Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Darkfall: Rise of Agon - A Pivotal Moment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Brown Dorf

Brown Dorf Goblin Warlord

What are the most used ones?

If there are too few staves available to buy, value will go up and players will want to be staff crafters. Supply and demand is self regulating.

I agree there should be a cap on professions.

The problem is implementing it this far into live without pissing off everyone who worked up every craft.

If you remember at launch, there were shitloads of new players who just played crafters. They quit very quickly once every became self sufficient

#61 Brown Dorf, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Ylahoto and Wes Furtive like this.
  2. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Until people with full time jobs who NEVER played DF1/UW can join RoA and not feel like helpless walking loot sacks for the first 3 months with basically no where to go to get a respite from being dunked on by the global elite... we're never going to have a healthy population

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Dixie Normus, Khazgol and DAlonso like this.
  3. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

That's not the point, the point is that scale is extremely weak. Infernal is very strong but that doesn't mean you can't be focused.

4. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

if every single npc city,/chaos city/hamlet/player city had an AH by default that could be an acceptable compromise but it still doesnt change the fact that you would never ever see a player made potion, a bloodcrafted chest, a shadecrafted chest, a ship, a mount(other than mob dropped), a battlespike or a house deed ever again in agon.

5. FilthyIrishman

FilthyIrishman Goblin Shaman

Please just copy Asheron's Call Portal / Travel System !

Asheron's call is a case study of how to keep a low/medium population alive forever. The key is more instant travel!!

Give us primary and secondary recall that allows us to tie to wilderness portals and summon them for friends. Also, a secondary bindstone recall utilizing the wilderness chaos stones that no one ever uses.

Another nice touch would be to add challenging quests that give you individual recalls to certain hot spots. Darkfall has always been a massive time sync and enabling more fast travel options will make the game amazing!!!

last thing... Make portal system a giant circle that splits off and goes both ways!!

6. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

And here we are. Jon the discussion!

7. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I think there will be 2 major issues you have to consider when doing this.

The grind has already been heavily reduced, since Darkfall Online originally came out, this means that people got to the bank staring phase much faster this time, which meant less people out and about in the world for pvp. Other than pvp, leveling your character and farming your gear, there isn't really much else to do, without adding some content to get people out and about. Further reducing this grind will make this problem worse.

The easier it is made to get everything, the less valuable the loot will become, which will make it so there is less and less point in the game being full loot, which is one of the great things about it.

8. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

@Biceps

When they talked about artisan skills a long while ago I imagined 2 skills. You know what I would choose? Alchemy and Cooking. Not everyone is going to pick armor/weapon/bow like you think.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  9. AzraelVII

AzraelVII Undead Dwarf

Suggestion: wouldn't a better option for a major patch be centered around catering to noobs and casuals by coming up with a decent alignment system and making safe-zones? It doesn't matter if you reduce the grind, you have already done that and population still decreased dramatically. New players don't like to wander out and be killed by people that know how to play the game. Even with dumbing down the grind for gear or character progression this is an MMO first and not a FPS arena game. I brought 11 noobs into this game, all have quit. The grind was an issue BUT the major deciding factor for them quitting was them getting killing at mob spawns every 30min. They lost their shit over and over and that got old. If you want to gain population reducing the grind as a priority is not going to do that. There are so many things that need to get tweaked. The key is finding the priority of the tweaking order. I honestly believe making the game less of a grind for the vets still playing is not going to be the smartest financial route for this company or the health of the game.

I suggest you don't base your tweaking decisions off of the general forums today. Don't you find it amusing that you can click through all these threads in general and see the same people spamming repeatedly?

Use logic, scroll back in General 2 months ago to when the population was healthy. Look at the complaints of the noobs and casuals then. Start there, that's when the snowballing started! Forget the remaining 10% left playing, try to bring back the 90% lost. - Varekai

#69 AzraelVII, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Korag, Ylahoto, Khazgol and 7 others like this.
  10. KingPepe

KingPepe Goblin Scout

totally agree. perhaps even include some portals near capital cities...

11. FilthyIrishman

Fast travel should be the only focus of BPG atm

frostee likes this.
  12. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

selfish and wrong :/ that won't do anything to get more players or help new guys

13. streaml1ne

streaml1ne Wildtribe Mage
    Loyal Legend

This plus UO style housing. By all means reduce the tedium and time to get a gear set. Casuals, however, will tolerate more of the grind and getting shit on by vets if they have something to work for. The easiest and most long term thing to work for should getting and pimping your house. Make getting the house simple, make pimping it the long term:

https://forums.darkfallriseofagon.com/threads/the-i-quit-threads.13228/page-9#post-193398

Khazgol likes this.
  14. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

We're not ignoring the fact that we need content and will continue to work toward meaningful and enjoyable things for players to do. Some of the more simple things we can do is decrease village timers, scale most spawns, create hot zones that dynamically change locations and more. Then there's new content that we will be and continue to add. It's important, and we know this, to continue to add things for existing players to enjoy.

Dixie Normus, MrDDT and DarkGhost25 like this.
  15. streaml1ne

streaml1ne Wildtribe Mage
    Loyal Legend

Not a bad idea, I could go for something like this or the UO runebook with a twist. Mark a rune once, put it in a book, put an insurance cost on the book (monthly or whatever), make travelling to the spot cost a mild cost (500 gold or some regs).

16. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

One thing I really don't like is travelling half way across the world with a group (or alone) and dying and being sent back to my bindstone. Then it's like welp guess I'm not going back. Allow us to respawn at the nearest chaos stone after death so we can stay in the general area.

17. Fishsauce

Fishsauce Goblin Shaman

I support this 100% Fix your game and people will come back. Just don't take too long :)

18. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

you should have taught them how to stay out of trouble. ive done nothing but grinding and gathering so far since launch with the occasional 2-3 pvp runs in between and i have a total of 8 deaths to this very date. i cant even remember when i was last jumped while pveing. all it really takes is a look at the map to check who owns what holding and then look for a good out of the way spot for the mob you wanna farm and you can pve for hours and hours and will never see a soul.

the problem is that new players are scared to leave the starting area cos they dont wanna get killed but what they dont realize is that the chance to get PK´d is nowhere higher than in the starting areas.

19. FilthyIrishman

Dude at this point you just need to worry about keeping vets let alone new players....

RootedOak likes this.
  20. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

I always said it should be your bindstone and the 2 nearest other stones. Although my reason was to make bind camping impossible more than to make it less painful to die 200 miles from your bindstone :p

Corpus Callosum and Fengor like this.