Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Development Update - August 9th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

are you having a stroke ?

2. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Youre a fkn weird dude

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

Go play a Korean grinder if that's your style. No need to spend weeks and months only to be able to enjoy the game.

4. Statusquo

Statusquo Skeleton Archer
    Affluent Loyal Supporter

Jeez the amount of stupid in this post is too damn high.

5. KingLlama

KingLlama Infernal
    Supporter Lifetime

I'm super happy this is happening. It'll make wanting to play again something that doesn't feel like a chore.

6. RabbleRabble

RabbleRabble Deadeye
    Legend

Just sour kids who would rather keep their max char and let the game fade away than make the grind easier. Its all these Shit tier kids who char crutch. These changes are amazing for this game. Fuck ya for trueforges' removal. Now noobs can sell their crafted items competitively and not have to grind 100k in pants.

Wes Furtive and Tyrie like this.
  7. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

So I finished my char in 14 days. Now some one can start new and be on my level, or they can play 1 hour per day for two weeks. Problem?

8. shooky

shooky Goblin Scout

So with this patch coming i shouldn't spend any of my gold right now too level up skills? while i been playing for couple months im still a newb and my char is not pvp ready yet. been learning everything about the game and also been working on getting the skills and leveling them up with scrolls which yea eats gold right away lol..

9. Big Ed

Big Ed Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

This is not an update that one should be reading of a game that is in release. This is an update of a game that is still in development.
    No vision.
    Think I'll bow out until this game finally reaches a state of release.

Brown Dorf likes this.
  10. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

to be fair i can see a couple problems with it. for example i dont think 15 hours is enough time to get familar with 50+ binds for a new player. they will get overwhelmed easily. then what is there to do in this game atm after the grind is done? i honestly feel like this change helps returning vets that dont have the time/dont wanna do the grind for the Xth time again much more than it actually helps new players. if they really wanted to help new players and make the game more appealing to them there are far better ways to archieve this. a skillcap would naturally remove the majority of the grind while still keeping the same amount of long term progression. that way new players can essentially be pvp viable just as fast without having to learn that insane amount of binds. it would open up pvp on a casual level much more than simply giving everyone everything for almost free. this change seriously just seems like they are just trying to please the old vet population that doesnt have the time to invest 15 hours a day into the game anymore by saying "here we still dont have content in the game but hey, have a maxed out character and go pvp since thats all you ever did anyway".

Brown Dorf and Airenn like this.
  11. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

I'd either mediate your stats, or farm gold/raw materials and store then. Meditation well he removed soon and nectar of the gods quest will help raise stats faster to 75

Close the door on your way back in kid

Sero, The Cannibal and Scrubby Bear like this.
  12. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

What better way to get familiar with them than to have them? Nobody said that a new player has to be proficient at using all his skills at the end of 15 hours. He can take all the time he needs after that to get familiar.

13. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

like i said the correct way to handle this is introduce a skillcap and not make them having to learn that many binds in the first place. look at the evolution of modern mmos. there is a reason why more and more games give you less but more impactful abilities rather than 15 damage spells that all basically do the same thing. damage...

nowadays games need to be easily accessible to appeal to a broad audience. no1 wants to play a game that makes them triple bind every damn key around WASD anymore.

if you look at MOBAS like league or dota you have literally 4 skills per hero and they both take a billion times more skill than darkfall or any other oldschool MMO could ever require. more buttons != more skill so the argument that this would diminish the skill ceiling is void if its done right.

14. Statusquo

Statusquo Skeleton Archer
    Affluent Loyal Supporter

Listen i think people are missing a key point here. If this brings vets back i can be safe in saying it will encourage them to tell their friends that the game can be played again. so it will bring back old time players that didn't have the time or will power to invest in another grind.

I mean the population is not crazy so what would it hurt to have an influx of players coming back. The game is fun when you can go out and run into more than the same 10 guys. granted there will need to be more bigger content later on, maybe like land version of sea towers, and sieges need a spark but with a larger population comes the desire for new clans to go after holdings. Play the test server give CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and lets keep moving forward with the game.

Green Chili and Tyrie like this.
  15. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

I hope the items from champion mobs are no drop. As in the atlan and gsa in Asheron's Call. If it is fantastic if it is not, please make it so. Having mid tier gear that is no drop from hard PVE does several things. It allows "Sheep" to have gear they are not afraid of losing, hopefully boosting PvP. It will also increase ppl in the world because they will not be afraid of being jumped and losing everything. Also, creates the champion mobs to be hotspots as well. So take a look at the no drop implementation from Asheron's Call. I really think it would be a good move for DF to emulate that. Second please put some type of meaningful PVP in the game. Something like an arena with a ranking system. This caters to those who only want instant PVP. Check out DF Reddit there is a good arena idea write up there.

16. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

any email sent to all the players to inform them about the patch??

17. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Black Knight
    Staff Member

Not yet, that will occur in our newsletter this week that will hit over 20k people.

18. bLankszor

bLankszor Ghost
    Hero

This patch looks very good, so glad to hear about race changes and even more so.... some content! A new level of gear only available from Champions may give us something to fight over. Rare item drop that allows only you to craft a specific gear? People will want this...

Keep it up BPG!

You just seem so salty. All of us on this forum have dedicated hours upon hours leveling our characters to the state they are at, you act as if you are the only one. In order for anyone "new" to come to the game/back to the game they need this skill increase or else they just get destroyed by your 4 r90's, eye rot, spell reflect etc etc etc. We need more population... more pop = more content = more fun, bottom line. Stop being a salty doomsday nerd.
    --- Post updated ---
    Epitome of a toxic forum faller

Grimtide, Sero, Fengor and 1 other person like this.
  19. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I was really excited about the vendors. Done right it creates a community hot spot in different parts of the map where people would gather/talk and sell in public (barter/trade etc.. Now that you have fully caved and lost all credibility as a game design company I officially give up on this game.

Good luck to ya guys I know you think your doing what the people want but all your doing is sinking your own ship.

20. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Well there's no mistaking that it would be a positive thing to design content into the acquisition of each new spell guiding the player from the start to the finish of their character. This is what modern AAA MMOs do, but they also have AAA budgets. That kind of content is time consuming and expensive.

Darkfall in AV's vision was not designed for that type of content. The amount of work to make the character progression into quality content personally I don't think is worth it. I think it would be better to streamline the character progression and create new things.

Grimtide and Scrubby Bear like this.