Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Crog Update Patch Notes - October 23rd, 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neilk, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. bmoreira

bmoreira New Member

what about asset damage?

I have to say something about what is happening to the clan wars.
    NS is comming to simple destroy buildings in the clan city of Horde, in the time windows that is allowed to do that by the game mechanincs defined by devs.

But let be honest, who has a normal life and has to do other activities during the day, cannot protect the clan city out of their game time, that is limited during some 2/3 hours each day if so much.

I have nothing against them coming and PVP and killing people farming, sitting in clan city. But destroying clan city bindstones just short game time for people that do not have time to play all day long or long hours.

I will not login to be repairing buildings, I will just log in less and less.
    This one of many reasons that a whole clan quit in DF Original(Not Horde). Because people can play this game all day long and want to win a war of Egos.

3. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

the horde deserve this, if you have time to zerg and avoid pvp you have time for that too.

AzraelVII and Zuul Ghat like this.
  4. Sameog

Sameog Gravelord
    Legend

Relics will probably cause more problems than they will solve.
    Eta arena?

5. AzraelVII

AzraelVII Deadeye

#1 Horde (DJ & Killroy) started and welcomed this asset war. I have given DJ a way out in form of a discord apology and 3m gold. #2 Horde has a shitton more actives than NS, don’t say Horde is all noobs, they have 1 noob which is Leroy Facesmasher. All the other “noobs” have been kicked (with accusations of being my alts), NS welcomed those noobs and they are progressing and playing the game outside city walls, imagine that. All that is left in Horde are shittier vets too afraid to leave their city for anything but sending 10+ to a blue village. #3 Your clan leader sets his invulnerability timer for asset, maybe he should have the clan move cities or change his timer for the 100th time, thinking and strategy is hard, crying for a conquest sandbox to become even more care bear, embarrassing. I would like to thank you for this post it does make all of NS smile. #winning

#5 AzraelVII, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Methodico and Zuul Ghat like this.
  6. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Celestial
    Loyal Legend

Fucks sake about time. Jman's Birthday is on Halloween and I need my pumpkins, skeleton arms and broomsticks. That other stuff, eh, it's like a fine wine, it will be ready when its ready.

Jman

7. Kagrash

Kagrash New Member

Short version:
    1: Excellent patch!
    2: Please add Autofire for spells and bow, same as we have for melee = convenience when pve grinding.
    3: Please limit asset destruction to only, walls, banks and portal assets
    4: Please limit the asset destruction timer to the siegestone timer - 2 hours. That makes asset destruction a tactical thing. Pvp related. Not a punishing thing, focused on making others players have a boring time playing or leavin the game​

Detailed version:
    Thank you for the autoselection function for weapons. It's a very good feature!

Can we please have autofire for spells and for bows? As we do for melee? It's taxing on the arms to do pve, when using bolts or arrows.

If tactical asset destruction is limited to a narrow window, related to sieges window, the tactical advantage is still there. Excitement, and reason to pvp for strategic reasons is still there.
    Tactical asset destruction would be walls, portal assets, and bank assets. And nothing else.

Example from Shadowbane 20 years ago: When we lost cities, the whole city was wiped out. All buildings. People quit after sieges, as they didn't want to play all those hours just to build up a new city, and it would wipe to dust, if they lost a siege.

In short, players want to play DF for the excitement, (i believe), it's exciting to pvp, and pve as there is a risk involved. But the Clan life is an added layer above that. To take back a city is an incentive to unite even more. Play even more. Have a grand experience where a lost city is taken back after a while in a chaos city. But not if there is a need to rebuild it all.​

8. AzraelVII

AzraelVII Deadeye

clearly you have never sieged, since you sit in your city / blue dungeon all day, this is yet another way to manipulate asset done to horde. ie "xzxDJxzxToday at 5:35 PM !feedback Make asset only available to paid or subscribed members, not random made alts that can asset naked with spikes and are not subscribed to the game"

#1 horde sets their siege protection during na primetime on a na server
    #2 it's harder to win a siege vs defending against a siege but you want asset to be planned and come with the cost the wager?
    #3 have you ever had to take down walls during an active siege? (doubt it since you are in horde and you don't siege)
    #4 in the current state of the game there are 0 sieges because even when we NS siege BW (a dead clan with 2 actives), Horde and Defiance nutup to babysit.
    #5 this is a sandbox /kinda, the same creative function that lets horde show up to our siege with 15+ because you choose to allows me to blow up your holdings when i choose too. you already have an asset timer during na primetime, quit your bitching

9. bmoreira

bmoreira New Member

I hardly believe devs will read this topic after all toxic posts from several years.
    But any developer shoud care about users experience, and what gamers want playing eletronic games. It's a neural dopamine effect that keep people playing it, if you have a bad user experience over time you will quit.

Asset damage in off hours is boring to both parts, and reparing building wasting the same time that is used to destroy or more, does a negative effect.

The asset damage feature should be replaced by a Capture the Flag similar mechanism, the enemy clan can capture a sort of Clan banner/stone and deliver it to it's captial by riding/walking. While the enemy has it's flag the clan that has his clan stone captured will suffer some penalty. That would be something productive,making the clan try to capture his flag back from the offending clan.

I'm not defending Horde, or if they started or not this or that, it's a feature that should be better balanced to allow medium/small clan to have a holding and play a few hours a day, not needing to repair all time if a clan decide that to attack them in offhours, the time window in my opinion should be very small, for the health of the game and the population or replaced by another game mechanism like capture the flag.

Kagrash likes this.
  10. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

You proposed what was literally in the game at launch, im talking original darkfall launch.

Problem was, you could d/c and it would instantly end.

Asset damage was always retarded in my opinion.

You should instantly capture the city if you destroy 2/3rds of it. Fuck the whole system of damaging the bindstone. Destroy the city, when youre done doing that it's yours. Do it before you siege, drop siege, if enemy doesnt repair before live, instant win. Simple.

Now motherfuckers have to defend. Both before and after an asset war. Games all of the sudden more interesting, imagine that. Or for this population, completely dead and boring. Who knows really.