Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Design Statement and Road Map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Oct 8, 2017.

1. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

any marketing plan

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Juice

Juice Air Elemental
    Legend

Everyone still gonna be running around in bone sets and r40s.... Game still isn't worth playing. Until you make the good gear a MUST, no one is going to wear it, meaning no reward for pvp, which also means no reason to pvp.

Also, all that stuff sounds nice, but ETA 2020?

[mod edit - removed]

#22 Juice, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2017
  3. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

An MMORPG is out of beta when the base core mechanics/features of the game are solid and in place, the revamps of entire systems ceases to occur, it's bug free, and the developers start looking at NEW content updates.

4. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I wish i had some Trident Layers.... Why does someone's gear need to be THE incentive for pvp? How many other games have a PvP system that players participate in constantly that dont involve looting other players? I played a few games that were PVE at their core and had seperate pvp systems that had their own reasons for pvp other than looting other players or being ignorant. They were always full and you had to queue to use them. By the logic "Until you make the good gear a MUST, no one is going to wear it, meaning no reward for pvp, which also means no reason to pvp." i shouldnt of had to queue for those pvp events because no one else would of wanted to do it anyway. There is a giant number of reasons a person might want to PvP other than taking someone elses pixels. Hell, EvE online has a rich and massive PvP element and large portions of Pixels are lost forever on a kill. There has been 20 billion isk battleships blown up that only dropped 300mil isk worth of stuff and the rest was destroyed in the death, the people that took it down carried on to kill more people. People rig up there to catch and kill pods yet get no benefit from doing so other than the possibility of a large isk kill mail from implants, nothing looted. People would kill people in asteroid belts and missions, even though they couldnt loot the isk they made cause it all went into your non-droppable bank, for the kill alone and maybe a couple modules and a little bit of salvage and a CHANCE at something you MIGHT have installed or have picked up along the way.

People need more incentives to PvP other than the other persons gear. Decent leaderboards, reward and penalty systems, territory control that has meaning, Politics, Power Struggles, Personal Vendetas, for hire, you name it. If im doing a task and i only require R40s and bone sets to accomplish that task, why would i have a seige bag on? i would manage my risk Vs my reward. I'm not going to go farm a sele golem in a q4 infernal bag so that 3 people can jump and kill me taking not only my mob loot but my entire gear bag as well. If they make the sele golem harder to kill so a q4 infernal bag is a must no one will ever kill it likely, since its reward is no where in line. If you alter the rewards people will find ways to do it in cheaper gear anyway or groups of low skill players will team up on it to do it with lower risk/cost of losing their gear. Why would i also be doing random things in my city with a massive gear bag on? You expect me to just be some loot pinata fish in a barrel? Do you think of what other people want when you jump the walls and kill them doing things? no, so why should they care if their loot is up to your standards? Some people keep looking at this game like its some sort of arena and not a MMO. If the system stays the same, people wont play if top tier gear is a must. If you make the top tier gear super easy to get so everyone has it, it wont be worth more than a r40/bone set. You cant just change the way an economy works overnight and get your desired result without consequences.

#24 kilrath81, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2017
  5. Thug Life

Thug Life Gravelord
    Hero

Can you please give us a one-month sub option rather than only recurring subscriptions?
    I'll throw you a month's sub here and there but I don't like the resub option.

When companies do this it just makes me feel like they're trying to trick me.

Ronin and WithoutShame like this.
  6. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

There's already a link for non-recurring when you click the package link in the store
    https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/store/buy/30-days-gametime

Wizzy and Thug Life like this.
  7. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

So none of them. Gotcha.

Andrew likes this.
  8. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

I'm actually really, really excited about a lot of these changes. I think a focused road map with goals that significantly impact the game is exactly what the playerbase needs (even if they don't act like it now), and you guys nailed it.

Finally, I have hope again!

9. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

i like

10. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We like that you like :)

Sentius Nox and Dixie Normus like this.
  11. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I hate.

12. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

can the new map pvp hotspot stop showing alliance vs alliance duels
    https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/agonmetrics/pvp/

and taylor told us about a big marketing plan soon? cause after my clan left they didnt receive any news or info about what u guys are doing..
    they really think ROA is dead.

13. DAlonso

DAlonso Finance Lead
    Team Lead

Thank you Aristos. Those kind words mean a lot for us.

We have been working a lot to turn the game into something that more player will enjoy and we are really encouraged to keep going and turn this rough diamond which is Darkfall into the MMO we all want.

Is not easy, but we are committed to it.

Crunchy, Aristos Giannes, Nat and 2 others like this.
  14. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Wish it'd only show ganks and no kills.

Korag, Nat and chad like this.
  15. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

and not alliance/clan ganks either as people will kill and gank alliance alts in their city all day to get to the top of that board lol

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  16. Sentius Nox

Sentius Nox Skeleton Archer
    Legend

BEST, UPDATE, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy fucking tities batman I think we have a winner. If you guys do half of whats in here this game will never die. Dear god I just want to give all of you a damn big hug right now.

17. Dazz

Dazz Goblin Scout
    Legend

Everything looks very nice on the paper, I hope you can implement it soon and bring people back.
    I am not playing much at the moment, but i will keep supporting with my subscription until you can develop everything this game needs. Thanks for reviving darkfall!!

18. Angelus

Angelus Goblin Warrior
    Loyal Legend

great changes! looking forward to them.

Suggestion: make the game free to play until they get to 50 or 70 stat, that will get a lot of new players.

Slayven likes this.
  19. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We are heavily considering this change however we're focusing on a few content patches and some key changes to the game before we head into exploring this option. There's a lot of changes required to ensure the ease of cheating is accounted for and also to ensure that premium accounts are balanced so it's not P2W.

Slayven and Angelus like this.
  20. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I feel that some of the things you're intending to add to the game are contrary to each or completely unnecessary together.

Portal Subway AND Capital City Village Teleports AND runebooks? Exactly how dead do you want your game to feel? You could have quadruple the amount of players the game currently does and the game world will still feel dead, as you'll never actually run into anyone travelling between points A and B.

Market's and Gear Templates will remove the ability to for people to make a profit buying and selling on market and also remove a lot of work that needs to be done to support a clan. Providing pre-made gear bags to an extremely active clan is something that players can do to support their clan that isn't just PvPing.

Your new "Siege System" also screws over anyone who doesn't play during US prime-time. Maybe if half the American's playing this game weren't racist, nationalistic rednecks they wouldn't have a problem with keeping their holdings defended off hours. Lets reward people for being ass-holes that sounds like a great idea.

Full-loot changes in lawful areas also a horrible idea. There will be no incentive for people to actually attack anyone in a lawful area and as such you will rarely, if ever, get any PvP as a new player. So when they finally do "progress to the point of having basic mastery", they'll still be completely gimp with next to no PvP experience.

You've already reduced the sting of PvP for new players by making it tonnes easier to get gear through gathering. If you're introducing a market, it'll be even easier for them to get it again because they won't have to be spamming trade looking for basic gear.

Simply put, it's unnecessary, and it won't work. As soon as someone hits "expert level" and is still getting their ass handed to them more than 60% of the time they'll still rage quit.

One of the biggest New Player/Casual player features you could've added to this game was the deployable vendors. But you bailed on that last second. If I could run a vendor in Sanguine with good durability, low end gear for a modest mark-up, then all of a sudden, all those noobs who get ganked and lose their gear can easily buy gear back in a couple of minutes instead of spamming WTB for 30 minutes to get even the most basic gear.

Your alignment system blows because it forces people to work back their alignment by doing something they were already probably going to do anyway - "Oh no I'm red! I'm going to have to go a dungeon and farm for an hour - Like I was already probably going to do anyway!"

Now you're making it even worse by simply making it a timer? Does this timer keep going when the player is logged out? I hope not.

If you seriously want to prevent griefing (actual legitimate griefing, not just PvP that's unwanted, which is 80% of the PvP in this game), the best thing you could possibly do is make it as hard as possible to get back from red, and make it actually cost you something to get back to red. But before you do that, you need an alignment system that actually works and isn't sending people red for shit that shouldn't be sending them red (eg. killing people in a lawless city, killing a member of a war dec'd clan during a siege).

Having no limit for the negative value of alignment would be a great place to start. -1000 isn't enough. There's more than enough players who would be willing to be in and around New Player areas defending those new players. Where's @Lord Zanuul gone? Or right you took away the primary way he plays the game by completely removing the grind so noobs are in new player areas for like 6 hours after their noob shield wears off.

You seem to be doing what will take you the absolute minimum. You say you want "crafters, socializers, role players, explorers, politicians and those who enjoy the rush of combat" but seem to be adjusting the game constantly to just cater to that last one.

#40 MikeJT, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017