Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, May 3, 2017.

1. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

tell that to all the rioters that continually block roads and bad mouth anything that doesn't agree with them

GrimmyB likes this.
  2. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

Ive been bleesed to be in a area where I haven't had to deal with any of that!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    GrimmyB likes this.
  3. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

You realize this community is one of the absolute most toxic communities, right? Back in 2006 I got perma-banned for offensive language in Runescape, one of the most hand-holding, "think of the children", one-step-short-of-club-penguin-status strict games out there. First, when they realized they were being retarded, they unbanned people who were perma'd for language, and then adopted perma-mute instead. Then they realized they were still being retarded, so they made their chat filter opt-out and everything short of real life threats / advertisements is absolutely permissible, under the pretense that anyone seeing *gasp* "bad words" opted in to see them.

You guys need to learn from companies that came before you, made the same mistakes, and corrected them.

Building a chat filter and an opt-out option is probably out of the question, but banning people from playing the game AT ALL when you already have the ability to perma-mute them seems absolutely insane. You're not going to teach anyone a lesson, it's not your responsibility to you to punish "bad players" for being naughty, it's your responsibility to protect other players from being affected by them, and you can do this with muting. There's no reason to go further.

You'd do more long-term good for the game if you perma-banned people who camped goblin spawns and trade gankers, but that's "part of the game". Pick your battles more wisely, and since you're obviously open to changing what's perceived as "part of the game", aka the toxic community, maybe you should be looking at other aspects of the game that actually hurt it severely.

DeadlyHit, Scrubby Bear, Mega and 2 others like this.
  4. Supafro

Supafro Undead Dwarf
    Hero

Agree, perma mute if necessary.

GrimmyB likes this.
  5. Ogrinn

Ogrinn Deadeye
    Legend

In the EULA "You will not host, develop or participate in any matchmaking services for the Game or the World unless specifically authorized by Big Picture Games to do so"

So we can't host tournaments, create a 1v1 ladder or anything the likes without approval from BPG or we risk a ban?

"You may not trick, cheat or defraud any fellow player out of game currency, items or any other in a game item of value, outside of the scope of in-game role-playing."

So will GPS get banned for trade ganking or is that considered role playing?

"You may not organize nor be a member of any Guild or other groups within the Game or the World that are based on, reflect or espouse any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate mongering philosophies."

Can I still be racist to elves and orcs and make dwarfs great again?

6. SupDude

SupDude Gravelord
    Legend

Let's do it , everyone just roleplay in chat. Darkfall chat days is over

Mea Kulpa and GrimmyB like this.
  7. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Have you ever been to the "Goldshire Inn" in WoW on the server "Moonglade"(i think thats the RP one). You do not want to go there, trust me. It will haunt your dreams.

SupDude and GrimmyB like this.
  8. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

Ud be surprised how mad some people get with a simple "ur bad" comment. It's simple but my all time most used and successful darkfall insult.

Now that I think about it I may just run around screaming ur bad in public than report anyone that replis back with something hatful

GrimmyB and SupDude like this.
  9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

get wrekt, get good, mad cause bad. a lot of them to use without getting in twouble by the chat police

GrimmyB likes this.
  10. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

what are you saying? You don't know what you are talking about your just a baddie!!!

** not really**

GrimmyB likes this.
  11. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Lol what do you mean " if some people think they will". It is already happening here in beta. I get it's your job to spin it and deflect but when it happens to me and people I know you can really spin it.

black horseman and Mea Kulpa like this.
  12. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Finally real rule enforcement is going to happen, no more exploited characters which get away on technicalities :weary::weary:

streaml1ne and GrimmyB like this.
  13. Dagon Raysler

Dagon Raysler Goblin Warrior
    Legend

With the new launcher, I got kicked from server by AntiEasyCheat. I turned off my AHK scripts (for AutoCAD at the time) and then I could login just fine.
    So maybe AHK is out, but I know a guy that uses Razer and logitech re-binds and other scripts and they seem to work just fine.
    I may have to buy a better mouse/software to get back my Mousewheel Up/Down functions.

14. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

some of these are interesting to hear a real answer on. In whose opinion is what RP? If someone Role plays as a liar and a cheat, can they then defraud them in trade? What exactly is fraud? What extent does the RP need to go to be valid? Is putting gold in missing a zero to catch someone not paying attention defrauding them?

How racist is racist? can a clan like "Black People" exist? Where is the line exactly and who decides? how solid is this line? Could on the 5th a clan with that name be ok, then 3 months down the line not be if someone else looks at it?

A lot of these rules seem very vague and could either be ignored completely with excuse or be too extreme by interpretation. Severity is also seemingly open based on one GMs interpretation over anothers. This stuff should of been more elaborate. @MWTaylor

15. Lodex2001

Lodex2001 Skeleton Archer
    Patron

Political correctness is veiled oppression.

The creation of the paradigm is paramount for controlling consciousness.

Free will, is expensive for God and man.

16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Real shit, most people have no clue what being racist really means, the true meaning has been lost to the PC world of being offended by anything and everything and I personally take issue with all the sissy boy's our world is producing. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. If you are easily offended Grow a sack sit back and shut the fuck up!

17. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

I'm not concerned with this so I can whine and complain about other people. I'm covering my own ass. I can be pretty rough around the edges in game and don't want a ban for it.