Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Darkfall: Rise of Agon - A Pivotal Moment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Mad Dog

Mad Dog New Member

I played for a few weeks then realized its a pain in the ass to get hold of good gear bags to complete.

I played the original game hardcore, but I was allot younger then. Got less time now and really cant be bothered grinding for better gear.

If the gap can be closed for gear then I would play again. I'm not a big fan of getting my ass kicked because the other guy had bigger boots, if you know what I mean!

2. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Thank you for the message. Our next patch is actually aimed at addressing this very point by helping to close the gap in gear disparity. The goal with the series of patches we are in the middle of right now is to make the game more friendly to players like yourself that have limited time to play, along with new players first entering the game. Being able to gear up in a reasonable time frame in gear that is not worthless in a fight is part of that process.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Baraz and Prodigy_Burn like this.
  3. Czepa

Czepa New Member

this is what would bring me back. - this game isnt about battlegrounds type battle, its about holding castles. buuuut, a clanwar system for middle map battles, or CTF on separate teleport location would be cool.

i want this: 3 types of combat x 3 spells = 9 spells. with 1 extra ultimate makes 12 total spells. combine vamparism AND fury or something, bring the spells into weapon augments and just totally simplify the spell systems, build design shouldnt be the main focus. in DF1 beta this is what we had said from the get go and i fucking stand by it. SIMPLE... this is about FPS, not spellcrafting
    --- Post updated ---
    in a game called voyage century you could get swords guns and axes (from pay shop) that required <40 lvl to wield. greatly increased the benefit of grinding on mobs. maybe even there could be quest items with increased stats which could be bought from the questmasters shop for medium amounts of ingame coin (more than you would pay for the weapon 1 up from veilron, yet only be as strong as veilron, with a stat boost included) and a weapon/armour exchange system better adapted like runescape. good to make money for clans holding castles which should be globally linked to the wep/armour exchange.

4. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

so hows the too little too late workin out for ya? hate to say it, but i told ya so.
    the problem is that you guys didnt listen to those of us who were banging the drum to begin with. the community is toxic, there is no tutorial, and there's too many spells etc to learn. even if you reduce the grind you're still not helping the casual player, the game is simply too complex.. AV had it right with UW, they just screwed up the map size and did not provide the content needed. But the minimized ability pool, THAT allowed casuals to compete against the full timers. until you take up this model you'll have no real population.

it's not about the grind, it's about the lack of simplicity. nobody wants complex anymore.

#564 Carrot Soup, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    The Cannibal likes this.
  5. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Gravelord

close down roa and license dfuw, stop wasting your time on this old trash.

quietnoobz and Carrot Soup like this.
  6. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

DFUW isn't worth the calories that it just cost me to think about it.

Johhny Mad Dog, NonFactor and Fengor like this.
  7. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

i think EVERYONE miss the pulverize/power atack combo.... and omg invigorating/primalist gear!!!

we def need that. great game, great combat.

Johhny Mad Dog likes this.
  8. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Gravelord

history says the same about dfo as well.
    you mean blind ray knock up blind ray is even better? so much skill we got here.

all im saying is i see no success for roa future, they had a better chance w/ dfuw sorry.

9. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

at least u need to aim to knockup someone, u need to aim again to land a ray and u need to manage ur stats.

Fengor likes this.
  10. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Gravelord

you needed to aim lunge too and it had a longer cooldown than dfo rays... you're wrong bud stop it.

dfuw = smarter buisness move

dfo = please 100 vets

that's where bpg went wrong.

11. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

dfuw was a smarter move, but it was gone after 6 months. i really dont think it was smart enough lol

12. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

it was hands down better than what we have now, all uw needed was the old map, with the mob spawns and cities. keeping race wars in would have helped uw immensely. it's cool to have a grind, the problem is the massive amount of crap you need to grind and keep ready during a fight. UW made combat simpler so that EVERYONE at least stood a basic chance as long as they were able to use their chosen combo's. so many of you left before it actually improved that you don't know what it was before it shut down. even a no-pvp schmuck like me could fight back.. yeah i died anyway, but sometimes, just sometimes, i got away or managed to get a kill in.

needing 300 spells etc to compete is retarded.. the best mmo's out there have a single hotbar, MAYBE two.

BPG did not listen about the UI, they didn't listen about the tutorial, and they didnt listen about the crafting or anything else. and look at the state of the game, they even ADMIT that they went the wrong direction. UW had the mentor system which worked great, and once they removed the stupid roles and allowed people to pick and choose from ALL the abilities, it was a great game. it had flaws, combat seemed sluggish but hell.. av even brought back the bunny hop which was a fluke to begin with.

UW--initially had a tutorial of sorts--ROA.. same crap message board that DFO had.. they 'tried' with the journal but ended up screwing the quest system more than they fixed it.

UW--limited amount of abilities available making it easier to be viable quicker plus reduced grind... roa--reduced grind way too late and still too complex for the 'i want it now' crowd of millenials who try the game.

uw- safe zones.. nobody liked em but they were useful ...ROA... enforced safe zones yet they denied they were safe zones... sorta like Russia denied invading Ukraine..

UW-- all mounts were slow--fast roads.... ROA... lol we had our beloved bluetails back, then they slow them down and implement sprinting.. so they made all mounts slow.. and put in sprinting instead of faster road travel. was this a 'we're not like AV' tactic? we didnt do what they did!! lol.. same end result

UW had very low grind in order to make everyone viable quicker-- roa-- surprise surprise reduced grind because casuals want to be viable.

uw- crafting changes that guess what.. roa copied the changes

UW-- reduced yield per node with reduced time to harvest... guess what ROA did

See you guys dont realize how close to UW that ROA actually came.. and is STILL heading in that direction. Everyone bitched about UW but AV had it right, it's what the game needs. Simplistic amount of skills needed, less grind, more action. the only thing AV did wrong was roles and that godawful nasty UI that for some strange reason BPG has seen fit to emulate.. it's like BPG and @Andrew intentionally take the WORST parts of UW and implement them into RoA to piss us off.

AV even had it right with prowess points. it kept you honest, bugging out mobs didnt do shit for you because you had to kill the mob to get the prowess to raise your skills. maybe this is why people bitched about prowess. Once they put in the round robin and shared kills, life got even simpler.

The DF community asked for changes, AV gave them exactly what they asked for, and they crapped in AV's face because av made the map smaller and screwed up the UI. Now we have the large map back, but still a crap UI, and still the old DF toxicity due to the no lifers that wanna talk smack while scripting rays and shouting learn to play bro.

I'm glad bpg is starting to listen, someone else said it, i'm gonna repeat it. Scrap this project, license UW, fix it's backpack, get rid of the icons, increase the map back to what it should be and this game will thrive.

The Cannibal likes this.
  13. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Gravelord

ok whats your point?? roa was gone in 2 months? lol

sorry to be a realist but i dont see a come back for roa.

14. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

The mentor system was a total failure what?

15. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Gravelord

it was hot garbage but at least they had more than 200 players after 2 months..

200 being nice, reality 50.

16. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

DFUW was below DF1 2012 numbers by the end of the first month. It was not good.

Fengor likes this.
  17. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Gravelord

you're speaking about dead dfo. i'm speaking on what's here today, roa/nd. if bpg or new dawn bought the license to dfuw, they would have more new players sticking with the game.

i'm not at all comparing the games as to what is better and what is shit, i'm simply stating the fact that as a business, the smart move would have been licensing dfuw.

Carrot Soup likes this.
  18. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

UW handn't shut down when both licenses were purchased and the money has been spent. It is very much a waste of time to even think about it.

19. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

Uw had a lot of things I'd like to of had squeezed into roa. Ie. Gear dyes, globs/gaunts/levis, good porting systems summons, weather animation and various graphical improvements, etc.

Carrot Soup likes this.
  20. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

I would play UW in a heartbeat, especially if they were to expand the map back to the original size and put back all the mob spawns, player housing areas, and cities etc. The only thing i hated about UW was the UI. annoying icons that were difficult to see, text that could not be resized, annoying as hell 'smudging' that AV swore added character to the game but had me constantly cleaning my glasses and monitors, a backpack from hell...whoever came up with that scrolling shit needs to be smacked around a bit, and those annoying icons... plus the damned thing looked a little too tech-ish to be in an rpg. completely took away from the ambiance of the game. nasty as hell UI. it's why i loved the old DFO UI, it FELT right, even if it was clunky.

oh, and i also hated the one size fits all racial model. i like short alfars, tall orkses, fat dwarves and ultra huge doggies but even this was tolerable... the UI was the only real problem for me aside from obvious bugs with maps etc..

Baraz likes this.