Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Embers of War

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Thanks for the update Andrew.
    Any thing for PvE coming?

3. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Rise of Agon its a great game...you have a plan if many new player start to play soon? I mean an eu server...ecc

4. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

This is what I get everytime I run df...
    upload_2020-4-15_21-11-45.png

5. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Wouldn't regional arena servers just make queue times even longer than they already will be?

6. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

fuck off you're probably east coast, eat a big ol bag of floppy dicks

7. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Fucking guppy brain here cares more about slightly better ping than actually having people to fight with/ against

Enjoy your hour long queue times you goof

Inkarnation likes this.
  8. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

I have 100-110 ping playing from West Coast, that's shit.

9. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Will be nice to get to experience low ping darkfall again. Feels like clunky garbage at 100-110.

10. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Complaining about 100 ping in a global sandbox... you're even more of a guppy brain than previously thought

Take as long as you need to put 2 and 2 together and then come back when you understand why regional arena servers in a low pop game will still be a net negative for you.

Especially if the arena will have more than just 1v1 options

11. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Kinda have to agree with Smurf. People are already complaining they fight the same people...think when you que up for an hour just to fight the same guy over and over. To low pop..even lower pop will use the arena too.

Inkarnation and Battle Smurf like this.
  12. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

So they should design something based around 100 players? Or design something based around 10,000+ players? You say 100 ping in a global sandbox, I say 100 ping in a FPS game.

Did you just start the whole "guppy brain" thing? Because that's two posts in a row you've said it.

13. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

This is a good point. Personally I want to see 10k players in this game, think we all do. But do we make a arena around a false dream or build around reality? If BPG has some marketing plan to recruit brand new players by the masses then hell ya do regional servers. If we're gonna remain off steam then regional servers might be like LBS said and have super long que times plus your chances of fighting the same guy in your arena over and over again increases alot.

@Andrew ,
    Last Oasis did about a mil on their launch. Game is shit.
    Revert everything back to alpha( combat wise and to get rid of the 100s of bugs )Keep your GUI changes, crafting changes, revert mob spawns to original spots, add quest, update new player experience, AND MAKE LEVELING HARD. No more 2 weeks and max. Then relaunched on steam...you might lose 30~ people? Would gain 1000s. Would give you that big extra cash flow to then do embers of war right.

14. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Definitely agree with increasing the leveling time and relaunch

But SOFTCAP/ time gate progression and crafting to keep tryhards from gaining such huge power cliff advantages early on and making people quit

Example for the first week cap crafting skills to rank 20

Start of week two raise the crafting cap to rank 30

And either hard cap character skills or softcap (meaning you can keep progressing past the daily limit but it becomes MUCH slower) them and raise the limits every 3 days or so

This will provide many different benefits such as prolonging progression while still allowing people who join late to catch up faster, increased open world early game pvp activity (because once people hit their daily cap they no longer need to sit in their grind holes) and will make the game feel much more populated. And of course it will lessen the pvp blowouts if everyone is kept within a specific max character skill/ gear rank.

Plus the LONGER it takes for the FIRST people to max out, the MORE TIME BPG has to add content before they stop logging in

The last thing you want is some people wearing infernal on day 8 with vastly more advanced characters just slaughtering whole newb clans in banded/plate and low character skills.

The PLAYER skill and knowledge difference is already going to be huge, be wary of any vet who is against time gated soft/hard progression caps
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes a GLOBAL FPS game

And my point holds EVEN MORE true when you look at it from a relaunch 10,000 player base perspective

100 ping is the average, arguably slightly lower than the average if demographics were the same (which if a relaunch were to happen would be pretty likely as we'd pick up some more EU/ SA/ Oceanic/ Russian players)

100 ping Darkfall is absolutely playable at a high level, I'd GLADLY take that + 1 global player pool over my 55 ping and only being able to fight people on the east coast USA

You sound like a spoiled EU kid right now, the kind that would rather play on a low pop 30 ping EU server that only has activity in a 4 hour window each day, rather than single global server with 100 ping, activity 24/7, and vastly more players

If BPG go with regional servers YOU will be the one complaining because you have no one to fight, long queues, and the people u do face will be the same with the outcome practically predetermined, you also WON'T be able to do TEAM fights

Fengor and Inkarnation like this.
  15. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

smurf kinda spittin

these eu kids dont even deserve the right to post, they could at least keep their dumb spoiled rat opinions to themselves

Battle Smurf likes this.
  16. WildWood

WildWood Dire Zombie
    Benefactor

Thanks for the update, a lot of exciting changes recently and a lot more to come.

17. Garou

Garou Deadeye

The way I see it is either you have east coast arena with 4 kids with 20 ping queueing or you have multiple arenas with 4 kids each.

I would never queue to an east coast arena thats for sure, atleast on my part the lack of an EU arena server isnt going to result in an increase on the playerbase of the NA one, since I'd just not play at all.

Could just have multiple servers but one queue and you get randomly assigned a server, but that could result in 2 eus fighting on australia server with both having 500 ping. Maybe force people to choose 2-3 servers, idk.

18. Itwas Luck

Itwas Luck Gravelord

Probably not how I'd describe Darkfall at this point tbh.

onslaught and Fengor like this.
  19. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

i just want a stable 150 ms.

20. Dagoth Ur

Dagoth Ur New Member

Can't wait!