Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Early Access Launch and Kickoff Free Trial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

#make krakens great again

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Battle Smurf likes this.
  2. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

And Boats and Warhulks

3. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

Lets be realistic here?
    Game is close to empty u really think someone will grind AGAIN until launch... so then grind AGAIN..

come on

Inkarnation likes this.
  4. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Wealthy Legend

Some of these guys only like playing the game when everyone is grinding because they can focus on the early game PvP (NO Magic) while all the hyper competitive Leets vanish to poopsock in their hidden sanctuary allowing hundreds of casuals to flood out.

I would also encourage the removal of the Clan system until release to test chaos theory in Darkfall! :smilecat:

leth1337 and Dixie Normus like this.
  5. VVolfgang

VVolfgang Fire Elemental
    Legend

You're like a mad scientist, so let's do it!

Quin Tessence likes this.
  6. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

They should take a note out of ArcheAge's naval combat. Pretty shit game overall, but boat fighting was pretty fun; harpoons, retractable sails, retractable pirate plank, custom sails, trade pack storage, dangerous fish and sea monsters, a good fishing system that complements the naval system well and a lot more.

leth1337 likes this.
  7. Bojangles

Bojangles Frostjarl
    Legend

They need to make sharks much faster, have higher health and do more damage. If you fall into the water in an area full of sharks you should be pretty fucking scared. Also increase the damage a kraken does, increase its health, and make it not parryable. This is another mob that should scare the shit out of you, instead of being farm-able with 1-2 people. You would obviously have to increase their drops as well. Same goes for the other sea monsters.

8. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

PvE improvements to the group mobs as well as corrections to AI to fix exploits are long term on our radar. This will be something that continually evolves over time. The kraken is a personal favourite of mine and a mob I always champion to be made better in the team :D.

Post launch we'll be in a financial position to have some full time devs. Given what we've accomplished with part time volunteers I can't wait to see our guys at full tilt! With expanded resources we'll be able to hit some larger more expansive tasks. There's no lack of ideas in the team, we just can't capitalise on some of the bigger cooler tasks just yet.

This is why we focus on smaller piece by piece implementations currently as it works better for the current team situation.

leth1337 likes this.
  9. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

so by putting 5-6 krakens and 20 menhir in 1 spot is the smaller focus... piece by piece???

10. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

It was an easy change to find out exactly what would happen. Plus it's interesting :)

Quin Tessence and Fengor like this.
  11. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Technical testing was a goal with the first pass, we identified issues with krakens spawns for example and we wanted to test how the mob AI nodes would react on the server.

Quantity, respawn rate, AI improvements to increase difficulty, health, regeneration, damage, skills/abilities, pathfinding, loot/skins etc, etc. There's many different areas we can look at for balancing of monsters. We will need to make spawns lucrative for larger groups to accomplish our goals for regular group PvE locations.

The goal is to make spawns for varying group sizes and character/player levels. A spawn for 2-3 newbies for example could be solo'd or duo'd by veterans. A spawn for 10+ could potentiality be handled by half that number but there's a difference between possible and being more efficient to bring more. That's the goal and it will take time to bring mob mechanics up to par to accomplish a balance of risk vs reward and large group spawns. This is one area that may likely never stop receiving attention and changes over the whole life of the game.

leth1337, Battle Smurf and Fengor like this.
  12. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

So, here is the big issue with the way that you did this. From what I have seen, the mobs that have changed are mobs that were being farmed anyway. Sure there is going to be a small surge right now because it is the cool thing, but people have always farmed sentinels, rare golems, elfshades, etc. I want to see what happens when you do this to moonbeasts, melechar, ciel fey and other mobs that are generally considered trash.

13. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Melechars already spawn like crazy in the elf dungeon and they aren't worth farming when compared to other mobs.

14. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl

Sure, but my point is that I think they played with the wrong mobs first. Where is the 5x son of ochran spawn so we can actually get q3 bile? The mobs that were not worth farming before should have been the first priority.

Slayven and Dixie Normus like this.
  15. VVolfgang

VVolfgang Fire Elemental
    Legend

I think Gold reduction should be done on the higher level mobs and spread out over the lower level mobs. Starting out farming gold to buy skills, regs and such is a gold sink until you can get where you're killing the better mobs that drop more gold. The 500K meditation helps a lot in that area. But there's still a significant gold sink in the beginning as a new character.

16. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Not saying that we wont change other spawns too, but the best change for enchant mats is going to be renaming them so none are mob specific and that will allow us to adjust their drop range to other mobs. I think q1and q2 should be a lot more available, possibly q3.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  17. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl

That is good to hear regarding enchanting.

18. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Then you make a stupid system like unholy wars where farming shit mobs is best gold per hour no thanks

i'd consider a gold nerf across the board but the struggle of gold sink is part of the game and teaches u skills that come in useful later as a player in darkfall.

Ford Prefect likes this.
  19. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

The shitty mobs need to be good for something... You can't expect new players to stick to a game where they are forced by PKs/clans/zergs/elitist into such low value spawns that the super tedious GHP makes it completely unfun either. At least in UW a lot of the 'shitty' mobs dropped dye pigments and shit that made them a bit less frustrating to farm even if they weren't practically useful items but just cosmetic things they could sell or use to look cool.

I don't think gold nerfs are the right direction either, at least not without them ever tackling the basic resource choke.

Fengor and Super Star like this.
  20. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I agree that they should drop something decent but I don't want the meta to be mass farming shitty mobs as a vet for gold.

Ford Prefect likes this.