Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Darkfall: Rise of Agon - A Pivotal Moment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Baraz

Baraz Skeleton Archer

DFUW good points :
    - skill system was cool/fun (once they made it flexible! It was shit before) ;
    - regional control was a great idea.

In sum, DFO players were pissed by the fact DFUW did not have the same smoothness or speed of combat (and removing Dwarves and Maharims was a tragedy).

Anyhow, back to DF-ROA :
    - change business model (instead of monthly sub) to appeal to those who would play the game less intensively ;
    - reduce time/grind to be PvP ready (I know you are working on that already) ;
    - add locations that only small clans (who have no city, etc.) can call their own ;
    - remove many spells that are too similar or change them (maybe have opposing/excluding schools)
    - there are too many spells, many of which are really useless (it is a turn-off and confusing for newer players) ;
    - balance specializations and fix those that are broken (eg. Scout) ;
    --- Some of the old Skills could become decent specializations (choices that exclude other Skills).

#581 Baraz, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

Anyone who thinks re-balancing or tweaking combat is what gonna bring people back or new players is as dumb as a rock.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. pRESBYTIER

pRESBYTIER New Member

I actually only ever played UW when it first released on Steam and the god awful UI is what prevented me from subbing longer than the 30 day period. I could not understand how the UI could be so bad. This games UI is not the best but it is at least workable.

Carrot Soup and Baraz like this.
  4. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

it's workable because it's based off of the original UI for DFO. The problem is again with the icons, really they should give players an option between icons and a text menu UI. that would make life easier for everyone. especially if they went more RPG themed instead of the techy scientific UI look.

UW was a much more refined game than DF and it allowed players who were not 'no life basement dwellers' the opportunity to compete equally by leveling the playing field through the limited amount of abilities/spells that could be 'ready' at one time. it made the game fair and less complex. I would love to see someone license it, fix the UI, fix the damned annoying scrolling backpack, and enlarge the map back to the normal size... i'd sub for a year right off the bat.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #584 Carrot Soup, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  5. pRESBYTIER

pRESBYTIER New Member

I never played UW long enough to get a real feel for I found the UI to be so incredibly confusing. A text menu might clutter the screen too much, but I agree the icons need to be reworked to make them more distinguishable. I should be to just glance at the icon and now which is which as it is the current icons are too similar to each other or too small to really be able to distinguish immediately what they are.

6. Wizard of Yndor

Wizard of Yndor Deadeye

I am encouraged to see RoA moving in the direction of serious grind reduction in skills, gear, and harvesting. Good job. About time. But if this game is ever going to really thrive, you guys need to dump the pay wall. The sooner the better. High populations fix lots of problems. Figure out a better way to make money from the game. It should be clear by now that a pay wall is counter productive to the games survival. If, IF, you can get population, then you at least have a fighting chance.

7. Jownz

Jownz Goblin Scout
    Legend

AV was still going to develop UW's when RoA and New Dawn were purchasing the license for DFO. I still remember calling that bs.

8. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

There is nothing even remotely sci fi about the UI.