Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Developer Blog #4 - Tuesday, April 5th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Rosco

Rosco Undead Dwarf

If a guild member charges you 5x for items, I suggest you remove that person from your guild... Even small guilds will have people with every Mastery in the game. Why are so many of you freaking out, just because you need to rely on other people? You're playing a MMO after all....

Lunatx likes this.
  2. Nirazu

Nirazu Deadeye
    Hero

I realize this and I actually voted Yes that it should be implemented. I simply hope that the developers do not take this as a cue to begin removing sandbox elements from the game (which I don't think they will, just being cautious).

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

The reason he said the 5x gold and mat cost thing was because someone suggested to remove the mastery cap but force you to pay extra gold and resources per item crafted if you wanted to have more than 2 masteries. MisterTea is stating that nobody would ever come to those crafters with additional masteries to pay 5x the item cost if they can go to someone else who picked what they wanted as their main mastery to make an item at normal cost.

4. Nirazu

Nirazu Deadeye
    Hero

Speaking of this iteration of the game. Regardless it would be ignorant to suggest that DFO died because it was "too sandbox".

5. Xplozyon

Xplozyon Deadeye
    Legend

To me it's the best idea we got so far !

Ikaika Koa and Grumbagz like this.
  6. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I would love to see specialized leather Archer armors.

7. Thomar

Thomar Goblin Warlord
    Hero

I like how grumbagz explained the flow of gear as well.

You could make the Mastery gear more expensive to craft in order to prevent everyone from holding out on getting regular day to day gear made.

8. Xplozyon

Xplozyon Deadeye
    Legend

My only problem is that if we are limited to 2 masteries, we are kinda forced to take Enchanting so in the end we have only 1. But maybe it's better too for the economy. The question is are the people ok with that.

9. Seronys

Seronys Skeleton Archer
    Tester

dis. Dis is gud idea. do dis plis.

10. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

None of those values are set in stone and I said to combine parts of the various ideas related to a soft cap not copy paste each idea and use them all word for word. Maybe knocking off increased mats but raise the gold and ramp up the grind required for multiple masteries. More gold sink and more time to get anything beyond the 2 mastery soft cap doesn't sound bad on paper.

Anyways I'm just saying a more open, more varied approach would be more in darkfalls original line of progression. I'm totally fine with the 2 mastery hardcap personally. I think 3 would be better though.

I'm just talking about a different path and alot of others don't want a hardcap so I'm trying to help brainstorm ideas. If people see the variety of ideas maybe it'll spark a whole new idea.

MisterTea likes this.
  11. MisterTea

MisterTea Infernal
    Legend

You didnt read the quoted post

12. Chuck Zitto

Chuck Zitto Gravelord
    Legend

I still don't see A) Why this is even being discussed. B) Why anybody thinks its a good idea. I had q5 enchanting and could make hellrazors silverbranches cobra staffs and dragon armor before the xp increase and boats schooners junks and launches sold well.. I sold keened jb's, silverbranches and stam effic infernal to people in the alliance all the time. Granted after the xp increase most people only wanted the top rolls but I still made tons of money crafting and selling to people with no god damn restrictions. Could it possibly be you guys were just doing it wrong.

#292 Chuck Zitto, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Ikaika Koa and HeHateU like this.
  13. Beradule

Beradule Goblin Warrior
    Hero

This is the best way to enhance an help crafters rather than hurt them.

14. AlphaMage

AlphaMage Goblin Shaman

I hate to be a cry baby but this crafting change really kills all the excitement I had for Darkfall coming back. It feels like a cheap way to ensure lots of alts, if you really think this will be great for the game then take that loop hole out. As if putting together a decent gear bag didn't take long enough already now at best I can only make r40s lol alright then. And what happens once I'm red my only options are house vendors or chaos city trades? I don't even trust everyone in my own clan now I have to trust chaos city trades; now the price on everything just doubled thanks to all the trade ganks I'll find my self in thanks to this new system. I just feel this change or any modified version of it only alienates a group of your players such as myself who probably will never have access to a city mine and don't want to be in some zerg clan just so they can get gear crafted. Ya'll seem all about lowering the grind to get people pvp viable but at least the skill grind was one and done, you just made even worse the true grind and that was the never ending gear grind of Darkfall. You might have the same character but you are not pvp viable if your in r40s and bone getting beat on by r60s.

Ikaika Koa likes this.
  15. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

I never crafted for the entirety of DFO, never had any infernal/dragon or r60s made for me throughout the entirety of the game and still had a loaded bank.

So saying this crafting change will make you unable to PVP is garbage. Most people don't craft.

The purpose is to increase the price of items. Crafted items in DFO were worth less than the material cost; this change is to hopefully make them cost more so a crafter/trader playstyle can exist.

It doesn't harm PVP at all. Combat remains fantastic. It gives something to the crafters and PVE'ers to enjoy. It effects the minority who wanted to burn away the hours leveling more than one mastery.

You can still burn out on two masteries + Enchanting. How about you finish all that then if you want more you can come back to complain. I forsee very few even approaching this milestone.

Avenging Martyr likes this.
  16. AlphaMage

AlphaMage Goblin Shaman

^ Maybe you won more fights than I did. Sadly some of us ended up donating more gear than we ever made back. Most people don't craft and yet there are so many crafters that items are worth less than mats, hows that work out? Sure the actual combat remains the same and I'm glad they are sticking to their guns on that one at least. But if your closely skilled the guy sporting better gear in every slot will probably win not always I don't want to sound like gear is the make it or break it in any fight but it does play a big role. It will be two masteries only and now Enchanting is it's own mastery so there is no +Enchanting. I'm not saying my crafting will be maxed in the first month or even the first year, but as time goes on and all the players you feed mats to quit or join another clan and your standing there with your dick in your had you'll wish you could just make your own damn gear bags.

17. Avenging Martyr

Legend

I was a heavy crafter for a long time and basically when everyone can craft everything there are a few things that happen. In the process a ton of weapons/armor/staffs/rafts and every craftable item are made and stockpiled in bulk.

I probably made well over a thousand infernal helms in my crafting career not to mention the crazy amount of other stuff I made lol. So to grind the crafting skills up I needed more rares. I wasn't getting much from the clan mines as we had other main crafters so I had to do this by funding myself.

Other than what I farmed or got as loot I'd sell weapons/armor for cheaper than the cost to make basically sold them for the rare mats only. So I'd eat the gold, leather, fiend claw whatever. I know alot of people who did things like that just to progress. Or sold items for gold and used gold to get more materials. Basically in the process of alot of crafters leveling thier crafting skills a crazy amount of gear floods the market.

Naturally sold to clanmates first, allies second and then maybe some personal friends (maybe them before certain allies lol) then finally sell whatever to the public. Some used the vendor system which I'd love to see hugely expanded. I made a thread about supply meeting demand and talked about several things to help get stuff from crafters to people who want to buy it. The stuff is out there it's just in banks usually.

These changes will make it so gear might be worth more than the raw materials and actually bring back trading as a profession/money maker.

If by trading with the public I need to lose money to compete/advance. I will craft for myself and my clanmates/pals and tell everyone else to fuck themselves. I did it before, I'll do it again.

This change is good for the game. We just need more changes and this won't slow anyone down at all. I'm sure BPG is brainstorming many things and they are reading these forums. This isn't Aventure where noone speaks english as a native language.

18. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

This. Everyone happy. /thread

Ikaika Koa likes this.
  19. AlphaMage

AlphaMage Goblin Shaman

I think we are going to need to agree to disagree on this. You say "I'd sell weapons/armor for cheaper than the cost to make basically sold them for the rare mats only. So I'd eat the gold, leather, fiend claw whatever. I know a lot of people who did things like that just to progress." how does limiting the amount of masteries change this at all? This is a crafter mindset problem not a supply and demand problem crafters care more about their skill gains and maxing out asap then they try to make gold off the best items that can be made instead of all the stuff they made to get there.

20. Avenging Martyr

Legend

I think it should be increased to 3 masteries per character. Though the soft cap would probably be more accepted by everyone. I bet it's being discussed alot by the devs.

The market was flooded long before I entered it. You had to sell it below base material cost. BECAUSE everyone could craft it themselves or a pal/clanmate could and why pay for it when the mats are always available and you know guys who can make it? Since alot of people did grind crafting to some degree.

Not many sold items for profit. To do that you had to enchant stuff or sell high rolls. Which most players would pay extra for good rolls. Personally I used the majority of my good rolls for my pvp and pve trips. By the time I could enjoy making high grade gear. Noone needed it lol. Someone would hit me up once in awhile to make several whatevers for them and that would be it.

BTW I grinded those skills over years. Only finished to 100 in armor, weaponsmithing and enchanting after the extreme skillgains. I got to infernal and R60's and said that's good for grinding. I made stockpiles of good armor and weapons and made to order or to keep my supplies up for a long time.