

Is it friday yet? :grin:

Kalos and Fengor like this.
  13. Angelos_Sanguinum

Angelos_Sanguinum Skeleton Archer

I've made russian version of this post, for comrades :

Команда Big Picture Games рада сообщить, что в пятницу, 5 августа начнётся закрытая бета Даркфол : Возвышение Агона.
    При открытии сервера наши новые усовершенствованные системы безопасности будут осуществляться наряду с нашим первым патчем игрового дизайна под названием Low-Development/High-Impact 1 (LDHI 1). Этот патч включает в себя много обновлений для пользовательского интерфейса, улучшения опыта новых игроков и улучшения качества игры. Следующее видео освещает некоторые из этих изменений :

Чтобы дать нам возможность собрать как можно больше отзывов и компенсировать наш прямой переход к закрытой бете, первые 14 дней закрытого бета тестирования будут бесплатными для всех пользователей. После того, как бесплатный период заканчивается 19 августа, любой игрок с Founder-паком будет иметь полный доступ к оставшейся части этого этапа тестирования.

Подробные патч-ноуты LDHI 1 будет выпущены в день когда серверы будут открыты, и мы готовы увидеть отзывы вашего тестирования. Вот быстрый обзор некоторых ожидаемых изменений :

Обновления пользовательского интерфейса.
    Возможность переключать заклинания включая по первому доступному.
    Возможность автоматического "каста" заклинания и изменение их функции использования.
    Настраиваемые хотбары стат

Улучшения опыта новых игроков.
    Скорректированны функции силы стат и скилов , чтобы уменьшить разницу в силе между новыми и опытными игроками.
    Множество пассивных навыков есть у начинающего персонажа по умолчанию.
    Добавлена Медитация для всех навыков вне крафта и Masteries / усилений.
    Изменение раскладки клавиш по умолчанию и размещения пользовательского интерфейса
    Открыты "трансферы" и все три стартовые слоты оружия для новых персонажей
    Начальное оружие теперь обеспечивают развитие навыков на некоторых навыках/заклинаниях

Улучшения качества игры.
    Изменения настройки клавиш и хотбаров теперь сохраняют автоматически
    Возможность лутать предметы и сумки с одного щелчка мыши (по одному предмету или мешку за раз)
    Функция перемещения и сортировки уникальных предметов всей пачкой.
    Увеличение скорости кораблей
    Снижение веса ресурсов
    Увеличение размера группы игроков до 15

И многое другое....

Мы рады что вы присоединились к нам на этом этапе развития, пока мы занимаемся в основном изменениями игрового дизайна и улучшениями клиента. У нас запланировано много вещей над которыми мы работаем и будем постоянно обновлять игру на протяжении закрытой беты.

#113 Angelos_Sanguinum, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Sero, MWTaylor and Fenris like this.
  14. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

completely true, people see a name and it changes the way they play

Myater likes this.
  15. ChronoHood

ChronoHood Windlord
    Hero

Oh man.. you guys ripped AV apart in that trailer.. all the stuff they should have done in the past 5 years , all done within a few months of getting the code.. you guys are on the right path. I can't wait to see this game start up! Hopefully I can find the time to make some really nice videos and slap them on youtube to get more eyes on it after launch or while it's in development! You guys need to do one more thing that AV somehow did NOT do... ADVERTISE. And you can do a lot of it for free just by sticking a bunch of youtube videos up.. maybe some top 5 games of 2016 or whatever , with your game in the list .. etc..

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to start playing and spending my $$ on some REAL DARKFALL!

I just hope there is still much room for long term character progression.. the character progression rate wasnt the problem with DF1.. its the fact that stupid ass AV brought all the EU players to the US server after they had months to get to max.. Dumbest thing ever..

The harvesting change to make it more active sounds nice , but one of the things I absolutely miss about darkfall was that I can have it sitting there chopping trees or scraping while I do minimal stuff with it .. Darkfall is just a great game for that. Please dont kill that aspect of harvesting! Or at least make harvesting worth doing , as AV obviously failed in their attempts to tweak it for well past a year.

16. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

--- Post updated ---
    a very high percentage of our resources came from alts .. there will be no more alts .. this will have a huge effect on how much ore .. timber .. yada yada we have in the economy ... we seen the effect of this when they did the harvesting changes before .. it was like does anyone have any damn wood for sale .. nope

17. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

@MWTaylor Just a suggestion for starting items in the future.

*Add a properly to the Dawn staff called "Charges" that let you cast like 500 or so spells without regs
    *Add Escrow to characters so they can purchase limited amount of items off merchants with these points
    could also add a daily escrow allowance for subscribers

This will make it harder for people to profit or guilds to pool start up money from players.

Thanks for finally posting a date, I was starting to wounder if I should send threatening messages to @Neilk the other night, but then I just stared at his picture for a few hours and his innocence lulled me to sleep.
    [​IMG]

Nate Thegreat and Benevolence like this.
  18. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Supporter

Good stuff. And that music...man, I'm gonna youtube it, slap it on repeat, and blast it heading home from work on Friday afternoon. Straight nerdin' it through the ghetto, yo.

Seriously though (not that I wasn't serious about blasting the new tune), I'm looking forward to checking out the changes. They're much more QoL and "the way things should have been to begin with", versus DnD's vision. I'll be back in on Friday.

DestLocke likes this.
  19. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Dude... have you not seen the race car? Or the paris hilton pic?

Fenris likes this.
  20. AdamDMC

AdamDMC Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

wow this is awesome, and UUUNNNNHHHH that patch music.

Ive been over on DnD to try it out. its shit if you want pvp. Ive had a total of 2 fights in 1 week, and I was online ALOT. DnD practically discourages pvp, cant kill miners of the same race, lack of pop and also some of the magic changes they made are tera-bad. I wish them luck on their game, but I am in all chips on roa

Avenging Martyr, DestLocke and BeatIt like this.