Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Early Access Launch and Kickoff Free Trial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Akathar
    Loyal Supporter

Thank you for the update, but I really don't understand why you are calling this "Early Access" if we aren't going to keep our stuff from this point forward, I'm let down because I expected there to be a wipe and this to mark the start of actually getting to keep our stuff (even if it's only stats/skills). This isn't what "Early Access" means to us MMO gamers, I'd prefer you guys call it what it is: The next stage of the beta.

And the reason I'm let down is because there is little motivation to keep going when we are gonna lose everything, and even less reason for people to start a trial when everyone else is already near maxed. Early access? More like late access!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Pimptight, onslaught and Battle Smurf like this.
  2. Dharmak

Dharmak New Member
    Legend

I agree with you Fenhri Frauki . I did " early access on STWOR , Aion , GW2 , & even THE DIVISION. Nothing like this I've ever heard before . Most of the time "EARLY ACCESS " was 2 days before launch .

Fenrir Frauki likes this.
  3. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

@Andrew trying to bring games for the early acess.. pls buff 2 or 3 times the gains.

Wipe is close there's no reason to punish ppl to grind.

Im afraid becausw they can test now get boring and dont come back for the launch

#43 NonFactor, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  4. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

isnt launch projected for late Q1/Early Q2? that shit is 5 months away lol, thats not "close"

5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

Ofc its close.
    5 months is nothing

6. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

5 months is longer than its been in total for the first stage of beta thus far

Fengor and Dixie Normus like this.
  7. Bia Erinyes

Bia Erinyes Goblin Warrior
    Wealthy Legend

Ok Taylor. I just upgraded to Legend with all those extras plus a donation. I'm ready for your launch and I hope you advertise big, because I'm cheering for you guys. All I can say atm is that I log on to check once a week or month and fewer ppl seem to be playing. Hopefully, I'm just missing something. It would be nice though if you had a population counter in game (if you do, what's the command?). Do you guys believe in yourselves enough for that? Good luck.

MWTaylor likes this.
  8. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

First I want to say thanks for the support! While none of us are being paid to work on the game, we still need money to keep servers up for testing and be ready when launch happens. I can't stress enough how important it is and how excited we are that our community has helped out as much as all of you have.

I also wanted to point out what you said right here. You are suggesting that you yourself are not playing the beta. This is fine, I personally have never been a "beta player" either as I like to spend my in-game time when whatever game I'm interested in is live. This is how a majority of people are as well. The further along we get in beta, the fewer people we can expect to see logging in and playing for long periods of time. This happens in every beta I've ever paid attention to unless it's not a real beta and wipes do not happen. It's important that people don't take whatever population you see during beta as an sort of sign as to the interest in the game. The people willing to spend time leveling when their progress is going to be wiped is always much smaller than those that will be joining during launch.

#48 kilrain, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  9. Bia Erinyes

Wealthy Legend

Ahh, that makes sense. I never thought of it that way. Thank you.

10. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

@kilrain

almost every aspect of the darkfall demands population. and thats the big issue since 2010.

in my opinion, to work properly (politics, economy, territory control, etc etc) darkfall needs at least 3k players online.

so, my point here is, the payment system needs to be changed drastically. by myself im able to pay 50 bucks per month for play darkfall but ppl dont. SPECIALLY new ppl.

actually the current payment method suggested here is outdated. wtf subscription? it cant work these days.

idk the exact way to get money but im sure u guys needs to think outside the box this time.

freemium? cosmetics? boosters? etc etc? idk.

theres no way to get alot of sucess asking for a box + subscription

#50 NonFactor, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Fenrir Frauki likes this.
  11. Bia Erinyes

Wealthy Legend

Well, you definitely need incentives for people to play such intense sandbox small niche games, that's for sure. As for how to obtain money? No clue. Personally, I'd pay 500 a month (and donate quite a bit now) because each night DF keeps me home, it saves me 100+ on a bar tab.

Young guns likes this.
  12. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

we're already addicted. me, you and maybe more 150 guys... its not enough.

freemium?

13. Bia Erinyes

Wealthy Legend

That wouldn't be bad, but I'd like to see more in game changes to permanent structures. Something like sieging housing or anything else that would keep everything mobile and not static.

14. pRogz

pRogz Goblin Scout
    Tester

This game should really either go F2P or keep the monthly payment at $5.00. A game that runs on population will die without it.

#54 pRogz, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  15. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

sure. some kind of freemium stuff.

its completly necessary way to follow.

i understand the fear of BPG but theres no other way to win.

Bia Erinyes likes this.
  16. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Akathar
    Loyal Supporter

Agreed 100%. If they don't take this advice I promise you we will have the exact same people who already bought the game here at launch and that would be a best-case scenario.

Your real supporters who can afford to pay well-above the monthly cost will end up making you much more money through cosmetics and boosters than some outdated p2p model.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    NonFactor likes this.
  17. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

I work with IT in my place. i know a lit about market and im completly right about that

In a DF scenario , the current payment method cant work satisfactorily

18. Young guns

Young guns Guest

Didn't BPG say freemium is on their list of shit? Not sure but I thought I saw one of their tagged peeps say it...

If freemium was an extended trial basically with heavy enough restrictions to make premium worthwhile I think it could work. Hackers is always the biggest fear with alternative accounts the second.

NonFactor likes this.
  19. Bia Erinyes

Wealthy Legend

Possibly