Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Darkfall: Rise of Agon - A Pivotal Moment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jul 25, 2017.

1. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

tell them

learn to play

:p

SinSemilla likes this.
  2. getim

getim New Member

BPG you are amazing and I agree with your direction.

Hello, im a Casual that has played since launch (about 6 hours a week) im Blue, I craft, I explore and do casual things. Here is my struggle. I know I am not good enough to 1v1 people, but I still try. I am getting better at getting away when it’s possible. But where do I fit into the world? I’m not a dwarf so no one will buy crafted things from me since my dura is so low, I joined a big clan but when only playing for an hour or 2 at a time I can’t form any meaningful relationships so I’m mostly looking to play as a solo player. I love sieges but I have no clue when and where these are happening. I have only been to 1 since launch :( I tried a trade rout twice (got killed immediately after turning it in both times) I like exploring different dungeons (one time I loaded in and was boxed in before I loaded and immediately killed, cool guys) so what am I left with here?

My conclusion, race benefits are pointless, do you really want me to re-roll to dwarf if I want to be an armor smith?

Sieges are amazing and the best part of the game. Why is it so dam hard to get involved? It’s like keeping the best part of the game a secret from casual players, why would you do this. At the drop of a hat I will get my best gear and join a side. But there is no way for me to do this. There could be a siege happening 100 ft away from me and I would have no clue.

If I only have a couple hours to play, can you make it easier for me to join and do something with other people?

I know you want to create zones of PVP but a solo casual cannot kill 2 people camping the trade rout turn in point. I just ran an hour and now I turn it in and Die. Have a blue and red trade rout. Pick up and drop of from blue cities, make it worth less than the red one. Trade some gains for safety.

Last thing, as a casual player there are items that I will never see or touch. Anything that requires more than 1 ingot of rare ore or equivalent to craft. I actually took a day off work and played for 8 hours mining ore. The random drop rate of rare ore gave me enough to make 2 ingots. So you say just buy it, I’m a poor casual I can’t just buy everything…

3. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Infernal

red players should be visible through bounty quests that blue players can get from npc cities to get pvp gear or cash.

Featherbeans and Wes Furtive like this.
  4. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Unfortunately there is a vast amount of knowledge required to do anything in this game. You literally need someone telling you how everything works, where to farm, where enemies go to fuck you.

For every other game out there, the place you start out is the safest place. In Darkfall, the safest place is the furthest place from where you start. Places no one bothers traveling to where you can farm 10-20k gold per hour.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  5. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

Whatever needs to be done, needed to be done yesterday. I'm all for a big change it's needed and well over due.

6. aaraym

aaraym Undead Dwarf
    Legend

Skinning material suggestion:

Add some crafting that allows you to exchange one mater for another for a gold cost.

Example: Q1 horn for Q1 Venom sac for 5g per

Could be 10g for Q2, 50g for q3 etc...

That or allow any q1 skin count for any craft or enchant. This would greatly reduce some of the gear grind.

Base ore/wood from non-city nodes should be increased as well. The drop rate of a city node compared to a regular nodes is to large of a difference which is greatly effecting casual players that don't have access to hitting city nodes. This is especially true with ore/rares ore.

Circa and Kantor like this.
  7. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Akathar

Great job bpg! Can't wait to see what's on the roadmap.

Dude you get way to hyped up. Didn't your parents ever teach you not to narc?

8. beretta7

beretta7 New Member

I read like the first 5 pages of reply's and I'm blown away that it wasn't said. We really think the issue with darkfall is difficulty of entry? FFS. There are so many games that did well and had numbers that were much more tedious and required much more time sink. Every game since the invention of MMORPG's has maintained due to content and reasons to play. Darkfall has never had any reason to play other than pvp and competition. We have to create something else that makes people want to fight and loot and fight and loot. For example villages are a start in that direction and always have been but that is 1 percent of what is needed to keep this game exciting. The other huge issue is the one dimensional character build that works in Darkfall. Magefall...I don't want to shoot spells at people. I'd like to melee and fire bows without having to spend 20x in gear cost to be competitive in 1v1 situations. I'm tired of writing lol and don't have the time.

9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Have you tried joining a clan? Sieges are a clan activity.

10. Beabx

Beabx Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

These are my issues with the game, as someone who played DFO and was initially very excited to come back to this game.

1. The mounts are ridiculous. The fact that you can hold more than 1, is dumb.
    2. There are not enough people playing. Just like the end of DFO, when I do log on, I see the same old people playing every time. Every PvP video has the same names, etc. The world is WAAAY TO BIG for the amount of people playing the game.
    3. No incentive to siege.
    4. PVE sucks ass. Worse than any other game, ever.

You cant re-release the same game and expect history not to repeat itself.

Lordpete likes this.
  11. Kael Trighton

Kael Trighton Deadeye
    Benefactor Tester

12. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Before some of the current NPE changes, Jonah Veil invited about 15-20 guys from albion beta to play Darkfall with him. When they logged in 80% of them thought they were bugged and couldn't move when actually they had to press the GUI button. Now new players start with the GUI mode toggled off and the first task is to move then use the GUI button lol.

Such simple things that aren't issues in every other game ever made because AV didn't think of it the first time around. The list of those kinds of things is endless.

Fengor likes this.
  13. Lordpete

Lordpete Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

Some things i would liked changed.

First you need to go on a free trial/token cashship model, this i think shorterm is the only chance for this game.
    Population attracts population, get them anywhere you can whether is russia/brazil or the US.

The mob AI in this game is terrible, sorry but its true, a simply fix for this would be to make fast mobs slower than players so if they run the player doesn't have to do a benny hill trying to catch them, goblins and already slow mobs would be the only mob that i would keep the same.

Runestone increase.

Bunnyhopping means you need 3 mounts to stand a chance of escape against an experienced group, a revive and loot 50% backpack for less alignment hit might be nice.

As soon as take anything from a mob tombstone its timer to disappear should be a minute.

A practice mode use less items for gain but get no product, having to craft hundreds of useless items to level to a useful point is annoying.

Alignment and the dungeon punishment still suck imo and i would prefer a timer system.

Some russian complained about battlespikes murdering his clan, not sure what he meant.

Lastly the game lacks the sense of adventure i think, for instance from sandbrook first thing a new players eye will be drawn to would be the distant tower, yet on exploring he would find a small boring band of goblins, how about if sometimes a rare named mob like a deathless mage but with better loot sometimes spawned there ( no stupid waves ), or it could be a mission spawned mob that forces people to group to beat like eve.

14. Sloppy

Sloppy Goblin Warlord
    Legend

There's a lot of things you guys can do. I'm sure everyone on the team has at least 10 different ideas to "fix" the game.

I've made numerous suggestions in both forums over the past year. But giving people a chance to learn is the most important part of the game.

If the holy grail of Darkfall "full gear dropping" is every going to be changed, than we need to look at a few things.

1. Bring back experience points
    - Create a formula to give a character an experience point level
    Someone with less than 50 in stats, no intensify etc will be a level 1, while a maxxed character will be a level 10

2. Introduce Albion's system of Blue, Yellow, Red and Black zones

Blue Zone (NPC starter Towns/Capitals)

- Only 25% of inventory will drop to someone within 1 level

Yellow Zone (Noobie Spawn areas)
    - 50% of inventory drops on death to someone within 1 level or 25% to someone within 2 levels

Orange Zone (Areas with tougher mob camps and hamlets near capital cities)
    - 100% within 1 level, 80% within 2 level, 60% within 3 levels, 40% within 4 levels, 20% within 5 levels

Red Zone (Most of the rest of the map)
    - Current full loot system, with a reputation system

Black Zones (Continents, oceans, dungeons and centre map)
    - Current full loot system with no rep loss

3. Implement my siege bag idea, so sieges can be non stop action (Clans should have siege windows also to prevent off hour sieging)
    https://forums.darkfallriseofagon.com/threads/siege-bags.10167/
    - People will still lose all their shit, but they'll at least have non stop action during the siege

Non Looting ideas
    4. People should be able to slot vendors into their gatehouses.
    5. Big annoying cities like erinthel should have their crafting stations closer to the bank

15. Lordpete

Lordpete Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

The last ideas are good the rest are shite and hard to implement.

16. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Crypt Guard

Another thing they could do is let us "rank up" mats. Say 5 q1 mats will make 1 q2 mat and so forth. So instead of having everyone spamming WTS q1 blood x324243244324 all of a sudden useless mats in mass quantities become useful.

mybsurchin likes this.
  17. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

This already exists in alchemy. Also I think the problem that created his suggestion is better solved by a functional trading system.

Slayven likes this.
  18. vehementi

vehementi Goblin Warlord

To be fair, you're wrong: there are many game killer flaws with DF and that's just one. Fixing what you said is necessary, but not sufficient, for DF to survive. They've pivoted to fix that one right now.

19. EarthMother

EarthMother Earth Elemental
    Supporter

So RoA finally had to face the music, darkfall 2012 was trash, and died because of it. Roa fans used to say how weak DND was, or how carebear it would be. An entire year or more of working on this game almost nothing changed. Now look at the new direction of RoA...a complete 180.

Honestly,roa should merge with DND, put all manpower into 1 game, and mabye...just mabye we can have a successful darkfall.

Zeiken likes this.
  20. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Bunnyhopping means you can bunnyhop away. Not that you need mounts. Learn the game.

Also, against any zerg you're going to need that number of mounts, not just against an experienced group, the changes to mounts indirectly nerfed bunnyhopping, most of the time, unless, you're going downhill or flat terrain, it's better to ride a mount now.
    --- Post updated ---
    Just stop posting.
    --- Post updated ---
    Inventory dropping should always be full, the option to choose whether or not to engage your combatant is what needs to change. racial areas become like yellow zones, requiring the blue to be flagged, everywhere else is black zone.

#480 Sero, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017