Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Development Update Sept 26th, 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew, Sep 26, 2019.

1. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

@Andrew
    Dyes look much better, they were looking terrible for a bit to be honest. I do think dyes are a good addition though, So good job.

Research is meh, I can see the use for people who don't have crafting leveled, couldn't this be easily adapted into a salvage system to get a % of mats from gear?

Consumable tab - really good but you need to add pots, battle spikes and food, and anything else that is essential that I cant think of atm - it shouldn't be that hard to add that in? Its much needed! If you are going to do it, do it right!

Lawful zones - love it! One idea here I think you should add with the introduction to this is to remove billboards from porting to vcps and instead have them port give you an option to port to each capital city. VCPs should only be reached by chaos stone or portal network as it should be. This will allow noobs to get to any capital quickly and it will erase the issues with billboards.

Also, I love the mugging concept, we have told you about this forever so great job IF it works right. But I think in yellow they should drop their whole inventory and have the killer pick what they want and leave the rest for the noob, otherwise if it only drops a % he will res kill again which will piss off a new player. As Squanto put you need a 5? minute timer for consensual pvpers to turn back blue when coming from a VCP or the water or middle map etc - this timer should reset with each hit. If you can avoid contact for 5 minutes, you turn back blue.

The water looks much better than what we have, but I think he needs to make the color a little bit bluer and darker. The gray just isn't working.

Anyhow, I am impresses - this is what you need to work on, not fucking splitting servers for seasons, make a true good MMO and the people will come! Add cool items, get the PVE'rs to come and this will bring pop - pop brings other players back. Domino Effect!!!

One last request - for the love of god, fix fucking the ability to write in your rune book - its so fucking bad without it!!!!! And PLEASE make it so I can pay 1 month of taxes for housing or have a check box to auto deduct from my bank.

Good job so far!

Billy Lee likes this.
  2. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Was just thinking about this. Billboard village porting is pretty ass and really takes away from the territorial/portal network aspect of the game for location. Ontop of that I think blue players should have their own portal network to capital cities.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Blaze and The Red King like this.
  3. The Red King

Loyal Legend

Yup everyone wins!

4. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

agree

5. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Yes I know the first screenshots were rough heh... that was before we had it dialed in better. We're still fiddling with it to get some uneven areas better but we're getting close to a finished system we're happy with.

We don't want to put in a salvage system that just nets you a bit of the resources that make the item being salvaged. There's other ways we can salvage gear for various uses and research is one of them. This is a new player feature mostly unless an established player wanted to level up crafting now, it will however help crafters a lot and make leveling crafting less tedious afk grind.

Yes this tab can be used for any stackable item, we'll look to expand this but in the initial release I think TJ has it just pulling regs and arrows for the moment.

We're considering changes to VCP's in several areas, we're just not satisfied with them entirely right now. I'll open a topic on it at some point but enough on the plate for the moment.

Basically when you get incapacitated a tombstone/container will drop immediately with the items on it. The killer would be able to view and extract what they want and walk away so the fallen player can get back up and take back what's left in the tombstone, choose to continue on or head back to restock.

More refinement is coming to these this is just a little WIP teaser Arpad tossed in one of our channels recently showcasing what he's working on.

We are looking at some taxation improvements with housing to make it less of a panic so people can relax and go on vacation without worrying about losing a house. Don't think it'll get crammed into this patch but it's on our mind.

Geezy and The Red King like this.
  6. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

Yeah, this is a big qol thing that needs to be implemented imo, hope it won't be to hard, old rune books allowed it.

7. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Perfect patch for recruit new players ....you change the table loot of blue/yellow area?and the mobs respawn?that its very important if many new players start to play rise of agon at the same time....please make easy mob more strong because now its very easy port all the stat to 75....

Scrapnotcrap and Geezy like this.
  8. KeredCaltith

KeredCaltith Goblin Shaman

What about villages in yellow zones / racial areas?

Methodico and The Red King like this.
  9. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Crypt Guard
    Benefactor

Why put all newbies in fugly Sanguine, when you could have them enjoy the beauty of Red Moon?

Also, now is the time to put some sort of solid daily quest/task in Sanguine and have the ability to easily recall there for blues, so newbs see some life from vets there.

Geezy and Blaze like this.
  10. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. Good stuff though BPG, looking forward to what you guys have coming down the pipeline.

Geezy likes this.
  11. FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool

FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool Goblin Warrior

I just wanted to say that I've been thinking that dyes are a cop out not developing other content, but I remembered something in my previous gaming and I think I've been seriously wrong.

Dyes can be really good end game content if they are super rare, expensive when buying and if you could get some shitty ones you didn't want (gambling on random dyes for money). This assumes that there is a concept of rare special color dyes and shitty regular color dyes that anyone can get (but maybe those are not applicable to armor).

12. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Everything looking pretty good guys. Can you make the functionality of the restocking tab, also pull EXCESS amounts past what you have the parameter set at and place it in the bank. So, in order words when you hit the button and you have 300 of each reagent selected, 3 of each pot, 150 arrows.... that is exactly what will be in your bag when you hit the button, and if you had more, of a reagent, say 500 ash, it will pull 200 from your bag and place in the bank.

Kanak likes this.
  13. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

@FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool Asheron's Call dying and getting the perfect Amuli or Celdon color combo was a fun little(massive) grind.

Andrew likes this.
  14. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

This tab is withdraw only for this patch I don't think we'll look to add that kind of functionality. That could be looked at though for gear templates as a resupply option where you can specify a template of regs, food, pots, ammo etc and reset all those relevant stacks in your inventory to those levels maybe. It's a good idea but would require some work to get in and we got enough for this patch already :)

15. Degamra

Degamra Earth Elemental
    Hero

Territory control pleaseeeeee

Methodico likes this.
  16. Fenchurch

Fenchurch Goblin Warrior
    Loyal Tester

This patch looks AWESOME!!!! I am SO EXCITED.
    --- Post updated ---
    +1. The runebook thing is HORRIBLE. Like, I am playing about 10% of the time I used to play because gettign places is such a nightmare and I don;t know where any of my runes actually lead because I don't know the NAMES of all the regions like WHERE IS LAKE KITTEN-SOMETHING? COuld be anyplace.

Being able to labEL these chaOs stone runes wouLD make a huge DIF.

If not, then at least put a players discovered chaos stones ON THE MAP. As it is I can't even touch a chaos stone on the map to try to match it to the name of the region in the runebook.

Even so, I am SO excited about this patch. DYES! ZONES! YEAH!

17. The Red King

Loyal Legend

Chaos stones on the map as well as being able to label your runes is essential. They shouldn’t have patched in the change without including this. Why it’s taking so long is beyond me...

Blaze and Sero like this.
  18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

^

Runebook changes shouldn't have even gone through without doing this first.

Blaze likes this.