Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Development Update Sept 16th, 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

You can thank Teemu for that. He has done most of the website for a long time. He has also helped our GM team and produced a variety of back end Dev tools we use daily, he's fantastic :).
    --- Post updated ---
    Green ranger or riot...
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes a screenshot is bad to showcase it as the lighting effects in game really change it and this was an earlier version before some tweaks to shaders and layering was done by TJ/arpad. I'll try again to get my in game working when I get done putting little ones to bed so I can showcase them a little better :)
    Yes the early versions in the dye system were rough I said the same thing to TJ when I saw the first screenshots haha. As it evolved it has turned much nicer and we've darkened the system a bit overall so it gives a more natural look. The early shots came out like "paint" covering the Armour and it looked very cartoony lol.
    --- Post updated ---
    It's going in just out of order. TJ has been working on it but the challenges with the system in mind are taking a toll. We've switched in other features to active development while he's addressing the issues. TJ's role is needed to advance a lot of systems so other devs and designers can take over so he can't work on it alone.

Once we get it back to primary development or have any notable news we'll share it. We're disappointed because we know it's a valuable system but such is the risk when creating new massive systems into this codebase. Upgrades and modifications to many systems are often needed which can make sometimes even a more relatively simple idea require weeks of changes before it can even be built.

We're not happy with the delays and we understand the frustration of the community over it :(

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    KingLlama likes this.
  2. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

White Ranger was my favorite, although technically Green and White were the same guy.

Edit: Removed offensive pictures.

#42 Battle Smurf, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2019
    Blaze likes this.
  3. Void

Void Chosen of Khamset
    Loyal Legend

Black obviously

4. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Having pallete swap is all good, but they have been saying for months that they were going to be easy to implement . They said that it wasn't going to deteriorate their time on anything else too much. Where we at now? It looks harder than it looks, even for them i guess.

I'm no developer, but i got my money ready to endorse anyone. I generally use my money to pay for arts online or to endorse several artists on ptratreon. I support them on weekly basis, sometime on daily basis. I pay to get several classing gaming music remaked.

I'm specially supporting this project:

Changes we have been rooting for that are confirmed to no longer be in the work(like combat revert) or changes/dea's that could bring back ppl don't look like their on top priority as if the game wasn't in beta state enough.
    This pallete swap thing: no matter how good it ends-up becoming is not going to bring back anyone. On top of that, we have to grind for it instead of spending money to get them which is fine: the DLC is making us pay for everything, but who's going to stay caring when them dyes go live? Not me.

Funky zeit likes this.
  5. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem

The patch in progress isn't being consumed by dyes it is a part of it but by far not the only piece. Several key ideas we feel are all complimentary are a part of this update, a couple are related to dyes but not exclusively. I'm not talking about the other components more until they are closer to passing basic QA so we don't promise something this patch that doesn't make the cut.

6. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Celestial
    Contributor Hero

@Andrew
    I had this idea while while trying to find Waldo/Wally with my nephews.
    Why not expand the palette swap possibility to the magic spells (cash shop only option,*cough*).
    I wanna have a thick neon green Volcano, man. One that blinds a lot too! :D

#Do_ you_even_palette_swap_bro

(rare Waldo edition)
    Where is Waldo in Rubaiyat
    [​IMG]

#46 Featherbeans, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  7. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem

I'm not clear exactly if this system could be applied to the spells but because of the way spell effects are created I think this can be easily done without the need of such a system. Because the dye system modifies the look of a hard asset it is needed but the spell effects are created through the engine I believe so it's different.

Only issues there are the spells losing visibility on what element is being thrown which is a slight concern.

8. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

9. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem

We don't have an ETA and won't provide one till we are about a week away.

We combined the two patches we had planned together as the timing of certain connected features was off and we wanted them in together.