Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Early Development Roadmap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hugo, Mar 3, 2016.

1. AdamDMC

AdamDMC Gravelord
    Supporter

really really love all the changes. None look like they would be hard to implement.
    -Add a mechanic to specify a target bag for crafting output . YESSHHHH about time!

People saying this is catering to vets. Most people seemed to have an issue witht he grind and the fact it was hard to kill a vet character With these changes, it will close that gap. I think we are gonna be gooooooood!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    FKNrocked and PENETRATOR like this.
  2. DestLocke

DestLocke Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Sure. UW's was a two-way, multiple-jump system .. you could go from cairn to niff, yssam to ruby in a very predicable fashion from any other portal chamber in the world. Ours will just be stand-alone, one-way portals in interesting places throughout out Agon (we would like to target some of those MANY spots in Agon that had no purpose, for instance). The result of all of them together will result in a true wilderness portal network, but not in the sense people are used (ala UW)

vhuxtable, RagnarokDel and PENETRATOR like this.
  3. PENETRATOR

PENETRATOR Earth Elemental
    Legend

When you exit, do you come out at a same spot or is it random? In other words: Will people be able to camp exits?

4. Lodex2001

Lodex2001 Skeleton Archer
    Patron

Sounds fine. Now were do I login?

FKNrocked likes this.
  5. PENETRATOR

PENETRATOR Earth Elemental
    Legend

1 more thing I want to mention:

Since many of you (if not all) working for free, can you guys set-up a paypal account for donations? At least for energy drinks/food and beer. I need you all to stop caring about families and jobs and do Darkfall full-time :smilingimp:

BelalCham and FKNrocked like this.
  6. Umberto

Umberto Spellgazer

We do plan on making the entry to the game easier. We will be front loading skills and stats, reducing the power gap by a fairly large margin. There will still be long term progression for those who want the extra boost, but it will not be as vital as it used to be.

In terms of exploitable mob spawns, we do intend on addressing them. Our Quality Assurance team already has 100+ exploits compiled in a list. Once we get in game, we'll do everything we can to reduce that number drastically.

7. DestLocke

Legend

We will experiment with that random portal mechanic, but most will not be random. They will technically be camp-able, but no more than say a dungeon portal. It hasn't been talked about, but it could turn out we make the landing "spot" a small radius rather than a point.

#47 DestLocke, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    FKNrocked, PENETRATOR and Lodex2001 like this.
  8. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

we got are baby back .. now we need to take care of it, last chance )

9. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

On your asking about bunny hopping, I'd love it to stay only N/E/NE, as it added to how fights were fought. In 1v1s, you could use come-hither based on how you positioned yourself. Also, in sieges, you could position your siege force for an advantage, meaning strategy is a thing. Begone, as well is something that involves skill as the group holding the N/E/NE side had the advantage to also pull back. In the talk of strategy, having something that only works in certain directions certainly adds to it and making it available to go every direction would take a lot of the strategy of small and large scale fights away.

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Crypt Guard
    Hero

I don't think I like all of the changes to harvesting either. Can you not make it so it is possible to afk gather also? Have some random timing click point every now and again that speeds up gathering if you are active, perhaps even reduces amount slightly if you active fast gather? And what kind of notification are you thinking about for empty nodes? I wouldn't want to see flashing outlines or icons in the world.

vhuxtable and Carrot Soup like this.
  11. Kal VenoM

Kal VenoM Skeleton Archer
    Legend

What about bugs/fixes and game performance, mainly large scale. How high are they on your priority list?

12. Sloppy

Sloppy Goblin Warlord
    Legend

If you are doing the Asheron's Call portal network, that is pretty cool.

You had to learn the different loops to different places.
    Some of the dungeons had lots of portals (We called it the subway) and there were always massive battles in there.

vhuxtable and PENETRATOR like this.
  13. Catorino

Catorino Crypt Guard
    Legend

Mounts
    • Increase all mount speeds on roads.
    Please no, they added this to UW and it was really awful.

Carrot Soup likes this.
  14. Oriphus

Oriphus Crypt Guard
    Hero

Why was it bad?

15. DestLocke

Legend

Precisely. The system is inspired by AC. I played AC from beta on strictly on Darktide. :D I always thought it was superior to any other type of travel system; fast travel that promotes world travel? You can't beat that.

16. brahji

brahji Black Knight
    Legend

Is this big sloppy?

17. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

It wasn't. The first iteration of it was god awful because your mount health didn't tie into speed so people on a mount was like speedy gonzalez turning on dimes evading every shot. After a few days they nerfed it to tie into mount health and it was okay. I wouldn't like to see the speeds be of UW levels because I agree it was a tad bit powerful if you planned an escape route, but a little increase is fine for travel purposes imo.

FKNrocked and Fengor like this.
  18. DestLocke

Legend

It would be on-target indicator aka "Iron Node (empty)". As far as your concerns about the harvesting changes, everyone's concerns seem to revolve around not being able to AFK harvest anymore. Our goal is to remove the feeling that you HAVE to AFK harvest to get a good amount of anything, while making it much less of a commitment node-to-node. It will also promote more world activity. In the end, it might not work out and we'll need to change it, but that is what alpha/beta is for.

19. Rigan

Rigan Goblin Scout

It could simply be activated ONLY if the user was out of combat for 2 minutes? there abouts, so as to not effect direct combat and PVP.

20. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

It's a good idea, but I think some people here including me just want to hit a node, and do some RL activity, not saying it should be as profitable as actively harvest but I'd like to keep that option. I'm just hoping that there are solutions for both people.

vhuxtable likes this.