Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Design Statement and Road Map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

This Mikejt dude is someone yall' do not need to listen to. Everything hes ever stated or argued is pretty off. Didn't bother to read his wall of text, but please do not ever base anything off of what he has to say lol.
    --- Post updated ---
    Another road map is exactly what this game/we need/needed. lol

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Korag likes this.
  2. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I'm betting you didn't read a single word of what I have to say.

3. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

SURE ARE GOING OUT ON A LIMB WITH THAT ONE! SHOWING OFF YOUR GAMBLING PROWESS ARE YA?

foolofatom, Dixie Normus and MikeJT like this.
  4. Liverbest Gibs

Liverbest Gibs Spellgazer
    Hero

Thanks for the gear templates. Having to open dozens of bags and drag 50 items to make a gear bag is one of the most tedious things in the game. Can I claim credit for that idea? Maybe. I think calling them "templates" came from me.

Andrew likes this.
  5. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Yes why learn to arrange your bank in a logical order to make assembling gearbags quick and easy instead of just demanding the devs do it for you.

Yet another move from BPG that devalues any in game skill that isn't directly PvP related.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah I gotta admit I stopped reading after the first sentence. You got me.
    --- Post updated ---
    I can't help but think that "No loot drop on death", and "Casual friendly", are actually contrary to one another.

If you're a casual who doesn't have much time to play the game or get really good, who are you most likely to be fighting with? Oh that's right - casual players who don't have much time to play the game or get really good!

This no-loot period will put casuals off playing because there's literally no benefit to killing another casual, and they're get wrecked if they try to PvP with a vet. So unless this no-loot/reduced loot period expires relatively quick, it will probably hurt casuals just as much as it helps them.

I personally think Griefing/vet-on-noob encounters are well over-reported, and present a minor issue that doesn't really need developer intervention, especially when numerous players are more than willing to intervene when a griefer actually is causing problems.

6. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

I DREAM OF BEING THE MOST SKILLED BAG MAKER IN ALL OF AGON

Corpus Callosum, kingp43 and Fengor like this.
  7. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

What really matters is how high your siege bags to regular gear bag ratio is. Anyone can churn out bonesets r40s.

8. Crunchy

Crunchy Deadeye

Are you 'badass assassin' from eu?

9. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

Are you seriously trying to say that it requires skill to organize your bank?

Honestly, just leave. You're embarrassing yourself.

Corpus Callosum and Fengor like this.
  10. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I can't help but think that "No loot drop on death", and "Casual friendly", are actually contrary to one another.

If you're a casual who doesn't have much time to play the game or get really good, who are you most likely to be fighting with? Oh that's right - casual players who don't have much time to play the game or get really good!

This no-loot period will put casuals off playing because there's literally no benefit to killing another casual, and they're get wrecked if they try to PvP with a vet. So unless this no-loot/reduced loot period expires relatively quick, it will probabl

I personally think Griefing/vet-on-noob encounters are well over-reported, and present a minor issue that doesn't really need developer intervention, especially when numerous players are more than willing to intervene when a griefer actually is causing problems.
    You wouldn't think so, but when people are telling me is taking them 10 minutes to assemble 1 gear bag, clearly it is.

11. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

This is the same mistake you always make when you argue about fast travel. Fast Travel makes the world map smaller, meaning people are more likely to collide at hotspots. Rather than forgo traveling to a hotspot due to the excessive time to travel.

Less Fast Travel makes the world map larger.

Korag, Corpus Callosum and Fengor like this.
  12. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

When you die and take 10 minutes to get regeared because you bank is a mess, you weaken your entire clan
    The people generally asking for more fast travel, have been doing so for a long time assuming it would create more opportunities for PvP, because they don't consider how it will change the behaviours of the other players.

There's so many possible places in this game that any player could be at any particular time.

This is just hard and medium spawns, with dungeons thrown in for good measure.

[​IMG]

So, with little to no fast travel, most people are probably going to farm mobs around where they're bound right? So if there's an active clan, lets say Grief Goons, you're likely to find them somewhere around Gulghat, farming mobs.

So then you add more fast travel - instead of, in general, finding people around their holdings, you get to search every single one of these points of interest on the map, and hope you find someone.

Even if you had an instant teleport speed hack, and could check a spawn every 5 seconds, it'd still take you about 15+ minutes to check every single one of these spawns, based on a guestimate of 200 spawns because I couldn't be bothered counting them all.

And lets say you do find someone and kill them, take their loot. Where are they going to be 10 minutes after that? Oh that's right you've got to check all 200 locations all over again.

Pretty much, you're saying that pure luck is going to create more PvP opportunities, than common sense intel. I disagree.

13. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Hot spots make pvp happen. Quit spreading all loot everywhere, and make people go to specific areas for such loot, or make the loot much quicker obtained by going to said location - and bam a reason to fight. Right now you can get anything you want from anywhere, nearly.

The only true hot spots Darkfall has ever had has always been exploits - when they were fixed - the hot spot went away. They need to figure out why people were fighting over the spawns - and adjust the spawn strength level to make it worth doing it without having to exploit it.

There is a lot of basic shit that can be done to give people a reason to fight, and where. That however, is never touched on. Best we've gotten was some islands to beat housing mats out of, and single sele golem spawns that should be solo pvp spots but since there are no group oriented hot spots... even groups go to there.

Really wish I could help this game :(

kingp43 and MikeJT like this.
  14. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

This.

A hotspot is no longer a hotspot when there's 100 hotspots and sub-500 players.

quietnoobz likes this.
  15. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

Halloween event though?

16. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

You can cross off 90% of those locations as shit tier spawns.

Grimjaw is correct, there need to be good places and bad ones. Step one to fucking this up is making every spawn scale with the amount of players farming it.

MikeJT likes this.
  17. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Those 90% of spawns are where the bulk of the population farms because top tier players/clans farm the 10%.

kingp43 likes this.
  18. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

That happens because they can't be bothered traveling to something contested. Let's take RoA launch for instance. I lived in Dayar. A large alliance lived in Calf. The Selentine Golem island is a 14 minute travel time from Dayar. It's 10 minutes from Calf. I farmed the golem there for a full week for about 4-6 hours per day. I got attacked there 4 times. That's really really sad.

Why did that happen? Well, when it takes you 10 minutes just to get to a place with nothing but a single golem, you're not going to go out of your way to travel there. The reason it was farmed in DF1 was because you used a rune to get there, then you could loot maybe 2-3 runes from the golem before you left again. As long as you didn't die there as soon as you runed in, you were essentially set to return instantly whenever you pleased. This caused there to be quite a lot of fighting over that spawn for being so remote (although far less than the one on Yssam).

Korag and Pink Taco like this.
  19. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

There's a good chance they stopped attacking you there because you were kicking their ass.

Runestone drop rate aside, there's numerous other factors reducing the demand for that particular spot.

Especially the fact that if you add another 10 minutes travel time, you can go to skull island and farm a spawn that has up to 3 selentine golems at a time.

You're also assuming people want to farm a contested spot.

Most people, if they can't reliably kill the person farming a particular spot, won't return after 2-3 deaths, or will learn your schedule to avoid you to farm it whilst you're not there.

#59 MikeJT, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  20. Brown Dorf

Brown Dorf Goblin Warlord

This roadmap looks very familiar.

MikeJT likes this.