Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Development Update and Q3 2017 Road Map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Crunchbert

Crunchbert Undead Dwarf

Just remember that some groups opinions matter a lot more then others. The diehard vets who dont want to change anything arnt goign anywhere unless you do something hugely game changing. The new players who are quitting every day on the other hand, are a whole lot more likely to stay if things are changed.

Zeiken likes this.
  2. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

No, one opinion is not more valuable than another's.

DarkGhost25 and Fengor like this.
  3. IsilithTehroth

IsilithTehroth Gravelord
    Supporter

Alot of these seems like very easy to inplement changes and no fixes to the some of the most needed things like alignment, more diversity, sandbox features not revolving around pvp. Changing around some code for an already implemented asset(trader) and calling it a whole "new" "top priority" feature seems pretty lazy.

You guys need to either start hiring more developers and get actual new content out fast, or watch the game dwindle down to almost nothing within a couple months.

Airenn likes this.
  4. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

it is the same 3 people asking for classes/limitations and calling it diversity, we need reasons to fight, not worse combat. You will never ever ever ever be able to be an "archer" and only use a bow. Its just not going to happen. You can never properly balance one form of dps. Stop being lazy, learn everything, learn what spell is used for what niche scenario and go from there. In regards to destro gear imbalance there isnt one, the sets arent finished so they have to fill down instead of up. The next issue is that there isnt enough ways to get selentine ore, which is the entry level rare pvp ore, yet it is the rarest of them all.

Fengor likes this.
  5. Killa162

Killa162 Crypt Guard

[​IMG]
    --- Post updated ---
    Says a mage to a destro... LUL.
    To quote Sero
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    (rofl emote) (rofl emote) (rofl emote) (rofl emote) (rofl emote)
    HAHA

HA

H
    A
    Nice meme Super Star, 10/10. Says no imbalance, then states there's a imbalance of seletine ore which is the armor set BEFORE Infernal, and is also used for weapons as well. TOO rich mate. Other then mages using weapons that might require selentine ore, your bone set is quite fancy with 0 ore required. Unless you bring up the non-factor argument that mages use PIECES of armorsmith gear for their sets. Well it's sure as hell way less selentine ore you need then a destro. Also we use enchants and jewelry just as mages do, so don't go on the enchant rant either. My gear bag cost > your gear bag cost. Idc about your mage grind, if people say gold is so easy to farm from getting 10k+ an hour all the time. Then it shouldn't be an issue to grind your mage grind. Since I have a gear grind. <3 bud.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #65 Killa162, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Zeiken and DarkGhost25 like this.
  6. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

There isnt an imbalance in regards to the actual protections of the heavy sets themselves, its just the loot in particular for the entry level set(selentine) wasnt distributed as much as it should have been, thats the only issue. If you were smart, instead of crying about sele being to hard to get, you would just go farm a 15-20k/h solo spawn for gold and buy yourself sele armor. Im not even sure why you bring up weapons at all as its irrelevant to the convo as any weapon a destro is carrying in a good bag, a mage will be carrying the exact same thing. The only difference in a good bag is the actual armor(6-7 pieces of heavy) and maybe a couple ring enchants if you want fire/slashing.

7. Killa162

Killa162 Crypt Guard

I covered why I said weapons since some weapons use sele "and is also used for weapons as well." "Other then mages using weapons that might require selentine ore" since mages use the same 2h/bows as destros was the point I was making. I don't have to post screenshots of weaponsmithing do I of weapons that consume sele that both destro and mage use? I brought it up so it couldn't be used as a talking point since I already know about it.

And when did I ever imply imbalance in the protections department? Never. Buy if you saying "which is the entry level rare pvp ore, yet it is the rarest of them all." then why can't it be simply increased? :thinking: If you go to a solo gold spot, wouldn't the money be useless if there's not enough selentine ore around when crafters sometimes mention in their spam in trade "for your mats/gold cost". More then likely their supply ran out. Countless amount of people think raising the drops of sele golems or putting the mines back to normal wouldn't hurt anything, or just buff selentine ore chances from mines so it equals out with the other ores. I don't get the issue here. There's a imbalance of supply and demand because for some reason the first tier ore is more rare then the ones following it. So why are you having this debate with me again? Destros use more selentine then mages, it's that simple. This road map does absolutely nothing except update us on when things are rolling out. The only "new" thing on the list is DCT's. Armor/weapon dyes to anyone that didn't listen to the podcast interview Coolit was apart of with BPG before release wouldn't be anything new. It's all fluff or updates on current systems that needed to be fixed, ie. champ spawns, or finishing the task system. Which it's all cool that the tasks are being finished but unless they are on spawns that we all actively farm and don't force over 80-90% of the progressed community back to nooby lands, then what was the point? It would be clear to anyone that it means it should've been in from day one if the tasks make you kill noob spawns 2 months into character progression.

If you weren't dense, you already knew there's a sele issue, so why are we having this conversation????

Crunchbert and ForFun like this.
  8. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

The shard carrier system was perfectly fine, just make it so if the carrier DCs, it doesnt cancel the siege and instead the shard drops on the ground and you have 5 minutes to recuperate it. (still shown to enemies) You can even make it so if the shard carrier dies, it doesnt cancel the siege, the defenders have to take the shard back to their city to win the siege. Shard carrier should be carrying a flag or something that makes them obvious to spot on the battlefield.

[​IMG]

9. black horseman

black horseman Skeleton Archer

With the exception of disconnects I actually loved the Shard carrier format.

Hagz, Mycke and Owyn Magnus like this.
  10. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

I never said I want to only shoot a bow, I said I want to be a proper archer. I have no problem meleeing,transfering, etc. I just want to play in light armor and use a bow without having to use all the magic. That is reasonable. And I'm not being lazy, I am almost fully done grinding magic, but I did it against my own will and I'm not that happy about it. My intelligence is 105 and my dexterity is 70, great life as an archer. There is one archery book to scribe and a hundred spells, great balance :p

Skelly, ForFun and Crunchbert like this.
  11. Tonak

Tonak Goblin Scout

Nerf Dorfs

12. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Really, I have to ask what is wrong with the original intent of not being able to use opposing schools?

Wouldn't that add some diversity to the game and eliminate some of the grind? I do not see this as game destroying or imbalancing at all.

Having to choose between having necro or arcane, air or earth, water or fire eliminates the need to grind the opposing school and dirversifies group compositions.

The only real imbalance I would see is the water/fire tradeoff. I could not imagine any mage locking out fire. But I guess that would make water mages more of a surprise.

13. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

no, but there have been other people saying that they only want to do 1 thing. "why cant i just be an archer and only shoot from range", "why do i need a staff to cast my heals", etc, etc. The extent of these complaint threads go further than what you have just stated. Just say "hey guys, would be cool if you guys could finish off the sets and maybe give a different range of protections on leather based sets so i could play more of an archer role". Devs probably read these threads and think "oh fuck, why do these guys keep complaining about pvp, do we need to change everything?"

DarkGhost25 likes this.
  14. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

Ah yes, I have seen those posts, those guys will unfortunately never get what they want. Darkfall will always require a versatile skill set.

15. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

To clarify some of the points he brought up but I think missed the core of their issues:

gear balance/imbalance: Something needs to be done about players in robes with blackbolts. Magnitude still does way too much damage at low ranks, and a player can still be way too effective in robes when they're risking essentially nothing. Selentine needs to be easier to obtain, or plate boots/gloves/pants need to be added to make plate sets more viable vs. mages.

mob ai changes: I think what he's saying is PvE needs to be more interactive. We've already had discussions about that in length though

the grind: The grind was perfect in beta imo. Why? Because the scroll system worked fantastically. And then for some reason you guys nerfed the loot tables AFTER beta. Now gold is much harder to come by, and most casual players only have time to get enough gold for their daily meditation cost. Scrolls aren't even an option because they're too broke to afford them. This instantly made the grind feel too difficult again. I feel like I play a decent amount, usually 2-3 hours a day (which should be considered more than a casual), and I -still- have a ton of spells and skills to level. I'm not even halfway done. It doesn't help that a few mob spawns are now disproportionately good and have given the select few clans that live right next to them huge advantages.

new magic schools: I don't know about this either, but there are still a ton of spells in game that are useless. Every spell should serve a purpose. You are creating a giant time sink for noobs that could be better spent elsewhere if they are wasting their time getting all the damage spells in lesser and greater magic up, thinking they can use the 'Lesser/Greater magic staff' to be viable. Nothing in game tells them these spells are worthless. They are required to talk to a vet to learn this, and that's not reasonable to expect them to do this before wasting any time on it imo. Not to mention, all the new staves aren't worth using until you get to the r60s at least. They're just more noob traps. Make the cast speed static instead of increasing as you go up in rank, or make their effect more noticeable. Or at least have a note that says they are best used for PvE until you get to higher ranks.

Makers Marco, Fengor, Beasty and 3 others like this.
  16. Big Ed

Big Ed Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

I know most of the people on this thread are past the point where alignment matters, but it's still a very serious problem for new player retention given how bad it is broken.
    Where is the revamp?

I am pleased with everything else I'm reading aside from the already mentioned.

17. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

This is something we will continue to work on and improve all the time. In our next update, which will be coming in the next few days will include some touch ups including showing what type of area you are in on the minimap. There will be a tooltip that will show the rules for the area you are in including your alignment, the minimum alignment allowed into the NPC cities there, what happens when people attack you, what happens when you attack someone else depending on their alignment. We're adding back a third color, sort of a violet red for characters that are -200 to -1 because these characters have a slightly different rule set when inside "lesser" areas and it just makes sense to differentiate them at a glance. There may be more changes that focus on alignment but I cannot remember right at the moment, it's late :)

Ringo Starr, Skelly and DarkGhost25 like this.
  18. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

There was pretty much universal agreement in the community that having -200 to -1 be different is a bad idea, and that it should just be a simple 0+ = blue, less then 0 = red. Just to keep it simple and intuitive. Why do you feel that basically the entire community is wrong in this matter?

Brown Dorf, Mycke, ForFun and 2 others like this.
  19. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

how can you not forsee any imbalance? there are essential spells in every school of magic that would seriously damage mages to lose, not to mention mages would be losing 3-4 rays depending on the choices they make.

does it seriously sound fun to be waiting around for an earth mage to login so you guys can actually pvp with ironskin on?

20. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Oof some gimp ass earth mage without come hither, stormblast and exploding charge.

Todd of Hartford, Fengor and Killa162 like this.