Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Darkfall: Rise of Agon - A Pivotal Moment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jul 25, 2017.

1. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

theres a hope.

MaxiHori, Circa, Fengor and 1 other person like this.
  2. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I think craft times could be reduced in half even again. I think craft skills shoulda been limited to two per person. That would create a true diverse economy with supply and demand. If everyone is self-sufficient then no one needs anyone and most of us have so much gold and resources at this point and our characters are done so the only thing left is craft skills. When you blow 50-100k on some mats and sit at a craft station it only takes a minute and all of the sudden you can make your own r60s and alllllllll those crafter players become useless and have no place in the world.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Pjonkan

Pjonkan Goblin Scout

Just please do not lower the power gap by making items even less important. If you spend a week farming or however long it is, for just one dragon set and r80s you should get a big reward for daring to use it in pvp. Almost never do you see r80s and best gear outside of seiges and even in them its rare, cos they are not worth what they cost. Instead make them more effective and make character grind less.
    Best would be if we had a limit on how many spells we could use, then you can make a character combat ready much faster and would also introduce a fun meta with the players having to figure out how to fight their opponent while fighting instead of every fight being just the same stuff over and over again in a slightly different environment.

4. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

The overarching idea is to reduce the gap enough that the players that don't have time to constantly gather the high rank gear still have a shot. We still want good gear to be good, we just don't feel it needs to be a lot better than the rest. A boost to get an edge w/o it being the defining factor.

Schnid, Chantree, breakqop and 5 others like this.
  5. Wes Furtive

Legend

I think the main issue is on the bottom end. I can gear up in full plate fillers and q3/4 full plate infernal and r60/70 weapons without much issue and even if I die I can just make more. However, if I come across a few newer guys in bone/plate r50s I can usually come out on top and win that fight. Thing is, I won't use half of that gear because I've grown out of it but on their end, losing a r50 bag REALLY hurts for a new guy. That's some serious cash when you put together a full suit of armor, rare ingot weapons, decent food, reagents, potions, mounts, jewelry and maybe some enchants.

It hurts too much for that newer guy who's only trying to use what is honestly the minimum required to compete and even then they're so far behind on the player-skill level that they may as well be naked.

That baseline pvp gear needs to be cheap and abundant so it sucks if they lose the fight but the gear isn't tough to replace. A truly competitive person won't just quit because they lost. They'll wanna try again and again and again until they improve. Can't do that if it costs 10k everytime you leave your holding (average basic bag cost)

6. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

Well this will be awesome for me. I was just thinking about resigning my darkfall cap since I just don't have time to do anything but duel in a city really and log out. Just roped me back in at the right time.

Dixie Normus and Wes Furtive like this.
  7. Wes Furtive

Legend

Have you considering drastically reducing r50 cost (maybe just more ingots and not a rare)? I also think you'd see a lot more trade if r50 and lower didn't cost gold to make. I know we need gold sinks really bad but it's so hard to have a working economy when gold is literally in the cost to craft the stuff you're selling for gold.

So much iron not being used at the moment too. Can't even sell it for 4.5g

8. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

There are many of us on the team that don't have the time to play our own game and that really made it obvious that a change was needed.

Schnid, Ylahoto, breakqop and 6 others like this.
  9. Wes Furtive

Legend

aaaand another semi-related-but-maybe-not-idea: what if you got rid of random rolls on weapons so everything is baseline but added the ability for higher rolls back later with those artisan skills you were talking about? Just off the top of my head to give crafters some meaning without having to start from scratch since everyone in the game who wants craft skills already has everything

Ylahoto likes this.
  10. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

If r40s and plate were better would that not help as well?

MaxiHori, Brown Dorf and DarkGhost25 like this.
  11. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

Fix freaking skinning. Every mob you skin should drop at a minimum 1 of each mat. The only rng in skinning should be the amount you get from one to what ever.

Melee grind is slow and borning.

Need a safe place for noobs to lvl and become pvp viable.

Waiting 10 minutes for a mob to spawn when it takes a minute to kill is retarded.

Travel is still pretty slow.

12. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Agreed.

13. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

That's something I wanted for a long time, making r40 a really good baseline for gear. Even r0 to r30 gear could use a healthy boost, scale armor is supposed to be tanky but you get blown up VERY fast in pvp if you get focused.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  14. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

@kilrain todays patch:

portal chambers and runestones.

Egrin and Kantor like this.
  15. Calebreth

Calebreth Goblin Scout

This happens no matter what gear you are wearing. I've seen Full Infernal drop in seconds in an organized group.

16. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

problem with limiting craft skills to 2 per player is that everyone will pick the most used ones and the lesser useful ones will just die out completely. also if you do that you just make it even more mandatory to have an alt or even 2 cos as a solo player when im out of gear i dont wanna spend half an hour to get to sanguine and then another 15 mins to find a crafter. i just wanna go to the next crafting station wherever i currently am and make new gear. a change like that would be one of the very few things that could actually make me quit cos relying on other ppl sux massively so a big fat hell no to limiting crafting skills per player.

also i dont see a problem with most ppl beeing self sufficient in a game like darkfall. there is still a huge potential market for the required mats and crafters should work for and be funded by their clans and can still make some gold on selling stuff to casual players that dont have the time to max every craft themself. the economy of this game has always been about mats and not the actual crafting products and thats good the way it is.

foolofatom and aaraym like this.
  17. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Take it a step further. Get rid of skinning. Put the skinning items on the grave. It's just an extra step of clicking and tedium that adds nothing to the enjoyment of the game, and another source of needless frustration for all those times that you run all the way out to a spawn only to find that you forgot a skinner.

18. aaraym

aaraym Undead Dwarf
    Legend

The problem is for casual players you don't always have the time or desire to trade. Unless there is a lot more viable way to trade then travel to sanguine or finding people you need actually online ( orcrafting clan bank bags) to get it done for you it take to much time.

Crafters would have to be happy with the non gear crafts like shipbuilding and the like.
    --- Post updated ---
    Enchanting greatly needs to be streamlined. Just drop the gear in the box, pick what enchants and the mats should pull from the your bag.

Khazgol likes this.
  19. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

big no to making gear more important. nolifing should not be rewarded. playerskill should. the goal is to make it more casual friendly not less.
    big yes to introducing a skillcap.

20. Galian

Galian Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Maybe that would be fixed with an AH. So you can just buy stuff from any trader at any time, and even pay a fee to get it delivered to your bank